ForumsForum GamesThe New Beginning *REBOOT* (RPG)

151 48919
ItalianSuperBoy
ItalianSuperBoy
295 posts
Peasant

Hey! This is a reboot of my first forum game, which I will link soon enough.

Backstory: There used to be an Earth. A nice one, at that. Humans lived peacefully on it. Then came war, and weapons, and new nuclear weapons, the Earth blew up, blah blah blah.
The point is, humans destroyed their own planet with pollution and war (have I mentioned that already?). You are disappointed, but you decide to try again. At what, you ask? At making a new Earth. YOU are the..."god," as those humans named you, and you want to turn over a fresh leaf. You are starting Earth's New Beginning.

All players will work together on this, managing the new human race and the new planet you have created. It's not an individual story for each player, as with most RPGs, but you and your fellow immortals have to make an Earth together. Unfortunately, your "fresh start" has made you start fresh. That means you are a fledgling god, instead of the figure of divine power you were.

Name: (Self-explanatory)
Element: Choose an element or force of nature that you specialize in. You have power in all aspects, but this element you particularly have more power in.
Personality: Do you ignore insults, or immediately reprimand the speaker? Are you caring and generous or despising and miserly? This is basically where you put how you usually act.
Appearance: What you look like to other beings.
You have 25 points to distribute among the following skills:
Intelligence: Your general knowledge.
Charisma: How powerful your presence is and how easily you can persuade someone to do something.
Constitution: Your health; how much damage you can take before disintegrating.
Strength: Your physical prowess (even gods have limits.)
Creation: Your ability in other elements; the difference from being able to create a puddle instead of an ocean.

Any questions, just ask.

• 151 Replies
HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Name: Flying Spaghetti Monster
Element: All Things Pasta
Personality: All knowing and all seeing. And, yay, the FSM watches over the universe guiding us with it's noodly appendages. May you be covered in sauce. Aye me hearties! Amen.
Appearance: Mass of spaghetti with large periscopic octopus eyes and two central meatballs.
--You have 0 points to distribute among the following skills--
Intelligence:4
Charisma: 5
Constitution: 3
Strength: 2
Creation: 11

anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

Name: The Destroyer
Element: Destruction in general, particularly fire.
Personality: I destroy stuff, especially stuff I don't like. Stuff I like may not be destroyed.
Appearance: A vaguely humanoid wall of flames.
Intelligence: 1
Charisma: 1
Constitution: 8
Strength: 10
Creation: 8

I go over to the rocky planet (they're in order of closeness, right?) and I start blasting it with fire until it either formally acknowledges my superiority or gives me power, like what George did.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Name: Salva
Element: Gravity
Personality: Watchful; generally remains anonymous and manipulates stuff from behind the scenes.
Appearance: A mass of fine white threads, able to knit into any kind of form. Generally just a ball with a few threads flowing out.
Intelligence: 11
Strength: 3
Creation: 7

So... well then, I head over to the bright thing the humans called Sol, or the sun. I stop near the gaseous planet second to Sol, grow the sphere to about 2 km in diameter and then put it into a low orbit.

kastor246
kastor246
213 posts
Nomad

Name: Ur
Element: Water
Personality: Friendly, nice, enjoys meeting new gods and creating sea creatures.
Appearance: A giant tortoise.
Intelligence: 2
Constitution: 5
Strength: 8
Creation: 5

I try to figure out what seems off about him.

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

Name: Desol
Element: Desert
Personality: Nice to stuff in desert and destroys/turns stuff into a desert if it's not a desert.
Appearance: A huge sandstorm
Intelligence: 5
Charisma: 4
Strength: 5
Creation: 6

When you say desert, does that include sand, cacti, etc.?

Yep
ItalianSuperBoy
ItalianSuperBoy
295 posts
Peasant

Personality: All knowing and all seeing. And, yay, the FSM watches over the universe guiding us with it's noodly appendages. May you be covered in sauce. Aye me hearties! Amen.
Appearance: Mass of spaghetti with large periscopic octopus eyes and two central meatballs.

As you wake up, you feel very saucy. You flex your noodly appendages and open your huge, meaty eyes, eager to form wheat into dough and then the best food in the universe.

You remember the one thing that helps you: the Italian humans. You want to see them, to help with their creations.

What do you do?

Personality: I destroy stuff, especially stuff I don't like. Stuff I like may not be destroyed.

(Yes, first planet is closest to George, last planet is farthest from George.)

You travel over to the rocky planet and notice that it is extremely hot where it faces George and extremely cold from where it faces away.

You summon fire and blast it into the rocky surface. Nothing, other than a few microscopic rocks being melted, happens.

What do you do?

Name: Salva
Element: Gravity
Personality: Watchful; generally remains anonymous and manipulates stuff from behind the scenes.
Appearance: A mass of fine white threads, able to knit into any kind of form. Generally just a ball with a few threads flowing out.
Intelligence: 11
Strength: 3
Creation: 7

You have nothing to make the sphere bigger. The closest things you could use are the two rocky planets next to you. The one closest to the sun is the one the humans called Mercury. The one behind you is where the humans used to live, Earth.

Now that you think of it, Earth should have a little bit of moon left, even after they destroyed it.

You also realize that you should inform the other gods before they start going crazy over their amnesia.

What do you do?

Name: Ur
Element: Water
Personality: Friendly, nice, enjoys meeting new gods and creating sea creatures.
Appearance: A giant tortoise.
Intelligence: 2
Strength: 8

It's very difficult for you to tell. What you can pick up, though, is that he is a little antisocial. He also brings out bad feelings in you, feelings of hate and darkness.

Overall, he's just suspicious.

What do you do?

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

What about me?

ItalianSuperBoy
ItalianSuperBoy
295 posts
Peasant

Personality: Nice to stuff in desert and destroys/turns stuff into a desert if it's not a desert.

Sorry, I somehow failed to see your reply and subsequently update you with the others. D:

You wake up.

Immediately, you feel dry. Not in a bad way; this is how you were meant to feel, like sand and dust caught on the wind in a hot sun.

However, you also feel uneasy. It only takes you a millisecond before you realize: you have no memory.

Like, none at all. You have no idea where you are, who you are, or why you have amnesia. But you have to know SOMETHING, right?

You reason that exploring your environment will help you figure out things.

What do you do?

stinglashjp
stinglashjp
161 posts
Shepherd

Name: Terrok
Element: Earth/Ground
Personality: A little timid, likes to help out and interact with Gods
Appearance: Changes depending on the situation (Small human, big human, etc.)
Constitution: 6
Strength: 4

I begin to create down pours of rain/water and, if I can, creat organisms to feed on the rain and dirt mixture and produce food or some gas. (Your choice, also, ice caps?)

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

I reach out with my noodles searching for a conduit on which I build my domain. There I shall create some stuff in a week or so, and make the first Italian out of national pride and marinara sauce. And it will all be pretty sweet.

landspeeder
landspeeder
115 posts
Nomad

Name: Shadow
Element: Darkness
Personality: Quick and to the point, sad usually, has a bad dark side
Appearance: A hooded figure with half face blackened and with a dark deep scar on the light side of his face.
Intelligence: 7
Charisma: 3

I ask him if he knows were I can get a plant to build and rest on.
[b](What kind of storms?)

ItalianSuperBoy
ItalianSuperBoy
295 posts
Peasant

Name: Terrok
Element: Earth/Ground
Personality: A little timid, likes to help out and interact with Gods
Appearance: Changes depending on the situation (Small human, big human, etc.)
Constitution: 6
Strength: 4

The average global temperature and atmospheric pressure is far too cold and unsuitable for liquid water, so the rain freezes or evaporates as soon as you summon it.

After this, you act instinctively to create life: small organisms like you described. They are supposed to use the rocky ground to make a better atmosphere.

However, they suffocate as the liquids in their body boil, again due to the temperature and atmospheric pressure.

What do you do?

(Also, if anyone notices something wrong with my reasoning or understands Mars better than I do, please do tell me. Iâm not an astronomer. :P)

Personality: All knowing and all seeing. And, yay, the FSM watches over the universe guiding us with its noodly appendages. May you be covered in sauce. Aye me hearties! Amen.
Intelligence: 4

You sense the following planets around you:
*A small, rocky planet. You also sense this one is being claimed by another god.
*A blue-greenish gaseous planet. You also sense this one is being claimed by another god.
*A barren sphere of rock.
*A red, sandy planet. You also sense this one is being claimed by another god.
*A ring of differently-sized and shaped rocks.
*A massive, swirling gaseous planet.
(Planets beyond this are extremely hard to see.)
*A slightly yellow planet with enormous rings.
*A blue-green planet.
*A blue planet.

What do you do?

Name: Shadow
Element: Darkness
Personality: Quick and to the point, sad usually, has a bad dark side
Appearance: A hooded figure with half face blackened and with a dark deep scar on the light side of his face.
Intelligence: 7
Charisma: 3

(I'm going to assume you meant *planet.*)

âDo you know where I can find a planet to build and rest on?â you ask it.

(Dark storms would have black clouds, acid rain purplish in color, and jet-black lightning bolts somehow still giving off light.)

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

I look around and explore my surroundings.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Personality: All knowing and all seeing. And, yay, the FSM watches over the universe guiding us with its noodly appendages. May you be covered in sauce. Aye me hearties! Amen.
Intelligence: 4

Feeling particularly lazy and slightly hung over. I make my way across the cosmos to closest unoccupied planet:: the barren sphere of rock.

anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

A flash of inspiration comes to me. I can simply conquer these beings in my name without them even officially submitting to me, and force them to submit if they ever actually do anything. I name this place Marie and declare it a she. I then move on to the next blue-greenish planet, and blast it with fire to make sure it has no complaints with me ruling it.

Showing 46-60 of 151