ForumsForum GamesThe Anarchy Wars

414 55808
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Background:

The "Anarchy Wars" a misnomer really, it wasn't anarchy, not completely.
More like if the world went back to ancient greece with all the countries splitting into weak city states bickering with each other and an enclave of a government still pretending to be in control while also trying to convince or subjugate the other city states
Rather then building up to war, the countries devolved into anarchy due to the depression, in 1929 when it first hit there were major grumbles. Stock executives committing suicide rather then lose their fortunes, and millions homeless but within the next year the people fought their government, rising up, mostly ending up as their own little fiefs the size of their house, or the neighborhood. But some of them, usually Officers, former Government employees, even a few enterprising men and took over cities, enforced their own ideals and became city states. You are the owner of a city state and control it as such. Enclaves of the former governments remain strong, and attempt to keep control over the multitude of little self sufficient countries and some are more successful than others.

Sheet:

Leader Name:
Description:
Bio: optional
---------
City Name: Can be real, or made up, don't be silly
City Standard:
Locational Perk:
Population:10,000 (Split between the below 3)
Workers:
Scientists:
Soldiers:
Soldier Types: Militia
---------
Technology: WWI Era set (Bolt Action Rifles, barbed wire, machineguns, mortars, light artillery, etc.)
Buildings:Headquarters, Barracks, Triage Center, Gunsmith
Vehicles: (For War) none
Defenses: none
Allies: none
Enemies:
ResourcesCatch all currency)50,000
Morale: Average
Events: Your city State has been formed

Locational Perks
Russia: troops Immune to cold
Germany: Tech research quickened
France: Higher Morale
America: Cheaper research & soldiers
Britain: Better Aerial forces
China:2x population
Japan: better naval forces
Italy: Troops not affected by rugged terrain
Canada: Friendlier relations with other city states
Switzerland: Troops fight twice as hard on the defense

You can be in any country, but you'll need to develop your own perk for it, and i will judge it.

• 414 Replies
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Leader Name: Wilhelm Steinweg
Description: Aggressive for his people, Tactical, and Merciless
Bio: Seeing the progression into world war, Steinweg's powerful speeches and leadership overthrew the German government, becoming a strong and feared leader at the ripe age of 24.
---------
City Name: Berlin
City Standard: A white border with a yellow star surrounded by an intricate red circle
Locational Perk: Germany
Population:13,000
Workers: 4000
Scientists: 3000
Soldiers: 3000
Soldier Types: 0 Militia, 3000 WWI Troopers (Basic modern infantry, with bright and nationalistic uniforms, and soft caps.)
---------
Technology: WWI Era set (Bolt Action Rifles, barbed wire, machineguns, mortars, light artillery, etc.), Light Armored Car, Radio Broadcasting
Buildings:Headquarters, Barracks, Triage Center, Gunsmith, Rifle Range, Vehicle Workshop
Vehicles: (For War) none,
Defenses: Trenches
Enemies:
Resources:12,500
Events:Basic medical tools and chemicals 3 turns, Watchtower: 2 turns, 10 unarmed armored cars: 3 turns, 5 MG armored cars: 5 turns,

Well from that, you gain more population, but to lampshade the fact that these are babies and not full grown,let's just assume the same amount also reached adult age for the sake of simplicity

+3k population

Naturally i won't let you do this every turn, or every other turn, if you try i'll just lower the number until none

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Bio: Seeing the progression into world war, Steinweg's powerful speeches and leadership overthrew the German government, becoming a strong and feared leader at the ripe age of 24.
---------
City Standard: A white border with a yellow star surrounded by an intricate red circle
Workers: 5000
Scientists: 4000
Soldiers: 4000
Soldier Types: 0 Militia, 3000 WWI Troopers (Basic modern infantry, with bright and nationalistic uniforms, and soft caps.)
---------
Technology: WWI Era set (Bolt Action Rifles, barbed wire, machineguns, mortars, light artillery, etc.), Light Armored Car, Radio Broadcasting
Buildings:Headquarters, Barracks, Triage Center, Gunsmith, Rifle Range, Vehicle Workshop
Enemies:
Events:Basic medical tools and chemicals 3 turns, Watchtower: 2 turns, 10 unarmed armored cars: 3 turns, 5 MG armored cars: 5 turns,

Okay, thanks. ^_^
By the way, is population growth linear or exponential? And if I put my population into soldiers, do they become militia or infantry?

I scout the north forest and loot it for resources.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
Enemies:
Resources:42,500
Events:Basic medical tools and chemicals 2 turns, Watchtower: 1 turns, 10 unarmed armored cars: 2 turns, 5 MG armored cars: 4 turns,

Math was never my strong suit, so i have to go layman, it goes up more, the more people you have, so i suppose exponential
Militia, unless you spend the time to make them soldiers.

You send out logging trees, the forest becomes a little bit more sparse, and you get 30k resources

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

---------
---------
Enemies:
Resources:42,500
Events:Basic medical tools and chemicals 2 turns, Watchtower: 1 turns, 10 unarmed armored cars: 2 turns, 5 MG armored cars: 4 turns,

I'll put 1k people into everything and train all of the militia.

I scout the forest to see if they're are any precious metals or something near it.

Also, since aviation was around by WWI, I'll research weaponizing aviation (like mounting machine guns) as well as the Zeppelin airship.

As I do this, I create an aircraft factory.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
Defenses: Trenches, Watchtower
Enemies:
Events:Basic medical tools and chemicals 1 turns, turns, 10 unarmed armored cars: 1 turns, 5 MG armored cars: 3 turns, 1k militia 1 turn, Biplane Manufacturer, 8 turns

alright

You go through it, all your men find are the end of the forest, past it is a large swath of plains one can see for miles. In the distance is the smoke and flames of a burning city state.

You have that, but are much more expensive then troopers, a scout biplane, unarmed costs 5k resources per, a biplane fighter is 15k, and a small biplane bomber is 20k

zeppelins are 200k to research, 40k per for a regular unarmed one

You start on one for 30k and 8 turns

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

---------
---------
Enemies:
Events:Basic medical tools and chemicals 1 turns, turns, 10 unarmed armored cars: 1 turns, 5 MG armored cars: 3 turns, 1k militia 1 turn, Biplane Manufacturer, 8 turns

200k to research a zeppelin? Woah. I guess that's an end game chess piece.

I send my scouts towards the burning city state to see the cause and what its former leadership was, as well as loot as much as they can without being detected or harmed. Should they get into a firefight, I tell them to retreat immediately into the forest.

I research ways to cheapen vehicle manufacturing such as cheaper metals and more efficient engines and/or power sources.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
Enemies:

not so much, just they cost a lot of resources to put out and bring back, they're huge.

you send your 'scouts' though they never come back.

their already pretty basic and simple.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

---------
---------
Enemies:

Strange. I put some troops onto the watchtowers with binoculars and if I see nothing peculiar, I suspend work for a turn to increase my population.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
Population:13,010
Soldier Types: 0 Militia, 3995 WWI Troopers (Basic modern infantry, with bright and nationalistic uniforms, and soft caps.)
---------
Technology: WWI Era set (Bolt Action Rifles, barbed wire, machineguns, mortars, light artillery, etc.), Light Armored Car, Radio Broadcasting, Basic Surgery equipment and chemicals.
Vehicles: (For War) 10 unarmed armored cars
Enemies:
Events:, 5 MG armored cars: 2 turns, Biplane Manufacturer, 7 turns

strange? they weren't really scouts as much as they were some troopers running around, speaking of which you lose 5 of them

They see the plumes of smoke, but nothing because of the forest

You get a whole 10 people

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

---------
Scientists: 4010
Soldiers: 3995
Soldier Types: 0 Militia, 3995 WWI Troopers (Basic modern infantry, with bright and nationalistic uniforms, and soft caps.)
---------
Technology: WWI Era set (Bolt Action Rifles, barbed wire, machineguns, mortars, light artillery, etc.), Light Armored Car, Radio Broadcasting, Basic Surgery equipment and chemicals.
Vehicles: (For War) 10 unarmed armored cars
Enemies:

Well I would assume infantry would have basic reconnaissance as part of their training, but okay.

I take 5 unarmed armored cars and designate them as supply trucks, and the other 5 as medical trucks.

I put the 10 people into scientists.

I gather some more resources from the forests.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
Vehicles: (For War) 5 Supply Cars, 5 Medical Cars
Enemies:
Resources:37,500

Maybe in the regular army.

Alrighty

You make the forest a little more sparse, and get 25k resources

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

Before I make a character sheet, I just wanna know, can I play?

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

---------
---------
Enemies:

I create some bunkers and bomb shelters, as well as research the development of this gun which will be for specialized use against aircrafts and such.

I also research the tank, expanding on my knowledge of light armored vehicles into heavy armored vehicles, along with researching anti-tank weaponry and piercing rounds.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

of course, i don't restrict how many people can join

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
Enemies:
Events:, 5 MG armored cars: 2 turns, Biplane Manufacturer, 7 turns, Bunkers 3 turns

alright, it'll cost 5k

A MG with modified sights, you can just make them in static positions, but their use against anything but canvas bi-planes is dubious

You can start with the light tank, expanding on the 1930 principle of light armor warfare, it'll cost 40k resources and 10 turns.

You know you can levy taxes on the populace, naturally doing this often will yield less and less, but a lot of hate

Showing 46-60 of 414