ForumsForum GamesThe Anarchy Wars

414 55810
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Background:

The "Anarchy Wars" a misnomer really, it wasn't anarchy, not completely.
More like if the world went back to ancient greece with all the countries splitting into weak city states bickering with each other and an enclave of a government still pretending to be in control while also trying to convince or subjugate the other city states
Rather then building up to war, the countries devolved into anarchy due to the depression, in 1929 when it first hit there were major grumbles. Stock executives committing suicide rather then lose their fortunes, and millions homeless but within the next year the people fought their government, rising up, mostly ending up as their own little fiefs the size of their house, or the neighborhood. But some of them, usually Officers, former Government employees, even a few enterprising men and took over cities, enforced their own ideals and became city states. You are the owner of a city state and control it as such. Enclaves of the former governments remain strong, and attempt to keep control over the multitude of little self sufficient countries and some are more successful than others.

Sheet:

Leader Name:
Description:
Bio: optional
---------
City Name: Can be real, or made up, don't be silly
City Standard:
Locational Perk:
Population:10,000 (Split between the below 3)
Workers:
Scientists:
Soldiers:
Soldier Types: Militia
---------
Technology: WWI Era set (Bolt Action Rifles, barbed wire, machineguns, mortars, light artillery, etc.)
Buildings:Headquarters, Barracks, Triage Center, Gunsmith
Vehicles: (For War) none
Defenses: none
Allies: none
Enemies:
ResourcesCatch all currency)50,000
Morale: Average
Events: Your city State has been formed

Locational Perks
Russia: troops Immune to cold
Germany: Tech research quickened
France: Higher Morale
America: Cheaper research & soldiers
Britain: Better Aerial forces
China:2x population
Japan: better naval forces
Italy: Troops not affected by rugged terrain
Canada: Friendlier relations with other city states
Switzerland: Troops fight twice as hard on the defense

You can be in any country, but you'll need to develop your own perk for it, and i will judge it.

• 414 Replies
stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

Cool, thanks.

Leader Name: John Jackson
Description: Good with tactics, high charisma, slightly aggressive
Bio: He is a genius with tactics and dreamed of being a general as a kid. With his high charisma he popular leader.
---------
City Name: John
City Standard: a blue fist with an orange background
Locational Perk: America, Cheaper research & soldiers
Population: 10 000
Workers: 3 000
Scientists: 3 000
Soldiers: 4 000
---------
Technology: WWI Era set (Bolt Action Rifles, barbed wire, machineguns, mortars, light artillery, etc.)
Vehicles: none
Enemies:
Resources: 50 000

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Bio: He is a genius with tactics and dreamed of being a general as a kid. With his high charisma he popular leader.
---------
---------
Enemies:

The city name is a bit simplistic, is it being run by a halfwit?

Either a real city or a specific place in america

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Leader Name: Wilhelm Steinweg
Description: Aggressive for his people, Tactical, and Merciless
Bio: Seeing the progression into world war, Steinweg's powerful speeches and leadership overthrew the German government, becoming a strong and feared leader at the ripe age of 24.
---------
City Name: Berlin
City Standard: A white border with a yellow star surrounded by an intricate red circle
Locational Perk: Germany
Population:13,010
Workers: 5000
Scientists: 4010
Soldiers: 3995
Soldier Types: 0 Militia, 3995 WWI Troopers (Basic modern infantry, with bright and nationalistic uniforms, and soft caps.)
---------
Technology: WWI Era set (Bolt Action Rifles, barbed wire, machineguns, mortars, light artillery, etc.), Light Armored Car, Radio Broadcasting, Basic Surgery equipment and chemicals.
Buildings:Headquarters, Barracks, Triage Center, Gunsmith, Rifle Range, Vehicle Workshop
Vehicles: (For War) 5 Supply Cars, 5 Medical Cars
Defenses: Trenches, Watchtower
Enemies:
Resources:37,500
Events:, 5 MG armored cars: 2 turns, Biplane Manufacturer, 7 turns, Bunkers 3 turns

All the same, I place some on my watchtower and leave room for anti-aerial artillery.

Is there an amount I can levy tax from my people? Such as, "I levy ___ amount" instead of a fixed rate? I do want to keep my morale up.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Bio: Seeing the progression into world war, Steinweg's powerful speeches and leadership overthrew the German government, becoming a strong and feared leader at the ripe age of 24.
---------
City Standard: A white border with a yellow star surrounded by an intricate red circle
Soldier Types: 0 Militia, 3995 WWI Troopers (Basic modern infantry, with bright and nationalistic uniforms, and soft caps.)
---------
Technology: WWI Era set (Bolt Action Rifles, barbed wire, machineguns, mortars, light artillery, etc.), Light Armored Car, Radio Broadcasting, Basic Surgery equipment and chemicals.
Buildings:Headquarters, Barracks, Triage Center, Gunsmith, Rifle Range, Vehicle Workshop
Defenses: Trenches, Watchtower, AA MG's (effective vs. biplanes)
Enemies:
Resources:0
Events:, 5 MG armored cars: 2 turns, Biplane Manufacturer, 7 turns, Bunkers 3 turns, Light armor warfare: 10 turns

Well i'd rather not leave it open for some guy to go and say " I levy 10 billion from my people!" but yes for this time, you can take exactly enough for 40k

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

---------
---------
Enemies:
Events:, 5 MG armored cars: 2 turns, Biplane Manufacturer, 7 turns, Bunkers 3 turns, Light armor warfare: 10 turns

'Course not, I'd rather not have a civil war while WW1 is going on.

Before I levy tax, do I need any prerequisites to upgrade my infantry?

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
Enemies:

upgrade them to what? Flamethrowers? Scouts? Snipers? Artillerymen? Spec Ops? Paratroopers?

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
Enemies:

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
Enemies:

mind changing the city name?

also your move

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

---------
---------
Enemies:

Pfft you know what I want; Scouts. But well, while we're at it, what are the requirements for fighter pilots, combat medics, and espionage?

I also enact a mandatory conscription from all of my people, so that every able-bodied scientist and worker will be able to defend their city state in a time of need.

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
Enemies:

A real city name?

I start building a cross wire fence around with barbed wire on the top and an opening on the north, east, west and south. I also build 8 guard towers 1 on each side of every opening.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
Enemies:
Events:, 5 MG armored cars: 1 turns, Biplane Manufacturer, 6 turns, Bunkers 2 turns, Light armor warfare: 9 turns

Scouts require a an advanced training course, for a wider variety of options

pilots need an airfield

Espionage like spies? they need need a government training ground, and a lot of resources

---------
---------
Enemies:

Anything better then john that has seriousness in mind

guard towers and a fence spanning the entire city will cost 35k resources

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

---------
---------
Enemies:
Events:, 5 MG armored cars: 1 turns, Biplane Manufacturer, 6 turns, Bunkers 2 turns, Light armor warfare: 9 turns

I levy 30k from my people and create an advanced training course that will deal primarily on stealth, observation, and will be equipped with binoculars and carrier pigeons. Basically, just all the things having to do with reconnaissance.

Next, I create an airfield.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
Vehicles: (For War) 5 Supply Cars, 5 Medical Cars, 5 SdKfz. 221 (8mm armor, 1 Mg 08 turreted)
Enemies:
Resources:10,000
Morale: Below Average
Events:, Biplane Manufacturer, 5 turns, Bunkers 1 turns, Light armor warfare: 8 turns, Advanced Training Course, 5 turns, Airfield, 6 turns

and morale drops accordingly

it costs 10k for the airfield and the training course

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

---------
---------
Vehicles: (For War) 5 Supply Cars, 5 Medical Cars, 5 SdKfz. 221 (8mm armor, 1 Mg 08 turreted)
Enemies:
Morale: Below Average
Events:, Biplane Manufacturer, 5 turns, Bunkers 1 turns, Light armor warfare: 8 turns, Advanced Training Course, 5 turns, Airfield, 6 turns

Alright, I suppose I should research primitive, black and white television, if possible.

Also, is the conscription act in effect?

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
Defenses: Trenches, Watchtower, AA MG's (effective vs. biplanes), Bunkers
Enemies:
Morale: Miserable
Events:, Biplane Manufacturer, 4 turns, Light armor warfare: 7 turns, Advanced Training Course, 4 turns, Airfield, 5 turns

It will cost more then you have

it is in effect right...now *looks at morale*

Showing 61-75 of 414