ForumsWEPRLegitimacy of the Medical Realm

29 15718
Stormslice
Stormslice
42 posts
Nomad

So I was wondering about this the other day. Why is it that so many people are being given anti-psychotics and anti-depressants these days? Moreover, why are they being given specifically to teens and young adults? Over the history of the human race, we've never done anything like this. And why is it, if the treatments are legitimate, that so many teens and young adults are depressed or psychotic? What has changed?
Well, a lot has changed in not a lot of time. We now have the internet, television, and social networking. And, yes, cyberbullying is at an all time high. However, I've heard of people who have gone through much, much worse in their lives and they went on to live their lives. Do things affect us psychologically? Of course, but the people I've seen have gotten past it. They came to grips with their situation and lived their lives. So what has changed with the most recent generation? What has made this generation like they are?
I have a theory, and I will put it here, but I would like to know yours as well.
My theory is that the current generation has not had to go through the reality and brutality of life. They escape it using the new technology of computers and computer gaming. I'm not saying that an occasional escape from everyday life is bad, on the contrary, I am all behind that. However, too much of it can cause serious expectational viewpoint problems, which is what we see today. People expect the world to be perfect and always work their way. This is an unrealistic expectation and, thus, the current generation gets depressed that their fantasy world does not come true.
So, the medical realm is handed this problem and the doctors don't go to the source, instead they mask the symptoms. If they are doing this with depression, then what else are they doing it with? What other conditions can be simply fixed, but the doctors just aren't telling you or they just don't know how to fix? After that comes the question of if the doctors really know what they claim to know. And if they don't, then why are we trusting our livelihood with people who don't know what they need to? Will you put someone who hasn't been trained into a F-22 fight jet? No. So why are we putting someone who ACTS like they are trained, but who just mask the symptoms with our livelihood? We shouldn't. So I am challenging the medical realm. I am standing here saying "I don't trust you with my life." If all they are going to do is give me drugs, then I'm not going to go to them. What ever happened to the rule "if a strange person offers you drugs, say no?" It's the same principle. If I want drugs, I'll go to a dealer, ok doc?
Who has similar feelings? Stand up and be counted.

• 29 Replies
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

you know that most table salts have iodine in them right? that's why you rarely ever see someone in a first world country walking around with a goiter.

there are lots of health problems in this world that are caused solely because of stupid people and their stupid decisions. I'm talking about jumping into a polar bear enclosure and wondering why you got mauled instead of hugged kind of stupid. People will get told that certain habits are absolutely terrible for their health, but they choose to do them anyway and are then shocked when their giant tree of stupidity bears its fruit.

Have you considered with all your conspiracy theories that people wait too long to have children in lieu of their professional careers? there are lots more women waiting til their 40s to have kids⦠and they wonder why their eggs are deviled and why their children have birth defects. That's not the sole reason, but it's a largely contributing factor.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Here's a little bit more research on the subject.

First, is Atomidine[/ur] the same thing as Nascent Iodine?

Second, is [url=http://drsircus.com/medicine/iodine/iodine-phobia-salt-truth]this
what you were trying to link earlier? Because I read through it and it's basically saying that we consume too little Iodine because it's removed from many things. It also goes on to talk about contaminants in foods and what not, which seems accurate. He also says he used Nascent Iodine because he has Hashimoto's and that it helped him, which makes sense there.

However, as Sonatavarius said, hypothyroidism isn't a big problem in developed countries. Taking more Iodine is just pushing past what your body already needs, unless you're deficient for some reason.

Third, these are the possible side effects of too much Iodine, from a reputable source.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Here's a little bit more research on the subject.

First, is Atomidine the same thing as Nascent Iodine?

Second, is this what you were trying to link earlier? Because I read through it and it's basically saying that we consume too little Iodine because it's removed from everything. It also goes on to talk about contaminants in foods and what not, which seems accurate. He also says he used Nascent Iodine because he has Hashimoto's and that it helped him, which makes sense there.

Third, these are the possible side effects of too much Iodine, from a reputable source.

*Link fixes How I wish for an edit. Needing to make an entire new post to add one ]

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

What alternative methods of treatment are there for acute epiglottitis?

What about the ultimate health problem? death? how does one fix the problems of death and bring the person back to life? how do you fix old age?

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Though I hate to triple post, I feel I didn't address this part adequately. I also was a little hasty to say you didn't have meningitis, as I thought it was always a bacterial infection. You may/may not have, I don't know. Regardless, baking soda certainly didn't do anything for your illness.

Sorry, I didn't put the whole thing here. It's 1 tablespoon of baking soda every hour, alternating with 1 tablespoon of bentonite clay. Also, slather some Magnesium chloride over yourself about every two hours. Also, monitor your ph using urine strips and make sure your ph doesn't go above 8.

Meningitis

Let's look at each thing one at a time, shall we?

1) Viral Meningitis. According to the link, this is the most common type of meningitis. Virus infections cannot be treated by medication, only the symptoms. It's typically minor and goes away within a week on its own. Baking soda won't help anything here.

2 Bacterial Meningitis. This is the more serious kind (which I thought was the only kind). You can treat this with antibiotics. Baking soda is not an antibiotic.
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

baking soda is also a natural constituent of your blood plasmaâ¦. i hardly see why you putting in more helping when your body is constantly pumping out its own supply. maybe I'm wrong, but it would just make you wonder how you got meningitis in the first place if all you needed was a little bicarb and a few ions that are already present in your blood stream.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf1N0Zf5IqA

we like assuming things, right? lets assume this is true. you tell me how eating dirt increases dopamine in the places where it's needed in the brain, and I might concede you this one disorder.

Stormslice
Stormslice
42 posts
Nomad

I assure you, you did not have meningitis. You probably had the flu or a cold.

Well, then your precious doctors diagnosed my whole family wrong. We did have meningitis and the doctors have no idea how we managed to survive with our mental processes intact. It is the swelling of the lining around the brain, right? I've had it. Oh, and by the way, my medical records and firsthand account are admissible in court, so your hardly veiled accusation that I'm a lair has no weight.

No. That makes absolutely no sense. These aren't magical potions you combine together that create varying effects. They're simple compounds that don't do what you're saying they do. Take a chemistry class.

There is no potion. Everything that you put on or in your body has an affect on your body. In saying that they are simple compounds, you are correct, but you miss the obvious fallacy of your argument. Your body needs all these things. They DO affect your body in various ways. Everything does. If you deny that, then you are denying the very chemistry classes that you are so eager to sign me up for. And it's not a just chemistry class that's needed, it's a physiology class as well because a chemistry class will tell you how things react, but a physiology class will tell you in what way the compound affect your body. Because your body is many compounds together, it reacts differently than any one of those compounds apart. The way that any of these compound reacts in a petri dish is completely different than it would react in your body because there are enzymes and processes in your body that utilize all of the compounds that I listed in a controlled way.

Link didn't work.

http://drsircus.com/

The pharmaceutical companies can't control the media or every single doctor. This is the basis of any conspiracy theory...the belief that a single entity has almost supreme control over everything, but the "enlightened" know the "truth" and everyone else is being "lied to." It's the exact same with the Illuminati, JFK nuts, and everything else like that...

And yet there is such a word as "conspiracy" in our language and pretty much every language. Why is there a word for it if it never happens? I just realize that everyone lies and is insistent on getting their way. The most powerful and wealthy attempt to take things over. It's been seen throughout history. Oh, and by the way, those JFK guys are right. Or would you like to explain the "magic bullet" theory to me? Every person knows that that theory is false. Therefore, the fact that you countered with that point at all shows that you are not, in fact, good at doing any research at all.

I'm not a doctor. I am someone who can use basic informational gathering skills and check reputable sources for said information.

Given the fact that you have not given a reputable source so far, I am somewhat cynical about that ability which you pride yourself on.

1) Nascent state means that is has less electrons than neutral charge, ie, it's more electronegative, ie, making it more reactive usually.

Yes, usually. But not in the case of iodine. You have just made my point.

2) I could find nothing saying there's an exception for Iodine. Give me a link. The only thing that comes up when I search for it is a bunch of homeopathic websites that say "it's good for you and does this!" while trying to sell it/recommend it.

And yet you pride yourself on your researching capabilities. I am sensing a contradiction.

3) I was using wikipedia for basic information on a definition of something.
4) Wikipedia is unreliable because anyone can change the information there - the sources it uses can be valid.

Then why did you not go to the sources? If the sources are valid, then provide the valid sources, not wikipedia.

Exposure to various chemicals. Most of it is probably through our foods, which are increasingly treated with different types of preservatives, anti pesticides, and other pollutants. Some of it is probably through medication.

Thank you, you just proved my points. You admit that the doctors and pharmaceutical companies are poisoning the general populace through medication.

I'd like a link to that study. I'll look into more on it too.

You can find all of this and more through DR. Sircus's website.

Care to explain how baking soda kills bacteria? Or how pouring Magnesium Chloride on yourself affects anything inside the body?

Now for the really fun part. Do you know how viruses work in your body? They both lower your body temperature and acidify your body. This creates a favorable environment for them to move within your body. The same thing happens with cancer. But by making your body more alkaline, you can stop the spread of the viruses, which allows your body to neutralize the problem more easily. And have you ever heard of Trans-Dermal? Besides, your skin is the biggest organ of your body, so again, your argument makes no sense. The baking soda helps with meningitis because the virus/bacterium (Either can cause meningitis) are then trapped in an unfavorable environment and your body is able to then neutralize it. The clay helps pull the foreign entity from your body as the magnesium works on healing your body.
Stormslice
Stormslice
42 posts
Nomad

I will concede that you've now used reputable sources, but you aren't reading everything. Because iodine has been removed from the food supply for so long, you are now deficient in it, which means you have to make up for lost ground. If you don't do this then the iodine doesn't do everything that it needs to do.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

you may or may not be right, but what most people don't acknowledge is that you can pretty much do anything and still get better most of the time. That's why homeopathy appears to work. Staying hydrated and resting can possibly cure just about any illness.

What he meant by "various chemicals" was in regard to the various chemicals industries put into their products. He wasn't talking about pharmacists poisoning people. He's talking about how China used to put lead paint onto their toys they'd ship over here. He's talking about how asbestosis is a problem in old shipyards and buildings. He's talking about the radon that seeps up out of the ground. He's talking about carcinogens in plastic bottles. The list goes on.

And as for your bs depression essay earlier, you do realize that the current day and age is the only one that has ever had social media like Facebook? It's akin to that story where this family was perfectly fine until they came into possession of a mirror. They all then became hypersensitive to their images and became depressed. Weak minded kids are constantly seeing the bigger than life best parts of other people while at the same time comparing that to the worst parts of their own lives. Nowadays we are actually developing sound science in the fields of psychology and psychiatry and that lends itself to diagnosing more people, but we also have a much greater potential of creating a larger population of depressed kids.

It shouldn't be this way, but we live in a world where if a doctor doesn't do what the parent of the sick child thinks the doctor should do then they'll write up some misinformed stupid ignorant review on the internet and affect his livelihood. If the kid has a virus and the mom wants antibiotics, then the doctor has got to basically fight to not prescribe a general antibiotic.

funny thing your baking soda⦠it's arguing that you can attack a problem indirectly by managing the symptoms. you are inherently self contradictory in your reasoning

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Well, then your precious doctors diagnosed my whole family wrong. We did have meningitis and the doctors have no idea how we managed to survive with our mental processes intact

Did you have the bacterial type or the viral type?

Oh, and by the way, my medical records and firsthand account are admissible in court, so your hardly veiled accusation that I'm a lair has no weight.

1) Chill.
2) I never called you a liar. I had just assumed you never went to the doctor to get diagnosed because of how you seem to completely disdain doctors and think you can treat yourself.

And yet there is such a word as "conspiracy" in our language and pretty much every language. Why is there a word for it if it never happens?

It does happen. It's just never on such a huge scale that a single entity controls hundreds of thousands of individual people from around the world that have no relation to another other than profession. Especially in science, where the biggest rewards come from shooting down well established thoughts on how things are done. The pharmaceutical companies are not all powerful, all controlling, and all knowing. They want to make money, yes, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to find them trying to censor information that would harm their sales, but there's no way to do that for this sort of thing. In order to even entertain the idea of such a huge conspiracy, you need to first assume that all the doctors have no motivation to help anyone and only want money, that all the medical research being done is a farce, and that pharmaceutical companies have near or total power over the media.

And yet you pride yourself on your researching capabilities. I am sensing a contradiction.

The contradiction is that you claim Nascent Iodine does all these things, yet the most I can find are independent health sites regurgitating each other's beliefs and a few tidbits about how it helps with radiation absorption and treating hypothyroidism.

Where are the studies proving it does what you say? Where are the accredited institutions or groups giving this information? I can't find them. That's the kicker. I should be able to find them, if they exist.

Why don't you give me one or two?

Then why did you not go to the sources? If the sources are valid, then provide the valid sources, not wikipedia.

I can't find any sources about it at all. There isn't even a wikipedia article on Nascent Iodine. The closest I could find was the Atomidine one. Every other mention of "Nascent Iodine" comes from blogs or sites trying to peddle the stuff, claiming tons of healthy effects. From all appearances, it looks like a hoax.

Thank you, you just proved my points. You admit that the doctors and pharmaceutical companies are poisoning the general populace through medication.

1) There are side effects. This is known. It's required by law that these be known, and medication can't even be used in human trials until after a long period of animal testing. Patients who take the medication are told about the side effects.
2) It's not an intentional conspiracy to poison everyone. It's people trying to help others, and medication having a different effect on different people to some extent.
3) I'll repeat this one since it's so important. It's known that the medication has these potential effects. When it becomes known that certain ones cause these birth defects, they're either halted or carefully used.

Now for the really fun part. Do you know how viruses work in your body? They both lower your body temperature and acidify your body. This creates a favorable environment for them to move within your body. The same thing happens with cancer. But by making your body more alkaline, you can stop the spread of the viruses, which allows your body to neutralize the problem more easily.

I will admit that my working knowledge on this particular area is not sufficient for me to reply to at this time, and I'll look into it shortly.

Trans-Dermal?

I'll concede that. Though I can't say whether the stuff you're talking about in particular can be absorbed through the skin or not.

The clay helps pull the foreign entity from your body as the magnesium works on healing your body.

I looked up that clay stuff. The effects it was claimed to have, such as absorbing "toxins" was so vague that it was extremely suspicious. It sounded like pseudoscience. I looked it up again in a different place (not one of those homeopathic websites) and the only effect in common which it was said to have was dermatological ones. How does the magnesium heal your body?

Because iodine has been removed from the food supply for so long, you are now deficient in it,

Except it hasn't been removed from the food supply, and the vast majority of people in first world countries are not deficient in it.

which means you have to make up for lost ground.

By taking a dozen times the required amount every day? I don't think so.

If you don't do this then the iodine doesn't do everything that it needs to do.

Here's the biggest thing, for me, which makes me believe this is pseudoscience. Apart from the conspiracy-esque mindset those who follow homeopathy almost always display, you place -so- many different abilities onto these substances. If they were such super-cure-alls, the medical industry would be all over it. The mark of a lie or false belief is often exaggeration. It's suspicious, at the very least, that all of these things are somehow supposedly more potent than modern medicine, when they're just common compounds you can come by anywhere. To be blunt, it sounds like a scam. Someone selling a necklace with a charm on it can make all the same claims and have people crying out how it works so well, and how it supposedly does all of these things and sounds so supported - until you think about it and it doesn't really make much sense.

you may or may not be right, but what most people don't acknowledge is that you can pretty much do anything and still get better most of the time. That's why homeopathy appears to work. Staying hydrated and resting can possibly cure just about any illness.

This. A hundred times this. Homeopathy is simply placebo effect, correlative health, and basic nutrition in the form of proper nutrients via supplements. All this stuff you're claiming it does...isn't supported or proven. It's personal testimony from people who already think the health industry is bogus and that this type of self medication works.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Now for the really fun part. Do you know how viruses work in your body? They both lower your body temperature and acidify your body. This creates a favorable environment for them to move within your body. The same thing happens with cancer. But by making your body more alkaline, you can stop the spread of the viruses, which allows your body to neutralize the problem more easily.

Alright...

You're dead wrong. About all of this. Firstly, viruses do not affect your body temperature except for in rare instances. Your body increases it's temperature to make it harder for the virus to spread, not decrease. Second. PH is not related to disease. To be precise (from the second link)

"There is no scientific data suggesting that an alkaline (or basic) pH level is necessarily and inherently good for your health, nor is there any suggestion that an acidic pH is bad.
The pH of the human body is around 7.4. Any major deviation from this (below 7 or above 7.7) means almost certain death.
For a normally healthy person, the pH of all incoming foods is ultimately irrelevant, because the hydrochloric acid in our stomachs (pH of 3) sends broken-down food into our intestines (which absorb the nutrients into our bodies), which immediately saturates and neutralizes the food with digestive liquids and enzymes. In other words, itâs the intestines which send the nutrients to our body, food in our intestines is on par with our bodyâs pH levelâ"it doesnât matter what the pH level of the food is going in.
Our lungs and our kidneys provide us with powerful pH imbalance protection.
Measuring the pH of our saliva and urine is pointless unless youâre severely ill."

AKA, your entire premis on how this supposed treatment is working is complete bogus. You got better because your immune system worked, while you felt better because of the Placebo Effect.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Though I can't say whether the stuff you're talking about in particular can be absorbed through the skin or not.

It appears to cure or treat everything from pain to body odor to muscle injuries to hair loss to cancer to 'death'. Baseless quote from here:
"When we first started talking about the magnesium I was dying. I knew it inside. I am no longer dying. I feel life in me. I am so happy."
Reminds me of this.

As for the acid claim, I also found info while looking up a con artist.

On a distant sidenote, the claim that doctors are "giving depressed people drugs that are 10 times more addictive than cocaine and much more harmful" is still sourceless.

@Stormslice
How do you feel about DHMO?
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

The Cochrane collaboration say:

There is currently insufficient evidence to suggest that supplementing the diet of preterm infants with iodine is beneficial. - See more at: http://summaries.cochrane.org/CD005253/iodine-supplementation-for-the-prevention-of-mortality-and-adverse-neurodevelopmental-outcomes-in-preterm-infants#sthash.aASjtlhc.dpuf

It doesn't matter what you think because it conflicts with the Cochrane review.
Showing 16-29 of 29