ForumsQuestsHardest Quest Ever

31 21026
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

What is the hardest quest you achieved? Or what is the hardest Quest on the entire gaming site? Explain why.

The hardest Quest I have achieved:
Right in the Middle- Beat field G7 Gemcraft Labyrinth
Because the game takes forever to beat and the levels are hard. So it took a lot of dedication to complete.

Hardest Quest on AG:
Terminus- Beat all levels Bubble Tanks Tower Defence
This one is very time consuming and many of the levels are challenging. I plan to beat it in the future but we'll see what happens.

• 31 Replies
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

@devansh

No need in posting that here... Try asking an admin has they are the only ones who can do anything about it. I am having a similar problem with Terminus not saying it is completed too.

pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

I am still embarrassed by not getting "A New Beginning" from Sinjid --22,500+ people have completed it, but I just can't figure out how to beat that last guy.

He is a bit tricky. Are you maxed out? The way i beat them was i had potions (can't remember names) That boosted all my stats. They are rare think there is only 1 of them. Use the healing when you can, also i think there is a clone you can summon, that is extremely helpful.
PHLHimself
PHLHimself
300 posts
King

For me the hardest quests are those of hands of war 3, I'm just not interested in playing that game. Not into that type of gameplay
I've checked what it's about on several YT videos, but it simply doesn't appeal to me... This especially sucks since I'm a bit of a quest *****

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@reton8:

The ones I agree on:

You Finally Made It - Total skill achievement. Some of the levels were hard, but they always had specific patterns. If you were good enough, you won. Actually one of my favorite hard achievements because it was 100% skill based.

The Cursed Treasure 2 ones are actually much better now. The creator nerfed the more annoying non-skill elements (the divers), allowing you to actually get the achievements with skill. They're still tough, but they're almost all skill rather than RNG based now.

Optimization was hard, but just takes a bit of practice. The controls are different on the level you noted, but they're different in several of the levels. The controls aren't even particularly complex or counterintuitive - you shoot a rope out, up/down lengthens/shortens the rope, left/right swings in that direction. Get to the level and spend like 3 or 4 minutes just moving around the level practicing the controls and it's easy. I thought the Batman level was much more annoying, because the controls AREN'T intuitive, and because it required so much time that one death late in the level screwed your entire run time.

For ones I don't agree should be included on 'hardest', but should be put on 'stupid and annoying':

To me, any achievement that will be reached given a sufficient time investment, or has the RNG as a huge factor, cannot be a 'hardest quest ever' inclusion. Ultimate Arsenal, Master, Unlucky, and One Hundred Freaking Million require absolutely zero skill at the game, only luck or a sufficient application of time.

King of the Treadmill - Yeah, that was annoying. Some skill is involved, but RNG quests are never fun, because they take the skill out of it. If you happen to land on a couple '+1 all obstacles' at the beginning, you may as well just restart because you won't get 50k. At least it was short enough that attempts didn't take very long.

Unlucky - Another stupid RNG quest. Requires absolutely no skill and just a whole bunch of launches.

Strike Force Heroes 2 the quest is incredibly annoying because the game itself isn't that hard (I beat custom games and all of the campaign levels on Insane in the mid-20 levels), but the challenge levels have stupid gimmicks that introduce artificial difficulty. Defection is incredibly annoying because not only do the odds become more stacked against you as the game goes along, which would be fine and dandy itself if it were a deathmatch, but when you grab the flag you can only use your secondary weapon, and you can't score the flag if your opponents have taken yours. In other words, for the last 2 flag grabs, you essentially have to hope you're lucky enough that while you're grabbing the flag the enemy AI simply fails to grab yours. Randomania is also very stupid because not all weapons are created equal, especially between classes. Elemental weapons are totally useless, as are the bulk of the secondary weapons. If you happen to random a couple poor weapons in a row (extremely likely), and the AI is still racking up kills on each other the whole time, you're probably going to be too far behind to hope to win. It turns the game into total luck - and RNG based quests are NEVER fun.

Mutant Stomp honestly wasn't that tough. I lagged on my first run through - so I turned the settings down, like the game creator recommended. Fixed the lag, beat it on my 2nd non-lag try. Looking at the numbers on the achievements - only 1400 players have completed the game at all - leads me to believe that the problem is not with the game, but simply that a lot of people aren't bothering to try Mutant Stomp to begin with. It was easy if you actually READ the creators notes and turn your settings down to eliminate lag.

The rest I simply don't agree with at all.

Sushi Frenzy - I have no idea why this is on the list. It's easy to do, I got 100% achievements on that game in about an hour. The golden sushi weren't particularly hard to get - 9 out of 10 of them were in a place where you'd pick them up just beating the level in the first place. The game doesn't haven an RNG - if you hit the exact same spot every time, the cat will follow the exact same path. If you're off by a couple pixels it will follow a different path - but that isn't RNG. The levels that have moving obstacles likewise follow set patterns and speeds - timing rules here.

Several of the others - A lot of your 'hardest achievements' appear to be colored by you saying games are laggy. I play games on 3 different computers on 2 different internet connections (including a 6 year old laptop that has so little power that it literally can't do anything BUT play internet flash games), and I almost never experience lag. When I do, I turn down the quality of games, and it solves it.

There is not a single game on this site I have played that lags when I have it set at low quality and don't have something else running. The ONLY time games freeze is if I have multiple windows opened - a lot of the stupid side-of-the-screen flash adds on sites these days do freeze flash player. But that's got nothing to do with the game itself.

If you have a problem with most games freezing and lagging, close all other windows and put the quality to low.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

@Olinser, You don't need your flag at base to capture their flag, you can capture the flag as long as you are carrying it and don't die.

~~~Darth Caedus

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

Still doesn't change it from a stupid RNG achievement. When every single video/walkthrough for challenges includes the statement, "Restart the level until there are zero enemies with X weapon", you have made a stupid, RNG achievement.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Several of the others - A lot of your 'hardest achievements' appear to be colored by you saying games are laggy.

I should have made it more clear that certain quests were hard for me due to lag. Whenever I can I will play a flash game on the lowest settings. The only time I don't is if the game doesn't allow setting changes (no right click option or in-game menu for settings) or if the game runs fine on higher settings.

Achievements I said involved lag:
Mutant Stomp. It wasn't only the lag that made this hard and if you check out the quest page for Road of the Dead 2 you will see other users complaining about lag

Wasteland Stars
No Sacred Stones
Evil Superstar

These three quests were from the game Cursed Treasure 2. One, the game doesn't include a quality setting. Two the lag seems to be from a memory leak in the game. The longer you play the more it lags (although this may be fixed now?) so the lag had little to do with my computer. Three, at the time I played the game it was not rebalanced so the quests relied heavily on random number generators.

Final Showdown - Bubble Tanks 3
One hundred freaking Million - Epic Combo Redux
The Battle is Over - Incursion 2 The Artifact
Heroes Force - Incursion 2 The Artifact

With these three games I played them in the lowest setting I could and they still lagged.

Out of the 24 quests I listed I only mentioned lag in 8 of the quests and out of those 8 quests, 4 of them were difficult for other reasons beyond lag (those 4 being Mutant Stomp, Wasteland Stars, No Sacred Stones, Evil Superstar).

So out of 24 quests I listed only 4 I considered difficult almost solely due to lag. I also was very clear to put those quests in a separate category of - Hard Quests for Other Reasons: Game Issues.

In the end it was not a lot of quests that I considered hard due to lag, but only a few.

Also, I defined what I was considering as hard at the beginning of my post and I made it clear that hard to me included four different areas

- Time consuming
- Takes a lot of skill
- Takes a lot of luck or Takes a random occurrence
- Game issues

Game issues included lag and I was very clear on separating quests that were hard for one reason or another and quests that were hard due to lag (placed under the game issues section).

From my perspective, I agree on the quests we are considering hard, the difference is in that we are both defining hard in too separate ways. I would include "stupid and annoying" as equivalent to hard while you don't. I did basically point that out in the beginning of my post when I defined what I was considering hard. I'm defining hard in this instance as just hard to get, whether it was hard to get because skill was needed, or if it was hard to get because luck was needed, or if it was hard to get because it took a large amount of time (but no skill or luck), or if it was hard to get because some outside factor (like game lag), or if the quest was hard to get due to some combination of these factors.

I'm getting that you are defining hard to mean a quest that is difficult by skill and skill alone. (Which is a fine definition for hard as well). But to me, a quest that takes 20 hours of playtime to get, whether it's due to time needed practicing a skill or just waiting for a lucky, random in-game event to occur, I would consider hard because it's still hard to get, just in a different way. It's hard to get a degree in Engineering (for most people) and it's also hard to run an ultramarathon, they are both hard, but for different reasons.

But in the end, I get what you're saying. Some of the quests I listed may have only been hard for me. Or perhaps defining hard quests based solely on skill and not luck or outside factors may seem like a more true rating of the quests, thus negating some of the quests I listed. To me though, the quests I listed were difficult for me to obtain, some more difficult in one way or another.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

The Gold Queen Rank legacy quest is statistically the hardest. In order to achieve this shiny badge, you had to have at least 17,500 AP before 2013, and you had to be female. Even when it was available, I would say it was harder to achieve the Gold King/Queen rank than any game quest is now. Even for the chattiest and most active people, it took at least a few months to achieve. In the 5 years that the AP system existed, only 2 users registered as female reached the 17,500 mark (we're not counting guys who changed their genders once or twice).

But I gather that this thread is not counting legacy quests, nor are any of you interested in hearing about them, so in that case, carry on with your games and whatnot.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

One hundred freaking Million - Epic Combo Redux

I don't find this one to be hard, nor time consuming. When you first start up you may have to play for about 20 or so minutes in order to get enough saws and junk to get more points. Then after that just leave your computer idle with it open and you'll get the quest in no time. (well actually quite a bit of time but you know )
Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

I think when talking about 'hard' achievements, they should be separated into 3 categories of 'hard':

Actually Hard - Requires a high level of skill with the game.

Gimmick/Luck Based - RNG quests or quests that are difficult to get due to gimmicks/bugs rather than skill requirements.

Time Consuming - Requires an excessive time investment, regardless of skill

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

Let's try these nominees:
- Treadmillsaurus Rex: 50K calories: both substantial skill and rnd required
- Give up: ultimate skill required for one of the levels
- Shellshock Live 2: a bloody mmo why have quests?
- This is the only lvl 4: Optimization: both high skill, and a LOT of learning required
- Ragdoll Achievement 2: the game is DULL, and any of the quests require a substantial amount of time
- Road of the Dead 2: maybe just I do something wrong, but around 50% of the campaign-mode there are heluva lot of traps for what I can't keep up speed, while the same time there are heluva lot of zombies, for what I can't slow down.
----------
Aside these there are like a dozen (exactly 12) games I did not developed yet (mostly tower defense stuff like GemCraft), and a handful which I can not run (they either don't load in, or a key part does not fit in the window).

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

@Reton8 for Road of the Dead 2 lag, this method gives me ~45 km of relatively low lag.

I actually managed to get this game working fairly well.

First off, don't use chrome, in my experience it uses up more memory and causes more lag. Instead, I use firefox and games don't lag.

Secondly, if you can get no laggy gameplay when you first get on, and it gets laggy later, what you can do is play for a while, and when the lag gets back reload the game and the lag will go away (I don't know why, but this instantly brings it from running slow to running so fast I have trouble in Rescue Op)

- Road of the Dead 2: maybe just I do something wrong, but around 50% of the campaign-mode there are heluva lot of traps for what I can't keep up speed, while the same time there are heluva lot of zombies, for what I can't slow down.

Shoot traps to blow them up, swerve between the cars, and don't worry about zombies, only two can cling at a time and when one is clinging that half of the car will kill ANY zombie it hits (except mutants).

You need to swerve A LOT, dodge airstrikes by getting on the side of the road, repair while parked off the road (airstrikes only hit the road, not behind buildings), and if you want really indepth guide, look no further

Covers pretty much everything as well as some suggestions for lag.

~~~Darth Caedus
twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

@Jacen96

I DONT CARE for tips. I LITERALLY THROW UP when playing the game, THUS I DONT CARE PLAYING IT.

But to CORRECT YOU I tell
- you can have FOUR zombies on your car (2 on roof, 2 choking).
- you can't shoot mines when 20 zombies is on screen, faster respawning than you can shoot them
- at times for 3 conctitutive areas I got nothing but ammo points...

ButI repeat I DONT CARE PLAYING THE GAME AS IT MAKES YOU LITERLALLY THROW UP.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Just because you don't want tips doesn't mean others don't.

The chances of having 2 zombies + 2 mutants side grapples is lower than the chances of sc2 crashing on an 8 year old computer.

You can dodge red mines by inches and not have them blow up, green mines can be blown up by stopping close to them.

For dealing with mutants, stop if driver is grabbed, and don't bother grinding on wall to deal with gunner, shooting the driver grapple is an easy kill as well.

I DONT CARE for tips. I LITERALLY THROW UP when playing the game, THUS I DONT CARE PLAYING IT.
Then you probably shouldn't be playing computer games.

~~~Darth Caedus
twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

Just because you don't want tips doesn't mean others don't.

No, they don't want it HERE. You're in WRONG TOPIC.

Then you probably shouldn't be playing computer games.

Would you mind telling me why?
The effect - AS I TOLD - relates ONLY TO the named game.

Piss off, cheater. From now on I'm ignoring u.
Showing 16-30 of 31