Forums

ForumsFlash Games

CTC2PP: Custom Castle Contest

Posted Apr 1, '14 at 11:36pm

Arm_Candy

Arm_Candy

535 posts

Xiaolin Master Temple

I would like to point out that the foundation blocks used are purely for decoration. The temple itself rests on flat ground.

Posted Apr 2, '14 at 11:07pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,670 posts

Knight

6 entries? I need to choose easier themes. My ratings are locked in.

Posted Apr 4, '14 at 3:50pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,670 posts

Knight

I was a bit disappointed that we only ended up with 6 entries this round, but how close the round was made up for that. Maybe this coming round will bring some of the missing builders back, or even attract a few new ones.

3rd place, with an average rating of 5.9/10, goes to Great Wall Construction, submitted by @gh0sts.

2nd place, with an average rating of 6.3/10, goes to Xiaolin Master Temple, submitted by @Arm_Candy.

1st place, and the grand merit prize winner of Round 9, with an average rating of 6.33/10, goes to Forbidden Temple, submitted by @DrElmer. Congratulations! Go collect your prize!

ROUND 10
Theme: Winter
Deadline: Tuesday, April 8, 11:59 pm AG time.
Judges: @CourtJester, @FishPreferred, @Ernie15
Description: Use ice and "frozen" beams to make your castle look like it has been through a harsh winter.

Get hyped, get frozen, and get building!

Posted Apr 4, '14 at 5:29pm

CourtJester

CourtJester

5,970 posts

Knight

Just to make them easier to find, please don't spam this thread, only entries please!

Clarification please Sire @Ernie15 - Can the Castle use other components besides ice? The castle effect for a harsh winter condition should not preclude the use of other materials.

Recommendations for builders.
1. Settle them for at least one minute to see what happens. Castles that are horizontally layered tend to shift. You don't have to save it after it settles, just look at it - to study the effect, hit play, scroll back, watch for a bit then, hit reset. If it shifts, something is misaligned.
2. Sometimes, the more times you settle a castle, the more misaligned it gets and could introduce lag. The editor moves everything 5 pixels at a time, that can be your best judge.
3. Layering of irregular sized components done properly, can leave a pattern. If you spot the pattern, try to maintain it and not just cut and paste. These types of patterns can even make a 3-D effect similar to DrElmer's entry.
4. The name of the game is "Crush the Castle", make it shot specific. If it cannot possibly be destroyed by a log or a chicken, leave that out. However, some weapons can be used a ruses to trick the player.

Good luck - I have enjoyed many of the creations for this competition. They may not make the "Like" list too high but it is because sometimes the "minions" do not appreciate talent!

Posted Apr 5, '14 at 1:21am

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,670 posts

Knight

@DrElmer and his castle have been inducted into the CTC2PP Hall of Fame.

Can the Castle use other components besides ice? The castle effect for a harsh winter condition should not preclude the use of other materials.

Yes, other materials should be utilized (unless you want to build something entirely out of ice, but it's more difficult to not make that look monotonous). Frozen wood, icy stone, and frozen steel are recommended for at least the outside of the castle.

Posted Apr 5, '14 at 5:22am

CherryCoke360

CherryCoke360

415 posts

What the hell? someone besides Arm_candy and Theoprastus won the contest??

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/48157250.jpg

Posted Apr 5, '14 at 5:59am

CherryCoke360

CherryCoke360

415 posts

This is one of my better ones. last round was not.. xp

Siberian Spies

Posted Apr 5, '14 at 6:38am

randytheviking2

randytheviking2

647 posts

The North Pole

my Winter contest entree

Posted Apr 5, '14 at 8:42pm

Islandempire89

Islandempire89

65 posts

The king was tired of his old castle being so cold, so he carved a new one out of a cave using stone and ice. Unfortunately, the cave he chose was cold year-round, and it was especially nippy and snowy in wintertime!

Ice King of Norway

@CherryCoke360 That's hilarious! The contest's first original meme too! Keep it up!

Posted Apr 6, '14 at 6:24am

DrElmer

DrElmer

551 posts

Huh. I did not expect Forbidden Temple to win. Looked more like a 3rd place design to me, but I won't complain.
Hotel Greenland

Reply to CTC2PP: Custom Castle Contest

You must be logged in to post a reply!