Kargothrax

Kargothrax

206 posts

Posted Apr 7, '14 at 6:46pm

gh0sts

gh0sts

888 posts

Achilles Hail

This castle completely hail-proof. Well, except for one spot, where if hail lands there, the entire master bedroom falls into the auditorium, but the odds of icy hail landing there is pretty unlikely. That's what the architect said anyway to the king who stole his wife.

Posted Apr 8, '14 at 11:50pm

Arm_Candy

Arm_Candy

422 posts

Posted Apr 9, '14 at 9:27pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,534 posts

Knight

My ratings have been locked in, and I have a feeling this thread will be pushed to the bottom of the page once again before Round 11 begins.

Posted Apr 11, '14 at 6:32pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,534 posts

Knight

Not only was the thread pushed to the bottom of the page, but it was almost halfway down the second page before I recovered it just now. Something must be done about this infestation of Gemcraft CS threads.

3rd place, with an average rating of 6.17/10, goes to both Hotel Greenland, submitted by @DrElmer, and Achilles Hail, submitted by @gh0sts.

2nd place, with an average rating of 6.3/10, goes to Ice King of Norway, submitted by @Islandempire89.

1st place, and the grand merit prize of Round 10, with an average rating of 6.57/10, goes to Arctic Gas and Electric, submitted by @Arm_Candy. Congratulations!

ROUND 11
Theme: Barrels
Deadline: Tuesday, April 15, 11:59 pm, AG time.
Judges: @CourtJester, @FishPreferred, @Ernie15
Description: The brown barrel prop must play a key role in your castle's architecture. There are no limits to how many barrels you use, except you must use at least one and preferably more.

Get hyped and get in a barrel.

Posted Apr 11, '14 at 6:40pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,534 posts

Knight

@Arm_Candy and his castle have been inducted into the CTC2PP Hall of Fame.

Posted Apr 11, '14 at 6:42pm

Ferret

Ferret

8,782 posts

Administrator

I've closed a few of the repeating ones.

Posted Apr 11, '14 at 6:52pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,534 posts

Knight

Perfect, thank you. Hopefully that will keep this contest on the first page for the next few rounds.

Posted Apr 11, '14 at 8:51pm

randytheviking2

randytheviking2

647 posts

2nd place, with an average rating of 6.3/10, goes to Ice King of Norway, submitted by @Islandempire89.

I was under the impression that we could not use foundation blocks to hold a castle together (maybe I am wrong), this 2nd place winner has 3 sides of his castle supported with foundation blocks... (75 of them from my counting)

I scanned the original rules on page 1 of this thread and I don't see a rule on it, so maybe that's where I went awry with my buildings, should have used supporting blocks...

Please keep in mind, I am mot disputing your judgement and I am glad for Islandempire89's victory, but if the extensive use of foundation blocks are allowed, surely the rest of us builders can benefit from them too...

Posted Apr 11, '14 at 9:10pm

FishPreferred

FishPreferred

2,045 posts

I was under the impression that we could not use foundation blocks to hold a castle together [...]

I'm confused. Where do all of these extra rules keep coming from? You probably would have done poorly in the balance round if you used a bunch of foundation blocks, but that's it.

Reply to CTC2PP: Custom Castle Contest

You must be logged in to post a reply!