ForumsGamesCTC2PP: Custom Castle Contest

1474 255807
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

This is the official Crush the Castle 2 Players Pack contest. You've come to the right place.

You're probably wondering how this contest works. Basically, we (the three judges) give you a theme at the beginning of each round, and you, the contestant, build a castle that follows the theme in some way. Then, so we can count your castle as an entry, take the link to that castle and post it in this thread. If it isn't posted in this thread by the deadline (and the deadline will always be a specific date and time), we will not be able to count it as an entry for that round.

If you've never built a castle before, or you want to brush up on your building skills, check out this guide made by @Arm_Candy.

This is a weekly contest, so each round will last 5 days, with 2 days being designated for judging. Every week, the theme will change and a new round will begin. Pretty easy to grasp.

Oh, and the winner of each round receives a merit, a spot in the CTC2PP Hall of Fame, and a rare quest that can only be earned through winning (or judging) a level building contest:

http://quests.armorgames.com/website/5/media/icon/d06fa73d7b7eaa626941288fc59ce86a.png?v=1398292205
-------------------------------------------------------------
RULES
Yes, there are rules. What did you expect?

Basic rules for this contest, written originally by @PrivatePapi for his old CTC contest:
1. Do not spam under any circumstance.
2. Only enter 1 castle for each category.
3. Do not ask either of us which category will be next.
4. Do not copy somebody else's castle if you do not have permission from him/her.
5. When entering for the contest, always submit your castle according to the current category.
6. Have fun!

And this section, written by @FishPreferred:
a) All entries must be playable and have at least 1 person in them. It seems obvious, but who knows?
b) Entries that are so overladen with stuff that they cause considerable lag will not be eligible. Considerable lag is herein defined as "a big freakin' pile of lag that renders an entry virtually unplayable without severely overheating my 3 year old computer".
c) Entries should be stable enough to last a full minute without collapsing, and should require at least one shot in order to be won. This applies to every part of the contest that doesn't explicitly state otherwise in its instructions.
d) Any entry which the judges deem to be inappropriate (in a lewd, indecent, or libellious sense) will be disqualified, and most likely deleted by the admin.

And lastly, a few additional notes added by yours truly:
- The only castles you are allowed to post in this thread are contest entries. If you link to more than one castle, only the most recent one will be treated as an official entry, unless otherwise specified.
- All entries must be built specifically for the contest and for the current theme. You can't submit castles that you entered in previous rounds, or anything that was built before the beginning of the current round.

Looks like a lot of rules, but it's all intuitive. You'll have no trouble following these guidelines.
Optional: CODE
Some architects like to take things a step further and modify castle codes to do things that otherwise wouldn't be possible in the regular editor mode. This method will not give you a significant advantage over other contestants, but it may be of interest if you want to play around with the editor a bit. Code modification is not a requirement for this competition.

How to modify castle codes by @SSTG.

If you don't modify castle codes or have any plans to in the future, you can skip over this next part.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR CODERS: If you decide to use code-modified elements in an entry, take caution, for, although code-editing can be useful for certain details, excessive use of code-modified elements in an entry could lead to a deduction of points from the entry.
That's the contest in a nutshell. Just remember to check back every week for the results of each round, as well as the theme for the next round. I will post the theme for the first round after this post ends, so as not to confuse first-time submitters in the future.

And if you have any ideas for future themes, contact @CourtJester or myself or post your theme idea in the thread.

That certainly was a lot of words. Over 700 of them. It may seem like a lot to take in, but this contest is all about having fun, despite all these large blocks of text.

So get hyped, get building, and have fun with it!

Did I mention there's a merit prize to the winner of each round?

• 1,474 Replies
CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

@DracoMaleficus - do you have the latest Flash? As I looked at some of your comments about levels that failed, it didn't happen on my computers at all!!!? And, are you using Firefox? IE really screws up for me in this game. I will give it a try later.

CicadaChess
CicadaChess
85 posts
Shepherd

Draco I have to sleep, dude. I work nights so my hours are different than yours. Anyways I appreciate being a part of this contest and I;m glad my castle level was the winner. So, here is my idea for the next theme:

#1) ****** Igloos

CicadaChess
CicadaChess
85 posts
Shepherd

That's Bad@$$ Igloos...

If that's not good enough I decided that 'Ancient Wonders' could be a nice theme.

CicadaChess
CicadaChess
85 posts
Shepherd

CicadaChess Wins Contest --- there's so much death in this! It was fun and Im glad I entered. What do you think of the new theme?

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@CicadaChess Congratulations on winning the contest!

CicadaChess
CicadaChess
85 posts
Shepherd

RULES FOR ROUND 28 - MAMMOTH IGLOOS

1) There must be one mammoth igloo on the map, made up of ice and wood. Thus use minimal wood on these things.
1a) All other buildings on the map can be constructed with any material.
1b) Use of protective walls and other defensive structures is permissible, but they must be constructed by the player; you cannot use foundation blocks or terrain as a barrier. They must not touch the igloos, either.

2) No acid, fire bombs, or BFRs on this map. I think that will make it more challenging.
2a) Any TNT used in the map must be exploded via trebuchet, i.e not by things burning or whatever.

3) Since we are dealing with igloos please do not locate your igloo in a desert, tropical or any other warm clime. We are talking cold, baby.

4) There are no minimum or maximum amounts of throws per map.

5) This is to be populated by only peasants and one royal of your choosing. One royal only!
5a) There must be a minimum of nine (9) peasants placed inside the igloo.
5b) Your royal must be cordoned off from the rest of the peasants, so barricaded within the igloo either by ice or wood.
5c) The total number of people should equal 10 at the very least.

6) These are mammoth igloos. A simple three ice-block igloo will not suffice. This is why I require 10 people at minimum, so the igloos can be large.

7) We will strike at nighttime only.

I hope these rules aren't too exhausting.

CicadaChess
CicadaChess
85 posts
Shepherd

These are igloos... i don't think its a royal place, plus this game needs an update on characters, all royals and only one peasant character.

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

Sounds good @CicadaChess - you make the rules and the theme. I like it!

CicadaChess
CicadaChess
85 posts
Shepherd

I like the people just the way it is.

CicadaChess
CicadaChess
85 posts
Shepherd

@DracoMaleficus, I did what you guys told me to. If you don't like it then don't pester me about hurrying to get this finished. I work every day of the week and I don't have a lot of time to do this. I thought I'd make something fun for everyone and challenging. I read through the previous rounds and I have to say this isn't complex at all. Each round had its own theme and I'd like this one to be unique. As far as I am concerned the rounds should be fairly difficult since this is a contest. I didn't expect for my castle to win the last one, but I tried very hard to make it good. So the rules stand as they were on the previous page.

CicadaChess
CicadaChess
85 posts
Shepherd

I believe it's been settled.

CicadaChess
CicadaChess
85 posts
Shepherd

I think this is the best game online as far as forums and sharability go.

I think I could invest in future versions' I'd donate to Joey Betz or whoever it is. I think it is perfect at the 2D level and not much more needs to be added except a few more materials and different characters. Also, on other castle games they have pins and wheels, I think those are very excellent tools. What say you?

Anyway, when is the deadline?

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I think I could invest in future versions' I'd donate to Joey Betz or whoever it is. I think it is perfect at the 2D level and not much more needs to be added except a few more materials and different characters. Also, on other castle games they have pins and wheels, I think those are very excellent tools. What say you?

Crush the Castle Adventure had a builder but it was never released.
It had all those cool features like ropes, wheels, electric and fire barrels, animals and a larger building space.

That's mainly the reason why I don't build anymore, i NEED new material and I pretty much built everything I wanted to build. I was repeating myself in the end so I quit.
CicadaChess
CicadaChess
85 posts
Shepherd

@SSTG I used to see your stuff all the time and I miss it. I'd say your building designs inspired me more than anyone. I too have a difficult time making up new ideas here, especially now that I forgot how to modify the codes. but, I've been looking at Draco's, Jester's, and others' maps and I try to incorporate their ideas into my own. It's still a fun game, though and I always play when I can.

randytheviking4
randytheviking4
24 posts
Nomad

we need more IG-GLUE

its coming apart, quick, grab the IG-GLUE

Showing 466-480 of 1474