Forums

ForumsFlash Games

CTC2PP: Custom Castle Contest

Posted Jun 2, '14 at 3:23am

Arm_Candy

Arm_Candy

425 posts

Rocky Mountain Roof

Some places on the roof are deadly to both guards, while others aren't. The design doesn't fail unless you hit the wrong part of the roof.

Posted Jun 2, '14 at 4:15am

jeff2241

jeff2241

121 posts

Posted Jun 3, '14 at 11:53pm

SirSlayalot

SirSlayalot

55 posts

Tri-level Fortress is out - this is in - Barbican, Bridge & Bastion

Posted Jun 4, '14 at 2:19am

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,541 posts

Knight

Now that's what I call cutting it close to the deadline.

OP edited to include hall of fame and Builder 2014 quest.

Posted Jun 5, '14 at 7:26pm

CourtJester

CourtJester

5,937 posts

Knight

My vote is locked and submitted but would just like to mention that there were some interesting designs in this competition and some cool chain reactions! Ha ha, only one contestant was brave enough to go without TNT! And, @islandempire89, the correct level was judged (not the one that didn't work!). As well @SirSlayalot, Tri-level Fortress was not considered.

Just a note though, (as per islandempire89's comment about the level not working when it was submitted), I find that if you have it finished, save it and go back into the PE, play a level then go back to the editor, re-load your level and test it again. The problem seems to be in the cache if you have been working on it for a while.... Just sayin'

Posted Jun 6, '14 at 7:06pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,541 posts

Knight

First off, I would like to welcome @jeff2241 to the competition.

I'll often introduce the ratings by stating how close a round was, and some rounds are closer than others. This would be one of those rounds. Four entries all within a 0.2 point range. This was certainly a photo finish.

3rd place, with an average rating of 6.4/10, goes to Barbican, Bridge & Bastion, submitted by @SirSlayalot.

2nd place, with an average rating of 6.5/10, goes to Gunpowder City, submitted by @Islandempire89, and to Rocky Mountain Roof, submitted by @Arm_Candy.

1st place, and the grand merit prize winner of Round 18, with an average rating of 6.6/10, goes to Queen's Maritime Outpost, submitted by @DrElmer. Congratulations!

ROUND 19
Theme: Stone Fortress
Deadline: Tuesday, June 10, 11:59 pm AG time.
Judges: @CourtJester, @FishPreferred, @Ernie15
Description: This castle must contain only elements made of stone in its architecture. This includes and is limited to: stone walls and floors, doors, arches, ramparts, pillars, and gargoyles. All eight types of stone are allowed, but absolutely nothing that burns or conducts electricity can be used. No stained glass windows either. There is no shot or projectile limit this round.

Get hyped, get building, and I won't advise you to get stoned.

@DrElmer and his castle have been inducted into the CTC2PP Hall of Fame.

last edited Jun 06 2014 07:11 pm by Ernie15

Posted Jun 6, '14 at 8:20pm

SirSlayalot

SirSlayalot

55 posts

stone fortress huh? this is gonna be easy - this happens to be my forte XD (pun intended)

Posted Jun 6, '14 at 8:31pm

SirSlayalot

SirSlayalot

55 posts

@ Ernie - can stone foundation blocks be used, and if so, is it permissible to use 'loose' or 'altered angle' blocks in the construction without possible point penalization as long as it doesnt interfere with the destruction?

Posted Jun 7, '14 at 8:39pm

Islandempire89

Islandempire89

65 posts

Since foundation blocks do not burn or generate electricity, they should be allowed!

Neptune's Ocean Palace

Otherwise Neptune is going to have to build a new palace in the middle of the ocean.

Posted Jun 8, '14 at 12:28am

CourtJester

CourtJester

5,937 posts

Knight

Since foundation blocks do not burn or generate electricity, they should be allowed!
@Ernie15 didn't stop foundation blocks. And, they did not detract from the final outcome. Nice detailing on the bottom!

Reply to CTC2PP: Custom Castle Contest

You must be logged in to post a reply!