ForumsThe TavernSuper Bowl XLVIII

38 9380
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I'm surprised no one has made a thread about this yet.

Anyway the Super Bowl is tomorrow and you know what that means; football, cheerleaders, food, halftime, and most importantly the commercials. Who are you rooting for? Denver Broncos or Seattle Seahawks.

Personally I think Broncos are going to win. I mostly think this because Peyton Manning is a cool guy and nobody can touch him. Nobody.

• 38 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I jumped on the Seahawks bandwagon as soon as Da Burrs were out. Broncos have been rather inconsistent.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I'm surprised no one has made a thread about this yet.

Well I do believe most people on this site don't care about the Super Bowl because they either don't live in the US or just don't care for the sport.
most importantly the commercials

They post lots of the commercials online before the game. They aren't as big of a deal now as they used to be.
Who are you rooting for?

I am cheering for the Seahawks. Ever since I was little I have been a Seahawks fan and have been with them cheering them on even when their season was horrible.
Broncos have been rather inconsistent.

Not really. Manning puts up big numbers every game and I believe in the past few weeks they have gotten the ground game going a bit more. They are playing great.

Dalek's Keys for the Game:

Most of the talk has been about Manning against the Seattle secondary. While this is an interesting matchup, I don't believe it is the deciding factor. I am looking forward to the Seattle defensive line against the Broncos offensive line. If Seattle can get some pressure on Manning then the Broncos offense will slow done. If not then I think Manning will pick the secondary apart.

As for Seattle's offense and the Broncos defense, well, Seattle just has to pick it up on offense. They have to have nice long drives and not do 3 and outs and give Manning a bunch of chances to score. The Broncos don't have an amazing defense so hopefully Seattle can score a bunch of points.

Overall though, I hope it is a close game. Predicted this matchup before the season started and am really happy to see my Seahawks in it. At the end of the day though I think that the Broncos are going to score too much for Seattle. I am putting the game at 28-24 Broncos.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

and most importantly the commercials

After the last couple of years, I'm not excited for them

1) I hope Simpson's prediction comes true. Would love to see "ILLUMINATI" freak outs

2) I have to work during it. yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

and most importantly the commercials

I wanna see what happens to yellow

Seahawks better win though. It's bad enough the 49ers lost but since they did they better have lost to the best team. Other than that I don't give a crap.
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Go Seahawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think Marshawn Lynch is amazing as far as football players go. I once saw him break 9, that's right, 9 tackles in one play! I think that was back in 2011.
I'll be unhappy if I have to see Peyton Manning steal the show and, win? Yuck.
I want Seattle to win!

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

This Super Bowl doesn't matter that much to me even though we're the rivals of the Seahawks (49ers). It would be nice if the Broncos won but like it said I'm not going to stress over this game. Broncos defense has to step up like they did against the Patriots. Their defense has been rather inconsistent but sometimes steps up in the most opportune times. However Russell Wilson is a duel threat QB so I don't know how they will suit up for him. I think the game is in Peyton Manning's hands. If he does great the Broncos will win. If he chokes, it's over.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

I really don't care who wins this Superbowl. One team is from 800 miles away and the other is 1,200 miles away. And I'm still closer to both of them than half the country is.

I prefer to watch football in an unbiased manner, so every play is a positive and unpredictable experience, and I don't end up disappointed at the end no matter what. I'm not like this with other sports, just football. Who knows why. That's why I'm only a 9ers fan when they do well and the bandwagon permits it.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Ewwww, none. American football isn't usually my thing, I refer football or rugby, and I don't fancy both teams anyway.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Broncos. They're my third favorite football team, after The Bears, and Tampa. (In that order, of course.)

The Bucs are my 2nd favorite team. They haven't done well since they one the Super Bowl though...
Both are good... but i hope the Seahawks win.

Basically what I am like. Obviously I want the Seahawks too win but I don't hate the Broncos or anything. So if they win I will not be too upset.
Seahawks better win though. It's bad enough the 49ers lost but since they did they better have lost to the best team. Other than that I don't give a crap.

Someone is a little sore and cannot get over that their team lost.
I think the game is in Peyton Manning's hands. If he does great the Broncos will win. If he chokes, it's over.

Give Manning enough time in the pocket and he will do great. Comes down to the lines blocking and getting pressure.
I prefer to watch football in an unbiased manner

I don't get as upset as some people do. I get over the top sometimes during the game, but after I am calm. It is just a game after all.
I refer football or rugby

Prefer I assume?
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Someone is a little sore and cannot get over that their team lost.

...and you, Xeano, and rip only made me feel better

I refer football or rugby

I love soccer. However it is a little slow and boring for me to watch as the ball usually just travels up and down the field.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Football is boring to watch. Our version is much better.

GO SEAHAWKS.

~~~Darth Caedus

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

That early safety was hilarious.

wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

I think this game is as good as over, Seahawks have a pretty big lead and unless they pull a Chiefs and choke and lose the entire thing, then Broncos are not coming back.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Good, I'm glad my hopes are coming true! TOLD YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
I don't care about Peyton Manning.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Their lead got bigger.

Showing 1-15 of 38