ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] The whole website doesnt display right on chrome

14 15776
mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

Title says it all, the header up top went wibbly wobbly and certain things just aren't positioned right.

• 14 Replies
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Zoom is wrong maybe? I'm using Chrome and it's perfectly fine.

xberstarton
xberstarton
20 posts
Nomad

Screenshot please? Maybe I can help, but I don't clearly understand what you're saying.

minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

Maybe you should check the zoom like Dapro said

devansh_asthana
devansh_asthana
480 posts
Farmer

I think zoom is the issue.Adjust your zoom.If zoom is right then try on another browser.If,still not working,try to explain with a screenshot.
=)

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

The same thing is happening to me. All your text is shoved way to the right, and profile info extends off the screen. It's happened to me before, but I don't remember how I fixed it. I'm pretty sure it's not zoom.
Let me get screenshots. *hopes screenshots don't appear as huge*
My profile with text going into the part it's not supposed to go into:
http://s1304.photobucket.com/user/papermonkey124/media/3_zps99458e99.png.html?sort=3&o=0
Weird messenger: http://s1304.photobucket.com/user/papermonkey124/media/2_zpsc435fbf4.png.html?sort=3&o=1
Weird thread content thing:
http://s1304.photobucket.com/user/papermonkey124/media/8b3c4995-bd92-4983-81c7-a0888cf019fc_zps2610a2e6.png.html?sort=3&o=2
Weird thread selection:
http://s1304.photobucket.com/user/papermonkey124/media/4_zpsb67d0fb4.png.html?filters[user]=139166339&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0
You see? Everything isn't aligned on the right side.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Well, it doesn't look like posting those images worked. Here, just have the link. age=1"> LINK LINK CLICK THE LINK

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

My guess would be zoom as well.. since all our web developers use Chrome for our development

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Storm, Bob,

To adjust your zoom, go ctrl++/ctrl+-; to reset it, go ctrl+0.

The same setting should be in youir browser screen, under >View or similar.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Thank you for telling me that, but what exactly is supposed to happen? I've zoomed all the way out and all the way back in and reset the zoom, but it changes nothing. Or am I just doing something wrong?

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Or am I just doing something wrong?

Nope; you probably have ruled out that the zoom is at stake here

I can't think of what else it could be. Over to the others here. What screen are you on, are you on a PC? What resolution? Under Windows (or in XP at least), right-click your desktop screen, go >Properties then >Settings (or similar, mine isn't in English) to find this.

The answer probably won't help me, but it may help others help you
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I have a fairly old HP laptop. How old, I'm not sure, because I'm not good at the laptop-identification thing. It still has the gray bar at the bottom instead of the shiny blue one with a round start button. And the resolution is 1280 by 800.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Your posts confuse me a little. What exactly was I supposed to try?
The reason I downloaded adblock is because of some malicious software that kept spamming me with ads. Whenever I try to remove it, nothing happens and it's irritating me, but that's aside from the point.
When you talk about the frames, do you just mean the blue stripes? I have no empty frames. And the ads that pop up don't have a link to disable...

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

It seems that we both have the same problem, but for different reasons. Even disabling adblocker doesn't push the screen back to the correct shape.
Maybe It's just my computer...

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Ah, thanks. After uninstalling that, the screen went back to normal.
*hopes I didn't just jinx it*

Showing 1-14 of 14