ForumsForum GamesThe first Man in Rome (RPG, open world)

103 19979
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

(Just to amke it clear - the meaning of the title is "The citizen number 1 in Rome" in a matter of rank, not as the first one in the city ever).

You are a citizen of Rome. Year - 150 bc. Your goal - whatever you want. Aim for the stars.

A little background -

Rome. Rome control almost the entire Peninsula. To the north, the many gauls tribes. To the east, on Italy, Rome share the land with the samnites and the Marsic tribes, all client kingdomes of Rome. In the south there is the african province, the occupied state of Carthage.
To the west, almost the entire Iberian Peninsula is under Roma control.
Rome control greece as well, and the entire western Coastline, all up to Venice.
Rome also control Asia - or as we call it today, the western coast of Turkey.
And for last, the islands of Corsica and Sardinia, which are under control as well.

Rome the city -
Rome is built like some kind of a circle.
In the center lay the Forum. This is the center if the city. To its west lay the "uoper" markets, like book shops and so. To the south lay the "medium" markets, like the leather market and the fish market. To the east there is the suburba - the poor district of the city. Some decent peoples live there, eveb from the higher classes, but the atmosphear is rough and gangs rule som eparts of it. Its not advised to travel there by night. To the far west lay the port, on both sides of the Tiber. Between the port and the market the jewish and syrian district stand. To the north stand the Capitol - wher the rich live. The most expensive part.

Rome is a republic. All (wealthy male who have a citizenship of the city) can nominate themselves to become a senator. There you can get many jobs, from being the one who take care of the city treasurey or the one who handle the sewers, uo to become the city Consul (one of two, as there are 2 consul at any time).
You have to possed 5000 dinariis, half in assests, to get to the rank of being able to nominate yourself.. Guaranties by others can be count as well.
Oh, and bribes are totaly legit.

There is also the class of the "Legaties" - a man owning a public horse. Something like a knight, but belong to the City and do mostly clerc jobs, but can be promoted.

And af cours, the army. You have to get your own equipment, and off you go to capua wher you can train and becone a legioneer.

There are many other things you can become. From an assassin, to a runner of a street gang, to a merchant, and maybe even travel aboard.

Name - (If you dont have a 'real' roman name you want to use, add "ilius" or "mos" to your name. Example - "Barackimos obamilius&quot
Bio - are you a Latin? Or an Italian? Maybe even jewish, a ex-slave from almost anywher or a travler. Feel free.
Abilities - (choose 3 things you are good at, subjects you studied or traits. Examples - 'surgeon', 'cook', 'lawyer', 'strong', 'healthy' and so on).
Social class - (plebh/Patriach [patriach - The former royalty, the original citizens of Rome, Plebhs - well, the rest)
Social rank - (choose from the following - 5, 4, or 3.)
[5 - "commoners" - the lowest of lowest of society, ex-slaves, refugies and non-citizens. Work on random jobs and more or less live on the free bread the city provide. Live on the poor areas of rome.
4 - owner of some properties, like a workshop or a small shop. Can also be from the low clercs, or small priests.
3 - from the less wealty "royalty", or a son of a merchant. You do have education and maybe even some financial help, but not much. You can vote and nominate yourself to the Senate].
Items - Dagger, An apple, plain white toga, Writing feather and sone papers. [i](Your speical items belonged to you. Things you carry.)

Assest - small appartment in the suburba (4th floor, heat, no running water) (The more massive things you own. A boat, for example)
Money - 1500 / (social rank) Denarii.

Feeo free to PM me any question you have!

• 103 Replies
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

The legati stab the prisoner ith his sword and kill him in one hit. He take his purse and tell you "we will give you 2 minutes head start. Go".

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name - Magnus Rufus
Bio -.Born into a large family that has lived in Rome for many generations. The family name is well known in the docks for getting just what you're looking for. Most family members work in the ''family business'', while others are guards working on the docks. Some areas of the wharf are considered under our 'rotection', we mind our own, and others know not to come looking for trouble. Magnus found a liking to dagger work and soon became an assassin for the family.
Abilities - Stealth, Thief, Bladework (fighting with a blade)
Social class - Pleb
Social rank - 4
Items - .Daggers, spatha, leather cloak, an apple, plain white toga, writing feather and some papers.
Assest - small apartment in the harbor (5th floor, heat, no running water)
Money - 374 Denarii

'Poseidon's beard!' I run back the I came, glancing around for the woman I made the deal with.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

You see the women in the market with a young and handsome greek slave. They way they talk dosent give any room for other options.

"Oh.. hello! That was quick. I am.. errr.... dont have the mobey nor the fish yet. Ill give you them as soon as i get them. I promiss! I know your uncle sister in law!" She say with a bit of fear in her eyes.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name - Magnus Rufus
Bio -.Born into a large family that has lived in Rome for many generations. The family name is well known in the docks for getting just what you're looking for. Most family members work in the ''family business'', while others are guards working on the docks. Some areas of the wharf are considered under our 'rotection', we mind our own, and others know not to come looking for trouble. Magnus found a liking to dagger work and soon became an assassin for the family.
Social class - Pleb
Social rank - 4
Items - .Daggers, spatha, leather cloak, an apple, plain white toga, writing feather and some papers.
Assest - small apartment in the harbor (5th floor, heat, no running water)
Money - 374 Denarii

'Good.' I continue to run toward the harbor area.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

You get home. Pitus run to you. "Wher were you going?" He ask.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name - Magnus Rufus
Social class - Pleb
Social rank - 4
Assets - small apartment in the harbor (5th floor, heat, no running water)
Money - 374 Denarii

I stop and turn to him 'I took on a job, went to do it, ran into some legati who finished the job for me and are now chasing me. I don't know why there chasing me but at least they gave me a few minuets head start'

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Pitus look confused.

You see that there is no signs for persute. The legatis just messed with you.

Your belly start to grumble.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name - Magnus Rufus
Social class - Pleb
Social rank - 4
Money - 374 Denarii

'Bah ****. I should have stabbed them there and then.' I mumble to myself. 'Tell me Pitus, any more information on that delivery? Walk and talk I have more business in town.' I pull out my apple and eat it while I walk toward the square area again.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Pitus look exited about being so importent. "Its a big shipment of snails from the war in africa. Some solider found them and got rich. He also found a secret passage to a citadel, so he got a silver olive branch crown as well. There will be 6 mans on it. Its just one of the first simples, befor they start import them in masses. Thats everything i know" he say.

The sun start to get low on the sky.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name - Magnus Rufus
Social class - Pleb
Social rank - 4
Money - 374 Denarii

'Your a big help Pitus, you get information when I need it, I might put in a good word with the family for you.' (The family will probably ignore my request but I want to make the kid feel important and stuff) I continue to the square to see if I can find anybody who knows the woman I dealt with earlier.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

The place start to get empty. Some of tour friends are sleeping on the bench and rhe floor. Another one, drunk as a god, is still awake. He tell you that this lady was known for being unfaithfull to her drunk husband, which she was forced to marry when she was young. The greek slave is a known doctor on the harbour area. Said he learnd in Athene.

Three legaties enter into the square club. Two of them look familiar.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name - Magnus Rufus
Social class - Pleb
Social rank - 4
Money - 374 Denarii

'Welcome to the square club. Can I get you anything from the bar?'

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Two cups of wine and three of the best dishs you have to offer.

they put a poster on the wall. its tell about a a parade which suppose to take part on the road from the harbour to the Forum. a prince from africa its said.

after they leave {they tip you 5 denariis}, a shady man with a cloack enter to the inn. you notice he have many rings on his tan hand. his skin color tell you he is not local. he **** on the far end.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

i meant sit....

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name - Magnus Rufus
Social class - Pleb
Social rank - 4
Money - 379 Denarii

I walk over to the man. 'Hello, what can I get you?'

Showing 31-45 of 103