ForumsForum GamesThe first Man in Rome (RPG, open world)

103 19978
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

(Just to amke it clear - the meaning of the title is "The citizen number 1 in Rome" in a matter of rank, not as the first one in the city ever).

You are a citizen of Rome. Year - 150 bc. Your goal - whatever you want. Aim for the stars.

A little background -

Rome. Rome control almost the entire Peninsula. To the north, the many gauls tribes. To the east, on Italy, Rome share the land with the samnites and the Marsic tribes, all client kingdomes of Rome. In the south there is the african province, the occupied state of Carthage.
To the west, almost the entire Iberian Peninsula is under Roma control.
Rome control greece as well, and the entire western Coastline, all up to Venice.
Rome also control Asia - or as we call it today, the western coast of Turkey.
And for last, the islands of Corsica and Sardinia, which are under control as well.

Rome the city -
Rome is built like some kind of a circle.
In the center lay the Forum. This is the center if the city. To its west lay the "uoper" markets, like book shops and so. To the south lay the "medium" markets, like the leather market and the fish market. To the east there is the suburba - the poor district of the city. Some decent peoples live there, eveb from the higher classes, but the atmosphear is rough and gangs rule som eparts of it. Its not advised to travel there by night. To the far west lay the port, on both sides of the Tiber. Between the port and the market the jewish and syrian district stand. To the north stand the Capitol - wher the rich live. The most expensive part.

Rome is a republic. All (wealthy male who have a citizenship of the city) can nominate themselves to become a senator. There you can get many jobs, from being the one who take care of the city treasurey or the one who handle the sewers, uo to become the city Consul (one of two, as there are 2 consul at any time).
You have to possed 5000 dinariis, half in assests, to get to the rank of being able to nominate yourself.. Guaranties by others can be count as well.
Oh, and bribes are totaly legit.

There is also the class of the "Legaties" - a man owning a public horse. Something like a knight, but belong to the City and do mostly clerc jobs, but can be promoted.

And af cours, the army. You have to get your own equipment, and off you go to capua wher you can train and becone a legioneer.

There are many other things you can become. From an assassin, to a runner of a street gang, to a merchant, and maybe even travel aboard.

Name - (If you dont have a 'real' roman name you want to use, add "ilius" or "mos" to your name. Example - "Barackimos obamilius&quot
Bio - are you a Latin? Or an Italian? Maybe even jewish, a ex-slave from almost anywher or a travler. Feel free.
Abilities - (choose 3 things you are good at, subjects you studied or traits. Examples - 'surgeon', 'cook', 'lawyer', 'strong', 'healthy' and so on).
Social class - (plebh/Patriach [patriach - The former royalty, the original citizens of Rome, Plebhs - well, the rest)
Social rank - (choose from the following - 5, 4, or 3.)
[5 - "commoners" - the lowest of lowest of society, ex-slaves, refugies and non-citizens. Work on random jobs and more or less live on the free bread the city provide. Live on the poor areas of rome.
4 - owner of some properties, like a workshop or a small shop. Can also be from the low clercs, or small priests.
3 - from the less wealty "royalty", or a son of a merchant. You do have education and maybe even some financial help, but not much. You can vote and nominate yourself to the Senate].
Items - Dagger, An apple, plain white toga, Writing feather and sone papers. [i](Your speical items belonged to you. Things you carry.)

Assest - small appartment in the suburba (4th floor, heat, no running water) (The more massive things you own. A boat, for example)
Money - 1500 / (social rank) Denarii.

Feeo free to PM me any question you have!

• 103 Replies
Voyage2
Voyage2
650 posts
Nomad

Name - Brhundleimos Capioilius
Bio - Brhundleimos is the only boy in Capioilius family. Their family are poor and cannot afford Brhundleimos to go schooling. It means that he didn't able to finish schooling. His father was a merchant. When he grow up he wanted also to become a merchant. So it start. He grow up and became a merchant.
Abilities -
Vending - Sells item.
Hammer Mastery - If he have an Hammer Type weapon it increases damage.
Social class - Plebh
Social rank - 3
Items - Dagger, An apple, plain white toga, Writing feather and some papers.
Assest - small appartment in the suburba (4th floor, heat, no running water)
Money - 350 Denarii.

I walk close to the merchant and ask him. "How does this Generator works ?"

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

I dont understand your question. What generator?

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name - Magnus Rufus
Bio -.Born into a large family that has lived in Rome for many generations. The family name is well known in the docks for getting just what you're looking for. Most family members work in the ''family business'', while others are guards working on the docks. Some areas of the wharf are considered under our 'rotection', we mind our own, and others know not to come looking for trouble. Magnus found a liking to dagger work and soon became an assassin for the family.
Abilities - Stealth, Thief, Bladework (fighting with a blade)
Social class - Pleb
Social rank - 4
Items - .Daggers, spatha, leather cloak, buckets of fish x4, mysterious ring, plain white toga, legionnaire boots, scale armor, writing feather and some papers.
Assets - small apartment in the harbor (5th floor, heat, no running water)
Money - 479 Denarii

'Pitus, run back to the square club, the owner owes me some favors, go now!' I shut the door behind me and head through the plain door.

amorboy
amorboy
1,255 posts
Shepherd

Name - Mark Orvelius
Bio - A true roman , his father a legionair of the republic killed in action against some rioters in mecadon , now he is deprate to make money and continiue his legacy and at the end when he is old enough to rest in peace , work in some good farm that the republic offers him
Abilities - close combat (sword,fists,shield ...) , strong body (he worked alot when he was in his youths now thanks to that he has a good body shape and is a strong lad) loyal ( friend or master it doesnt matter if he sees someone worthy he dies for him)
Social class - Patriach
Social rank - 4
Items - Dagger, An apple, plain white toga, Writing feather and sone papers.
Money - 375 Denarii.
Dignitas - 11

i wil go as quiet as i can then when im near the ladder and the other dude ill try to knock him out then ill try to push the ladder so it falls down and the man on it falls with it to if this isnt possible then ill try to knock out the guy guarding the ladder as sneaky as possible

Voyage2
Voyage2
650 posts
Nomad

Bio - Brhundleimos is the only boy in Capioilius family. Their family are poor and cannot afford Brhundleimos to go schooling. It means that he didn't able to finish schooling. His father was a merchant. When he grow up he wanted also to become a merchant. So it start. He grow up and became a merchant.
Abilities -
Vending - Sells item.
Social class - Plebh
Social rank - 3
Money - 350 Denarii.

[Off-Topic]You also see a senator argue with a merchant. Sorry I get @.@.
Just change it.

As I walks close to the senator and merchant. "What's the problem ?"

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Brhundlemios - The senator yell "You are the worst merchant ever! You are fired! Every man in thes sreet can be better then you!"
"You!" He yell at you. "Want to manage a shop?"

Mark - You are able to get close enough to the guy on the ground. As a fitt musclery man, you manage to hit him a with a punch to the face which drop him on the ground. The men on the window try to climb up but you pull the ladder away right befor he rise his leg up. Now he is hanging in the air (about 9 meters high). His axe fall down.

Magnus - Pitus run like the wind toward the club.
You open the plaine door. Its lead to a bigger street. You can hear the gang cross the shop, heading to you. On your left you see another gang of fishers, ignforing you. the road lead to a big public garden. To your right you see the sea, with roads to the left (north) or to the right (south).

amorboy
amorboy
1,255 posts
Shepherd

Name - Mark Orvelius
Bio - A true roman , his father a legionair of the republic killed in action against some rioters in mecadon , now he is deprate to make money and continiue his legacy and at the end when he is old enough to rest in peace , work in some good farm that the republic offers him
Abilities - close combat (sword,fists,shield ...) , strong body (he worked alot when he was in his youths now thanks to that he has a good body shape and is a strong lad) loyal ( friend or master it doesnt matter if he sees someone worthy he dies for him)
Social class - Patriach
Social rank - 4
Money - 375 Denarii.
Dignitas - 11

I shout : who are you ?! what do you want ?! you have 3 seconds to answer or you know what will happen ... then ill start to count 3...2...

Voyage2
Voyage2
650 posts
Nomad

Abilities -
Vending - Sells item.
Social class - Plebh
Social rank - 3
Money - 350 Denarii.

"Yes ! I want it." As I smiles a little bit. "But how about this man ?"

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name - Magnus Rufus
Bio -.Born into a large family that has lived in Rome for many generations. The family name is well known in the docks for getting just what you're looking for. Most family members work in the ''family business'', while others are guards working on the docks. Some areas of the wharf are considered under our 'rotection', we mind our own, and others know not to come looking for trouble. Magnus found a liking to dagger work and soon became an assassin for the family.
Social class - Pleb
Social rank - 4
Items - .Daggers, spatha, leather cloak, buckets of fish x4, mysterious ring, plain white toga, legionnaire boots, scale armor, writing feather and some papers.
Money - 479 Denarii

I run down to the fishermen and then attempt to hide in there group.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Mark - The man try to escape your grap but he dont manage to do so. He didnt answerd to 3. The guy hanging on the window begin to yell for help. His arms are caught on the window. Peoppes begin to crowed near you, watching with interest.

Brhundelimos - The senator dosent realy listen to you. He curse the merchant, the merchant swalow his pride and walk away. "He will be fine. All these 5'ers live somehow anyway. More or less wont be a big deal." He say (Many roman senators from the conservative camp were quit racist and not nice to the poors). "Now, here is the deal. I give you this shop," he point at a small building, with 2 floors, the first one with 2 big rooms and another small room at the second floor. "For 300 denarii a month. This one is already paid exept for 50, so, in your spare time, please give me these. I will give you 2000 denarii now, but i expect profits out of them in the next two months!" (Today is the 2 Of Januar).
"I give you a totaly free will at what you will trade. Huh, and you also hire a man for 15 denarii a week. Fire him if you want".
'And for last, there is a delivery of Snail (Food) to the shop two days from now, about 400 units. Make sure you set a place for them. Cappasu, accompany him tot he shop" he tell to a big african slave beside him. He hold two bags. "Good luck!"

Magnus - Ill asume you typer it by mistake. If you didnt -
You walk to the gang. They stright away see you are not a fisher. When the other group come by, you are encircled. The next thing you remmeber is the face of A pale man with dark coat, on a big river. You are dead.

Ill ask again - what do you do now? (Please dont do anything stuiped again. Its was like hiding from a wolf pack in a cave full of wolves).

Voyage2
Voyage2
650 posts
Nomad

Abilities -
Vending - Sells item.
Social class - Plebh
Social rank - 3
Assest - small appartment in the suburba (4th floor, heat, no running water) Small Building Shop
Money - 2310 Denarii

I approach the African slave and ask him. "Get me some Snails again. I need them." As I start shouting now for sale. "Snails are for sale ! Just a cheap price ! Come and buy my Snails !"

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name - Magnus Rufus
Social class - Pleb
Social rank - 4
Money - 479 Denarii

I run into the public garden, looking for a place to hide.

amorboy
amorboy
1,255 posts
Shepherd

Name - Mark Orvelius
Social class - Patriach
Social rank - 4
Money - 375 Denarii.
Dignitas - 11

I shout toward the people : dear friends ! what do you think i should do !? that thief was trying to get in to my house ! then ill push the ladder to fall down then ill run toward floor that the guy is hanging from and then ill try to get close to the window and grab the guys hand

Showing 91-103 of 103