ForumsForum GamesThe first Man in Rome (RPG, open world)

103 19981
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

(Just to amke it clear - the meaning of the title is "The citizen number 1 in Rome" in a matter of rank, not as the first one in the city ever).

You are a citizen of Rome. Year - 150 bc. Your goal - whatever you want. Aim for the stars.

A little background -

Rome. Rome control almost the entire Peninsula. To the north, the many gauls tribes. To the east, on Italy, Rome share the land with the samnites and the Marsic tribes, all client kingdomes of Rome. In the south there is the african province, the occupied state of Carthage.
To the west, almost the entire Iberian Peninsula is under Roma control.
Rome control greece as well, and the entire western Coastline, all up to Venice.
Rome also control Asia - or as we call it today, the western coast of Turkey.
And for last, the islands of Corsica and Sardinia, which are under control as well.

Rome the city -
Rome is built like some kind of a circle.
In the center lay the Forum. This is the center if the city. To its west lay the "uoper" markets, like book shops and so. To the south lay the "medium" markets, like the leather market and the fish market. To the east there is the suburba - the poor district of the city. Some decent peoples live there, eveb from the higher classes, but the atmosphear is rough and gangs rule som eparts of it. Its not advised to travel there by night. To the far west lay the port, on both sides of the Tiber. Between the port and the market the jewish and syrian district stand. To the north stand the Capitol - wher the rich live. The most expensive part.

Rome is a republic. All (wealthy male who have a citizenship of the city) can nominate themselves to become a senator. There you can get many jobs, from being the one who take care of the city treasurey or the one who handle the sewers, uo to become the city Consul (one of two, as there are 2 consul at any time).
You have to possed 5000 dinariis, half in assests, to get to the rank of being able to nominate yourself.. Guaranties by others can be count as well.
Oh, and bribes are totaly legit.

There is also the class of the "Legaties" - a man owning a public horse. Something like a knight, but belong to the City and do mostly clerc jobs, but can be promoted.

And af cours, the army. You have to get your own equipment, and off you go to capua wher you can train and becone a legioneer.

There are many other things you can become. From an assassin, to a runner of a street gang, to a merchant, and maybe even travel aboard.

Name - (If you dont have a 'real' roman name you want to use, add "ilius" or "mos" to your name. Example - "Barackimos obamilius&quot
Bio - are you a Latin? Or an Italian? Maybe even jewish, a ex-slave from almost anywher or a travler. Feel free.
Abilities - (choose 3 things you are good at, subjects you studied or traits. Examples - 'surgeon', 'cook', 'lawyer', 'strong', 'healthy' and so on).
Social class - (plebh/Patriach [patriach - The former royalty, the original citizens of Rome, Plebhs - well, the rest)
Social rank - (choose from the following - 5, 4, or 3.)
[5 - "commoners" - the lowest of lowest of society, ex-slaves, refugies and non-citizens. Work on random jobs and more or less live on the free bread the city provide. Live on the poor areas of rome.
4 - owner of some properties, like a workshop or a small shop. Can also be from the low clercs, or small priests.
3 - from the less wealty "royalty", or a son of a merchant. You do have education and maybe even some financial help, but not much. You can vote and nominate yourself to the Senate].
Items - Dagger, An apple, plain white toga, Writing feather and sone papers. [i](Your speical items belonged to you. Things you carry.)

Assest - small appartment in the suburba (4th floor, heat, no running water) (The more massive things you own. A boat, for example)
Money - 1500 / (social rank) Denarii.

Feeo free to PM me any question you have!

• 103 Replies
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name - Magnus Rufus
Bio -.Born into a large family that has lived in Rome for many generations. The family name is well known in the docks for getting just what you're looking for. Most family members work in the ''family business'', while others are guards working on the docks. Some areas of the wharf are considered under our 'rotection', we mind our own, and others know not to come looking for trouble. Magnus found a liking to dagger work and soon became an assassin for the family.
Abilities - Stealth, Thief, Bladework (fighting with a blade)
Social class - Pleb
Social rank - 4
Items - .Daggers, spatha, leather cloak, an apple, plain white toga, writing feather and some papers.
Assets - small apartment in the harbor (5th floor, heat, no running water)
Money - 479 Denarii

'That will do nicely.' I put my hand out for the armor and the food.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Its now dark. You see Pitus crawl to his small corner and get ready to sleep. A gang of slaves gather in the nearby street, spending their free time.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name - Magnus Rufus
Bio -.Born into a large family that has lived in Rome for many generations. The family name is well known in the docks for getting just what you're looking for. Most family members work in the ''family business'', while others are guards working on the docks. Some areas of the wharf are considered under our 'rotection', we mind our own, and others know not to come looking for trouble. Magnus found a liking to dagger work and soon became an assassin for the family.
Social class - Pleb
Social rank - 4
Items - .Daggers, spatha, leather cloak, buckets of fish x4, plain white toga, legionnaire boots, scale armor, writing feather and some papers.
Money - 479 Denarii

I head home.

Voyage2
Voyage2
650 posts
Nomad

Name - Brhundleimos Capioilius
Bio - Brhundleimos is the only boy in Capioilius family. Their family are poor and cannot afford Brhundleimos to go schooling. It means that he didn't able to finish schooling. His father was a merchant. When he grow up he wanted also to become a merchant. So it start. He grow up and became a merchant.
Abilities -
Vending - Sells item.
Hammer Mastery - If he have an Hammer Type weapon it increases damage.
Social class - Plebh
Social rank - 3
Items - Dagger, An apple, plain white toga, Writing feather and some papers.
Assest - small appartment in the suburba (4th floor, heat, no running water)
Money - 350 Denarii.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Magnus -
Describe your plans foward. "I go home. Then i try to do so and so, i want to make this and this and buy this".
You enter the room. You see another poster on your door that tell the peopled on the parade which is going to take place in the street. You enter your home to see that there is no food (again), and that your bed is all out of shape. The dead budy is still outside.

Brhudlemios - You are an Italian - not a "true Roman". Your family origins are in the Campania region. Your family bought you this apppartment in Rome, hoping for a better life for you in the big city. You arrived in Rome yesterday. And now you are hungry.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name - Magnus Rufus
Social class - Pleb
Social rank - 4
Items - .Daggers, spatha, leather cloak, buckets of fish x4, plain white toga, legionnaire boots, scale armor, writing feather and some papers.
Money - 479 Denarii

I put the fish down and begin to eat. Once I've finished eating I go over to the dead body, I examine it for anything of use.

Voyage2
Voyage2
650 posts
Nomad

Bio - Brhundleimos is the only boy in Capioilius family. Their family are poor and cannot afford Brhundleimos to go schooling. It means that he didn't able to finish schooling. His father was a merchant. When he grow up he wanted also to become a merchant. So it start. He grow up and became a merchant.
Abilities -
Vending - Sells item.
Social class - Plebh
Social rank - 3
Money - 350 Denarii.

Find some food shop where I can buy food that I can eat.

amorboy
amorboy
1,255 posts
Shepherd

Name - Mark Orvelius
Bio - A true roman , his father a legionair of the republic killed in action against some rioters in mecadon , now he is deprate to make money and continiue his legacy and at the end when he is old enough to rest in peace , work in some good farm that the republic offers him
Abilities - close combat (sword,fists,shield ...) , strong body (he worked alot when he was in his youths now thanks to that he has a good body shape and is a strong lad) loyal ( friend or master it doesnt matter if he sees someone worthy he dies for him)
Social class - Patriach
Social rank - 4
Items - Dagger, An apple, plain white toga, Writing feather and sone papers.
Money - 375 Denarii.
Dignitas - 11
Its good to know history completley ! now i can choose much better in this game
anyways is it near the time that rome turns to an empire ? i mean the roman civil war is near ? and if so are there roman important characters in the game ? like julius ceaser keyto or cesero ? ...

amorboy
amorboy
1,255 posts
Shepherd

SORRY FOR DOUBLE :P
and sorry i didnt saw the year then i guess i must become a levy as all of the roman soliers at that time were levy ...

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Magnus - The body was looted over and over in the past weeks. As you are done searching on the rotten corpse, you see that the man fist open slowly, and suddenly a small ring fall off his hand! You can see it has a symbol on it, but you are unable to say what it represent. You see City workers begin to decorate the roads.
Pitus run toward you. "Magnus! There is a letter for you!". He handle you the letter. Its from drakius, about your job to help mullios. He ask you to think of something to do with him.

Capioilius - Befor You go to the market an old couple apoarch you. "Hello Brhundleimos! Can you do me a favor? Its quite hard for me to go to the market by myself and i cant afford to own a slave. Will you help me and buy me some food, papers, and - you know what, here is a list". He give you a list of items and 15 Denariis.

Orvelius - A lawyer come to your house. "Your father didnt had much. In fact, you own money to some rather unpleasent peoples at the harbour. But he did wished to give you this" he call to some mans who bring two boxes. "I was a friend of your father. Dont ask me how i got these boxes without these harbour gangs taking them for themselves befor me. He own them 1200 denariis. I wont be suprised if they will come to tou with their demands. Now if you wont mind, im heading to the forum. It might concern you too, as they speak about the demands of recruiting to the army. Gaius marius want to let even the poor to join the army, on the expense of the state rather then having them bring their own equipment! It will be an army of beggers! Well, farewell! Take care". He head to the door.

Voyage2
Voyage2
650 posts
Nomad

Abilities -
Vending - Sells item.
Social class - Plebh
Social rank - 3
Money - 350 Denarii.

Sure I'll do it for you. But how do you know my name ?

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

*he is your neighbore*.

As you walk to the market you see your landlady argue with a man. She yell at a quite shady looking guy. You see Legaties (city workers+police+clerks) decorate the main street and puting posters on walls, telling about the coming of a prince from africa.

Voyage2
Voyage2
650 posts
Nomad

Abilities -
Vending - Sells item.
Social class - Plebh
Social rank - 3
Money - 350 Denarii.

Just look at them and continue walking.

amorboy
amorboy
1,255 posts
Shepherd

Name - Mark Orvelius
Bio - A true roman , his father a legionair of the republic killed in action against some rioters in mecadon , now he is deprate to make money and continiue his legacy and at the end when he is old enough to rest in peace , work in some good farm that the republic offers him
Abilities - close combat (sword,fists,shield ...) , strong body (he worked alot when he was in his youths now thanks to that he has a good body shape and is a strong lad) loyal ( friend or master it doesnt matter if he sees someone worthy he dies for him)
Social class - Patriach
Social rank - 4
Items - Dagger, An apple, plain white toga, Writing feather and sone papers.
Money - 375 Denarii.
Dignitas - 11

1200 denarii ?! now what am i gonna do ? but , if they are gonna make a legion for the poor people maybe i can join ! and if they dont make it i have to buy some javelins and a dagger to join the skirmishers !! i dont have any other choice ! dear friend lets hurry to the forum cause time is short as you said your self .

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name - Magnus Rufus
Social class - Pleb
Social rank - 4
Money - 479 Denarii

I grab the ring quickly. Stuffing it into my pocket quickly. I heft the body onto my shoulder and move him out of the way. 'Well met Pitus...' I read the letter. '... Mmmmh. I told him to give me a few days... What's the word on that shipment of snails?'

Showing 61-75 of 103