ForumsThe TavernDevoidless De-modding.

47 11932
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I honestly don't know what much to say, so I will try my best. Do excuse me if I'm not being a bit jumpy or skirt, the past couple of days have been interesting for me.

As we all know, Devoidless is not a mod anymore.
There has been a situation in which I, and a few other users, were able to witness. If there was more before this, I am unaware, but based off of what we were able to view, I strongly disagree with the act of demodding him.

It was confirmed, on an unrelated note, that the chat this all happened in was 3rd party to AG, and thus statements in there were not to be reflected upon us on AG. However, it would seem, the same standards were not held for Devoidless (as far as I am aware).

Devoidless said some things. Were they pleasant things? Not necessarily so. But given the established fact that the chat was unrelated to AG, that should not have reflected upon him. Nor, in fact, does what he said and his viewpoints reflect his ability as a moderator.

Do I agree with all that was said? Not particularly, no. But he has a right to speak his mind, with given how he was on a site unrelated to Armorgames. Even more so, it would seem Devoidless being vocal was only out of concern for AG, to try to offer some criticism he viewed as valuable, albeit in the normal Devoidless manner that has been established these past 5-6 years.

I don't know. What I know is that my information is limited, and given what I do know I disagree with Devoidless demodding.

Excuse me for such a seemingly half-assed thread, things for me have been stressful...

[All what has been stated corresponds solely with what information I am aware of and were made aware of based upon my own actions.]

• 47 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Should you be banned in this community if you do something on a completely different site?

Was he banned or just demoted?
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

Was he banned or just demoted?

*Demoted. My god I am bad at everything including computers today.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

Also, what exactly happened? I feel like the only person here who doesn't know the details of why he was demodded.

You might want to find out what's going on before jumping into the argument, because you've completely missed the point.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Also, what exactly happened? I feel like the only person here who doesn't know the details of why he was demodded.

You are probably the only person who will post on this thread aside from MacII who doesn't know. Believe me, take a breather and realize it'll be resolved.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Pang, wasn't it you yourself who wrote just the other day:

Yes. My OP was not demanding a reason for what happened, but voicing my opinion based off of what knowledge I hold.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I'd rather know what happened so I could post what I think about what happened.

To be honest I'm not sure anyone knows everything. Discussions have been done outside of AG (and here) and it's evident that time needs to assist with this. But like I said, don't worry, and try not to freak out.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Really, is there a difference?

Yes, being demoted means you can use the site but are just no longer the level you were, so Voidy would be a normal user.

Being banned would mean that he would not be allowed to use the site.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Yes, being demoted means you can use the site but are just no longer the level you were, so Voidy would be a normal user.

Being banned would mean that he would not be allowed to use the site.

Ah yes thank you for the clarification

And evidently missing his point...
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I still want to know what is known. I mean, I can't exactly give my input if I don't even know the situation, and what happened.

In that case don't give input.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

If you all are, I feel I can. You're a user too. Even then, I just want to know what happened, okay?

We were all apart of a situation that, for us, seemed to lead to his demodding.

I understand you want to know, trust me I'd be the exact same way, given the odd nature of this. The point is, I think, is that you are trying to place an input on something of which you have no knowledge.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Yes, because you neglected to mention any of the details in the OP for some unknown reason...

This is sarcasm, yes?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

@blk

Only coming in to answer your query; yes you will be arrested. If you take drugs in Amsterdam you will be arrested by airport police when you return, where I come from.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Well then i suppose you will be safe. They need to test you before arresting you; but some drugs last for a couple of months in your bloodstream.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Not at all.

Then maybe re-read the OP.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

is anyone asking for your input? This seems to be a decision that AG will take full in their own right, without the input of its users.

AG isn't asking for anybody's input, yet somehow this thread has reached page 4 and only one admin has posted one time. It has already been established by said admin that this will be discussed privately by the staff and moderation team. Ergo, it isn't our business what they do behind the scenes.

This thread is one giant walking contradiction. Users are being chastised left and right for posting without a sufficient amount of knowledge on the subject matter, but the knowledge is also not being supplied to anyone outside of a small group of people, which indicates that the only people who are allowed to have opinions on this matter without being criticized are people who are part of some small third-party site that the rest of AG doesn't know about.

There is enough knowledge in the OP for a reasonable discussion on the general idea, even if not everybody is aware exactly of what took places. Excluding users from a discussion because they lack knowledge that you refuse to supply them with is hypocritical and incredibly self-righteous, and it turns a proper discussion into a one-sided gossip thread, which has no place in this community, especially when discussing a specific AG user.

This is not a personal attack on anyone, nor am I trying to create any more arguments or fuel any further discussion on where the thread goes. Adding my input--and I will point out that I know nothing about what happened besides what was posted in the OP--Devoidless has been de-modded. Maybe he will be re-modded, maybe he won't. This is up to the admins and the moderators, not us. That piece of information was given to us early on. We're entitled to our opinions. All of us, not some of us. This is a community, not an aristocracy.
Showing 16-30 of 47