ForumsThe TavernDevoidless De-modding.

47 11935
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I honestly don't know what much to say, so I will try my best. Do excuse me if I'm not being a bit jumpy or skirt, the past couple of days have been interesting for me.

As we all know, Devoidless is not a mod anymore.
There has been a situation in which I, and a few other users, were able to witness. If there was more before this, I am unaware, but based off of what we were able to view, I strongly disagree with the act of demodding him.

It was confirmed, on an unrelated note, that the chat this all happened in was 3rd party to AG, and thus statements in there were not to be reflected upon us on AG. However, it would seem, the same standards were not held for Devoidless (as far as I am aware).

Devoidless said some things. Were they pleasant things? Not necessarily so. But given the established fact that the chat was unrelated to AG, that should not have reflected upon him. Nor, in fact, does what he said and his viewpoints reflect his ability as a moderator.

Do I agree with all that was said? Not particularly, no. But he has a right to speak his mind, with given how he was on a site unrelated to Armorgames. Even more so, it would seem Devoidless being vocal was only out of concern for AG, to try to offer some criticism he viewed as valuable, albeit in the normal Devoidless manner that has been established these past 5-6 years.

I don't know. What I know is that my information is limited, and given what I do know I disagree with Devoidless demodding.

Excuse me for such a seemingly half-assed thread, things for me have been stressful...

[All what has been stated corresponds solely with what information I am aware of and were made aware of based upon my own actions.]

• 47 Replies
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

I'm agreeing with Ferret's decision.

Ferret has not let us down yet and I agree as well. We may not have the whole picture but here are my two bits.

He is helpful, he was a mod that was his job.
My person experience was mixed with him. There was a while that he has not been consistent... deleting my questions on his profile and such when I requested an answer to one of his decisions.
All in all Ferret did the right thing. If there is something in question it falls to the admins. I believe this was the correct call.

~~Black~~
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

I was arguing with him less than 24 hours ago and he was a mod! How did I miss this???

Arguing?

Anywho I missed it to, but don't expect a link. The reasons are not to be discussed, until the admins wish us to know/if at all.
I would not expect a link for awhile/ever.

~~Black~~
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Anyhow, until the mods and the admins sort out this whole business, the details about this occurrence will be limited. Instead, let's discuss about what the OP wanted us to discuss instead of constantly asking for information that you won't receive, okay?

How did I miss this???

Frank and Voidy are twins. Your whole life is a lie, Matt. You took the blue pill, but you chose wrong.
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

All in all Ferret did the right thing. If there is something in question it falls to the admins. I believe this was the correct call.

How do we know he did the right thing? We don't even know the reasons why Void was demodded. All we know is that Void criticized things, then was demodded over an opinion.

I was arguing with him less than 24 hours ago and he was a mod! How did I miss this???

The entire thing happened on a third party site.

The problem with this is that one side has no information, and is making assumptions. The other side has information, but not the full story and is not telling what happened in the aforementioned third party site. The side that has the info has only been exposed to the worst part of this turn of events, and is therefore raising their pitchforks. Another problem with them not telling this info is that they are making this incident last longer, and letting people assume what happened.

TL;DR Sal and pang tell what happened.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

The bottom line is that this thread was prematurely created, if it needed to be created at all. For those of us who knows more than others, I implore you not to add to any fires before confusion is resolved and a decision is made. No one should be jumping to any sort of conclusion based solely on what is in the OP-- we've had enough confusion for one day. Also, the FGA is a public chat, so I'm not sure why you're asking for links...

TL;DR Sal and pang tell what happened.

No.
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

How do we know he did the right thing? We don't even know the reasons why Void was demodded. All we know is that Void criticized things, then was demodded over an opinion.

You just said we don't know the reason, only to say immediately afterward that we know the reason. Clearly we do not know the actual reason.

Another problem with them not telling this info is that they are making this incident last longer, and letting people assume what happened.

No. The people who assume will be content with having their assumptions. The incident is being prolonged by people insisting more information. This information, whatever it may be, does not need to be divulged. We should respect his privacy by leaving it at that.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Considering this thread has been a giant circle jerk of people a) not knowing what happened b) Accusing each other that they can't provide input because they don't know what happened and c) Ferret said it wouldn't be discussed outside of the admins or mods, I'd say it is safe to close this thread.

Agreed 100%. Like I said earlier, if you don't know what happened, sit back and relax.
devansh_asthana
devansh_asthana
480 posts
Farmer

Demodding?
This is serious stuff...ferret said that nobody knows the full thing...Adds to the mystery.
=P

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Like Ernie said before, it really isn't any of our business. I trust that if they demodded Voidy, they had a good reason.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Like Ernie said before, it really isn't any of our business.

Correct. Not sure why the topic of discussion went away from the OP like it did.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

You want to know why? Here's why.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Matt... The staff used to do April Fool's Jokes... That was one of them...

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

IIRC from the old days, threads about specific users are strictly prohibited in the first place.

More about the situation that seemingly led up to the demodding of a mod and less about a specific mod.
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

This is far more then what your discussing, and no normal user has a full picture. I've already stated to you before, and will state again - this will not be discussed further by admins or moderators until we discuss it privately.

So since you the 'team' decided to hold a trial (where I was not able to defend myself) and came to a conclusion, where is the discussion now? There are some users that want to know exactly what happened.

I'm am proposing an clearing of the air, if you will. You bring all your evidence on down, and I'll bring all my evidence on down. We'll let the users see what really happened and let them make their own decisions. I've always only been interested in the prosperity and well-being of both out community and our users. I think they deserve to know what happened and how it went down.

I'm doing this for the sake of our users, not my self or my ego. Surely you want to do the same, no?
boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

If you disagree with our decision, then I'm sorry you feel that way -- we bear no ill towards you, but the decision is final. Any further discussion will only draw negativity and adversely affect the forum and its users, so I am locking this thread.

Showing 31-45 of 47