ForumsWEPRTalk about it!

35 16142
Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

So i guess this is what happens when i get bored. What do u think is wrong with ur countries' goverment?

The US goverment has major problems, the worst (for me) is New York. Really Coumo? The people.of New York are barely allowed to use their guns, and crimials arent gunna follow the laws. FIX IT!!!

• 35 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Democrats with their gun control laws. Seriously, I don't see why they're taking guns away from the people who will defend themselves with.

Not at all what they are pushing.

The president, with forced health care...

Because no other country does so well with universal health care?
It's a poor step, but nevertheless a step in the right direction.

. Another thing, some idiots decided that apparently, they shouldn't give the death penalty to some guy who committed multiple-homicide.

Death penalty debate...oh fun...

I don't know why Obama was reelected.

Probably because he is actually a fairly decent president that has kept a majority of his promises despite the fact that he has a congress openly voting against him and doing what they can to hinder any progress he attempts to make.

The only reason they chose him in the first place was because he was an African American

Yep. 100% true. Everyone was just like "lol who cares about what it is he is saying in his speeches? Dude is black and we need them moral points"

This is why our government is in shambles. "Oh, but he killed Osama Bin Laden!" No, well-trained marines killed Osama Bin Laden, the President was basically cheering them on, or something.

If by "cheering them on" you mean giving them the "ok", per se...then sure.

The liberals are tearing this country apart, and we're supposed to just sit here?

Cut it out with the generalizations.

They're taking away our rights as well, like the second amendment, and the first amendment. Pretty soon it'll basically be Burma, or some other country with no freedom of speech.

Jesus that was bad. Again, you seem to have little clue what people are pushing for with gun laws. And how the hell is our first amendment rights being taken away?

Also, like Matt may or may not have been saying, apparently, the government thinks that self defense isn't a think

If you actually took the time to read the context of what he was saying, you'd find that we were discussing a different country.

This shows that you basically just blindly agreed with him under the assumption of "gov'ment is evul!"

These left-wing lunatics are driving this country into the ground.

Again, cut it out with the asinine generalizations.

Remember the Zimmerman, Trevon Martin trial? There were no accounts the Martin attacked Zimmerman, so they let him go

Go read the url=https://armorgames.com/community/thread/11721689/george-zimmermann-found-not-guilty]thread[/url] in regards to this. The decision they made was the correct one.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

failed link

Thread

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I don't see why they're taking guns away from the people who will defend themselves with

Because in the dark at night when you are tired and disoriented, it can be hard to tell a family member from an intruder.
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Exactly! Most of what he said was just empty word anyway!

Show me a present-day political campaign speech that isn't.

These left-wing lunatics are driving this country into the ground.

Why do the left-wings always get the credit? I have yet to hear a single conservative complaining about the right-wing lunatics. In what way is the first amendment being compromised?

Well, you see, it isn't. Considering the fact that the intruder would be breaking and entering, it isn't very difficult to discern an intruder. For example, being tired doesn't make someone you've lived with for years suddenly appear to be a complete stranger? Also, how would you be "disoriented" after waking up?

You seem to be assuming many details that are not likely to be applicable here.
It doesn't have to be loud or easily recognizeable simply because it's called "breaking".
Most people would be uneasy about startling potentially armed hostiles by turning lights on.
Not everyone has a family that is still and silent all night, or burglars/home invaders with the decency to wait until everyone's awake before breaking in.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

How? They fine you if you don't have it! That's not fair at all! That's ridiculous!

It's not fining, it's taxing. So when you do need healthcare, you don't have to saw off your own limbs to acquire it. I'm not so well versed in it, so hopefully someone else could help explain it better.
Frankly, it's a far better idea than mandatory driving insurance.

A majority of his promises?

yes

It took him four years to drop unemployment "below 8%"!

Probably because that is hard as hell to reduce.

The only thing that's hindering the progress of this country is him! Fairly decent?

Or a Congress that has done so little I'm curious as to if we should even consider that we have one.

He's the only president who actually had several states attempt to secede from the United States because he became president

You mean that lackluster event where like a majority of 50k from some states and less than 20k from most signed a petition online?

Exactly! Most of what he said was just empty word anyway!

I totally wasn't being 100% sarcastic or anything

And you're saying that literally any other president wouldn't?

I'm saying it is a possibility. I'm not going to assume.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Probably because that is hard as hell to reduce.

But it's mostly down because people in that category simply stopped searching for jobs. They aren't counted for unemployment purposes.

[quote]A majority of his promises?

yes[/quote]
Technically a majority means over 50%. That's a plurality.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Show me a present-day political campaign speech that isn't.

Does this count?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Not only that, I couldn't help but notice that none of the recent one were labeled "Kept." 45% kept means that 55% were NOT kept/stalled/"in the works."

I suppose this would depend on how one counts the compromises.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/

Not to mention our favorite broken promise, "If you like your healthcare, you can keep your healthcare."

I really wouldn't call that one a good one to focus on considering the impact would only be a small percentage and actually result in better healthcare overall.
Alkestis22
Alkestis22
8 posts
Nomad

well i guess number one is corruption number two is the law and the law maker three some people who did not following the law the rest is to some people who does not even care to others

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Technically a majority means over 50%. That's a plurality.

I take the "compromises" as a part of him keeping his promises as well.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but Obama is NOT a black man. He is bi-racial. This argument has existed for far too long.

You are correct...it was a sarcastic reply to blk's comment.
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

That doesn't justify lying. "Everyone else is doing it" is not a legitimate reason for doing something.

Not what I'm getting at. If blk2860 is going to point the finger at one politician who doesn't live up to promises, he may as well do so with all of the others.

Does this count?

I didn't hear a speech in it, so...no.
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

that doesn't change the fact that he did not keep his word to the extent that he said he would.

Politician in non-promise keeping shock horror!
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

I didn't hear a speech in it, so...no.

What do you mean? Those were his words in a public message as part of his political campaign. Why doesn't it count?
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

What do you mean? Those were his words in a public message as part of his political campaign.

Ah. The ad looked more like something his PR agents dreamed up. In this case, it is a campaign speech and decidedly empty-worded, so yes, it counts.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

In this case, it is a campaign speech and decidedly empty-worded

What would you consider "full-worded"?
Showing 16-30 of 35