ForumsWEPRTalk about it!

35 16146
Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

So i guess this is what happens when i get bored. What do u think is wrong with ur countries' goverment?

The US goverment has major problems, the worst (for me) is New York. Really Coumo? The people.of New York are barely allowed to use their guns, and crimials arent gunna follow the laws. FIX IT!!!

• 35 Replies
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

What would you consider "full-worded"?

Well, with regard to campaign promises, being (in their entirety) both sincere and practicable. Of course, not empty doesn't have to be full, so I would likely accept anything that is predominantly so.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Well, with regard to campaign promises, being (in their entirety) both sincere and practicable.

In what way was it void of those? If you mean in the sense that what he promised didn't actually happen, that's void because campaign promises are made on the contingency of winning.
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

If you mean in the sense that what he promised didn't actually happen, that's void because campaign promises are made on the contingency of winning.

Which makes it a moot point. Candidate promises x if elected, candidate is not elected, therefore promise of x is unrealized and thus meaningless.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Which makes it a moot point.

Which is why I'm wondering how you can label it as empty-worded if it is both "sincere and practicable". It seems circular to say "Nothing you currently say matters until we put you in power based on what you say, but nothing you currently say matters..." For example, in 2016, every presidential candidate will not have held the office before. If you consider their words meaningless until they've held office, why should anyone be considered for the position?
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

If you consider their words meaningless until they've held office, why should anyone be considered for the position?

Their words are meaningless in the event that they are not elected. I'm not about to assume that none of them will have the opportunity to make good their promises. Furthermore, I am saying that the point is moot to the discussion, not to the electoral process.
Showing 31-35 of 35