ForumsThe TavernWhat interesting things did you do today?

675 102885
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,310 posts
Templar

Hello my honey moneys, this thread is a remake for a thread I made a year or 2 ago but was locked for some reason.

This thread is fairly simple, just talk about something interesting that happened to you today, nothing complicated, just that easy.

The interesting thing I did today was play Dapro in a game of Shell Shock Live 2, and played chess and backgammon with my dad.

• 675 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,310 posts
Templar

This didn't happen today, more like 4 days ago, but I got my first job working the lifts at the local ski resort.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,315 posts
Marquis

Went and saw Rogue One with the family.

Tristea
Tristea
21 posts
Shepherd

I uh, I got a gf today, which was pretty exciting for me

knight_34
knight_34
13,856 posts
Blacksmith

I opened AG for the first time in a long time and checked if my old friends have logged in lately

akshobhya
akshobhya
4,921 posts
Justiciar

Celebrated New Year with a party!

SSTG
SSTG
12,967 posts
Templar

I walked around my neighborhood and looked at the damage left by the crazy storm we got last night.
Many houses have their window screens full of holes and some house with vinyl sidings have big holes in them, cars all over the place have huge dents.

I haven't seen anything bad on my house but the insurance guy will come check my roof.
My house is 12 yo so maybe it's time to put some new tiling's.

I never witnessed such as violent hail storm before. Some hail was as big as a golf ball and it lasted at least 5 minutes.

I really thought my dinning room window would break but it didn't. I was lucky.

SSTG
SSTG
12,967 posts
Templar

I saved a baby prey mantis. It was stuck in a spider web so I picked it up and put it on my deck.
I felt good about it because it's my favorite bug.

When that baby grows up, it'll be back , look for that spider, find it, grab it and OM NOM NOM it!

Lyncathia
Lyncathia
7 posts
Peasant

well that spider will probably dead cause you stole its food....
i feel bad for the dude... that spidey just wanted something to eat,,

things i do today.....
woke up on my bed 1hr earlier...

SSTG
SSTG
12,967 posts
Templar

I have an interesting story to tell.

My wife was checking on one of her credit card online and found out some a**hole from Washington state has used her name to buy something. We live in Missouri and we don't even do business with the store where the item was purchased.

Anyway, after the store gave us the address where the package was shipped, my wife did a Google Earth search and found the house. Then I suggested to look up for a police station in this area.

After my wife called the credit card company and told them the story, they waved the fee.
She then contacted the police station.

Later and officer called back, went to the house, talked to guy and he said that maybe there was a mix up with someone else purchase. Since we don't do business with them, it's unlikely the case.

The cop called my wife a few more times and it seem that they take this seriously.

So whatever happens, this guy will think twice before doing it again.

SSTG
SSTG
12,967 posts
Templar

they waved the fee

Doh! I meant waived, not waved. XD
inhaleinvertebrate
inhaleinvertebrate
2 posts
Peasant

today a third grader told me i was her senpai. i feel flattered

BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
819 posts
Templar

Today I started writing a short story. Hope it will be good.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,530 posts
Constable

I didn't have computer access for about 2 weeks, but in that time I got married, went on a 4 day honeymoon / family vacation to Hocking Hills, Ohio, and went on a little day trip yesterday to Frankenmuth, Michigan (Christmas town). A wonderful time, I took first half of November off work too I'll finally go back on the 15th.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,415 posts
King

@GhostOfMatrix CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Awesome for you guys!

My story today is a bit sad, yet interesting... I started work today by checking out the remainder of the fire that was ablaze in a building behind the building I work in. Yesterday the fire was so intense (flames were more than 3 meters high!) that we had to keep the small roof at the back wet in order to keep the fire from jumping over to us. Luckily for us, the wind was blowing away from our location, which prevented the jump to our side.
What was left today was a blackened street at the back of our building and the smell of fire was nearly gone in our building. But it always feels sad to see how someone else's building is ruined in a matter of minutes... I consider myself lucky that my work place was saved.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,479 posts
Herald

I finished writing my first page, out of likely four or five, of an essay that I have due this weekend.

Showing 661-675 of 675