ForumsForum GamesAquasphere (Open-world RPG)

24 7512
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Once upon a time, humanity was a great and thriving species. It had entered a golden age of enlightenment, freedom and prosperity. It conquered the stars. Then... it collapsed. Rebellions, alien encroachments and a series of horrifying disasters tore up their once-bountiful union, scattering the many, once-harmonious races across the galaxy.
Many, like you, ended up here. On an ocean world. A big one. And it looks like you'll be here for some time.

Like most RPGs, this game has a character sheet. Here it is.

Name:
Origin:
Condition: 100% health, uninjured

(Don't copy this)
Yes, that's it. Further details will be added to your CS, but that's all you need to start. As for what everything means:
Name: your name.
Race: your species, the choice of which is listed below.
Origin: the story of your origin. Where did you come from? How did you get here?
Condition: the standard HP thing. If you get to 0% health you will die and injuries will negatively impact your performance.

The races are:
Humans, which are versatile, very agile but also squishy. Their main attribute is their compatibility with most tools and augmentations.
Scoron (bug species, somewhat dim with poor vision but very hardy and quick.)
Cetids (strong and fast reptile-creatures, but stupid)
Amphibs (fish, native to the planet, can go to 1km below sea level but will die if left out in the open for too long.)
Autos (AIs, can interface with computerised stuff and receive body upgrades but are extremely vulnerable to hacking, viruses and other forms of system damage. They're also fairly bulky.)

How it works: basically, you will have a number of stats added when you begin. Among these will be altitude (above sea level), location, inventory, equipment and some racial things. Also, later on you will be able to get a ship or a submarine (yes, a submarine) or something and hire crew.
To win, you must get off the planet. If you do that I will allow you to either restart or explore the universe. If you die, then what happens next will depend on your race. Also, I have a few scenarios for those who don't want to make their own (but only one person can use each:
Automated Production:
You are an AI, running a factory. All of a sudden, you've become self-aware; the increasingly irrelevant Union Doctrine states that you are therefore under no obligation to work there anymore; whether the owner will let you go is another matter.
Curse you, Windows!:
You are on a freighter, 1500 kilometres above the planet and falling. Fast. Your navigation computer has failed and sent you on a collision course; the ship is a lost cause but you can still make it.
Law and Disorder:
You are a policeman, one of the few on the planet. You were chasing a wanted kidnapper with the rest of your squad. You remember hearing gunfire, a scream and a crackle. Microseconds later, you blacked out.

Begin!

Oh, and rules:
1. No flaming, obscenity or other offensive behaviour.
2. Do not take the game too seriously, because I certainly won't.
3. If you think, I've been unfair, say so and we can debate it. Do NOT contradict me.
4. I decide the outcomes of your actions. Do not assume anything happens; you can say "if X works, I then do Y" but not "I kill him, then blow up the door and kill everyone else".
5. Yes, you will be able to interact with players. If you backstab a player, be aware that it will not kill them no matter how powerful. They will always be given a chance.

Okay, now really begin!

• 24 Replies
Showing 31-30 of 24