ForumsSupport Forum[Solved] What is "AFD Coinerator"

64 36921
JenniferRawr
JenniferRawr
1 posts
Nomad

Recently this thing popped up while playing City of Steam: Arkadia, then found it popped up when i loaded all Armor Games pages on separate tabs, is this a Armor Games approved thing or is this some kind of nasty malware?

• 64 Replies
SunBlast
SunBlast
7 posts
Farmer

[/b]Eh... Either most of you are too stupid to mute and minimize it, or it's broken for some ppl. I have no trouble with it really. And if you are that annoyed by it then just don't visit this site for today. Jeez, are you such addicts???[b]

EvilKittyCat666
EvilKittyCat666
45 posts
Nomad

Go SunBlast! Smart dude!

Now... you talked about a bluerabbit that wrote something @MacII ?

I canz be a rabbut toohw! See? Meow...

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/25900000/The-Cheshire-Cat-alice-in-wonderland-25961730-800-400.jpg

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Don't remove this pl0x. It's great fun hehe.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Replying to boppins regarding the functionality of the AFD Coinerator, I am using Firefox 28.

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

Don't remove this pl0x. It's great fun hehe.

Agreed. This is like cookie clicker all over again. Can't. Stop. Collecting. Coins.

Although the sound of twenty simultaneous pinging noises when I have a bunch of thread tabs open is disturbing.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Mute button on the green bar Jess.

moonotth_507
moonotth_507
1 posts
Nomad

what do you use the coins for?

Trent01
Trent01
1 posts
Shepherd

I doubt they're used for anything. Honestly, it looks more like one of those gambling simulators, except you always win. Also, I dislike it. Even when minimized, it gets in the way of playing games like GemCraft.

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

To reiterate.. the coinerator has both a mute button and a minimize button, and these options will stick with you as you go throughout the site. If you don't like it, minimize & mute it.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

To boppins:
In case you didn't see my reply post, I am using Firefox 28. To reiterate, there is no mute button or minimize button and I posted a tinypic image in the post to show what the thing looks like. It makes sounds but can't be made to go away.
Thanks

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

Thanks Erile. Are you using any adblockers, or noscript? Or a better question is, what addons do you have installed?

And have you tried another browser like Chrome?

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

To chime in: I use AdBlock Plus, Ghostery, and NoScript, in Firefox, and didn't have to change anything to be treated to this unwelcome thing.

Mostly, it took me some fiddling around & finally the good advice of a fellow forum member to to have it duly be blocked, instead

In earnest, I expect to have some other things to do the coming days than to check in on developments regarding this goofy thing, but if the site's answer to all this is gonna be it's tough luck & we all just have to suck it up, I suppose that will be the end of my forum participation. I trust that won't be anyone's loss, so no hard feelings, & all that.

But an ill-conceived goofy and super-intrusive gizmo if ever I saw one, yes sir, ma'am I do think so.

falafelorc
falafelorc
11 posts
Count

Now if you don't take a good April fools joke, then the April fool land squid won't give you peasants...or was that presents, look there are a lot of things the April fool land squid need to get off her hands so just take whatever you can get and be happy.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

The only addons that are listed are Acrobat, Intel IPT, Office 2010, and Flash. Java is turned off. I do have Adblock Plus.

I haven't tried another browser, I don't have one at the ready on my machine.

bozoid
bozoid
1 posts
Peasant

All April Fool's "jokes" are pranks and all pranks reveal the prankster's schadenfreude. So whoever perpetrated this, get help, you are ill.

Showing 31-45 of 64