ForumsGames[GENERAL] GemCraft CS Thoughts

465 152941
iladesta
iladesta
7 posts
Peasant

I was curious what everyone thinks of the game so far? Likes, Dislikes? Found any bugs yet?

• 465 Replies
zzxxzz3
zzxxzz3
72 posts
Jester

Wait until you get a high-grade chain hit gem firing 30K shots/second and hitting 15K enemies with each shot...a single wave takes like 10 minutes to launch...

pewpewsword12
pewpewsword12
24 posts
Shepherd

My fusion and mana flow skills are eating up my skill points after i earn a bunch.

daniil_sizov_98
daniil_sizov_98
30 posts
Farmer

@kenji1134, I'm pretty sure, that it is implemented in the way you described, but instead of 6 times per second it's 30 times per second.

kenji1134
kenji1134
17 posts
Blacksmith

So then how do you guys actually... you know... play the game when a single wave takes 10 minutes?

Total of 999 waves for endurance, say the first 9 go okay, the rest just bog down the game engine too much and take the aforementioned 10 minutes... So that is ... 165 hours?... for endurance...

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

Endurance takes 3-5 hours with breaks.
These players, with 10 minutes/wave give too much attention to grades, summoning, blah-blah-blah.
Reliable grade 30 is enough to finish endurance with notable exp.
50+ grade gems, which lag the game simply by existence - overkill and waste of time.
It boils down to this:
1. you bother with getting 50+ grade gems. Your exp rises steadily AND slowly
2. You skip waves, stopping only for heating sparks - your exp doesn't change at all. THEN, at the end, your exp skyrockets due to having enormous manapool XP multiplier (average endurance has about 20+ exp sparks) and instant recharge timers.

zzxxzz3
zzxxzz3
72 posts
Jester

The lag is caused by high grade (40+) red-aspect traps firing at 20K+ shots/second, hitting hundreds or thousands of monsters with each shot, and not killing any of them. You could probably get away with 100K+ monsters on the field if all they were doing was running to your kill gem and dying instantly.

For the most part, those insane mana farms are more used in things like trying to get a grade 60 gem in the first 15 waves, etc, than actually beating endurance by farming alone. You can't really get 20K monsters on the field at once unless you freezelock a bunch.

If the lag ever gets unplayable, zoom out and pull all your gems except for the kill gem.

stickpag
stickpag
47 posts
Peasant

Grade 30? i lost wave 200 something even Before endurance had started with grade 41 gems.

Haven't tried looming with only orb trait but that multiplier would hardly be worth it unless you had like 10 billion raw xp(You get that??)

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

I'm still wondering: Is there a general way to get maximum XP from Endurance? And here's a question I've had for quite some time now: What's a good way to set up a working mana farm which gives some sort of boost?

dfnord
dfnord
26 posts
Farmer

@ThomasSpeedrunner There is non maximum experience. You can enrage monsters beyond belief, as long as you have WoE , and perma freeze, you will kill them all, eventually. The more ammount of xp you get is only limited by your patience. For resonable xp, Endurance may be just a waste of time, due to XP reduction.

TheLaw118
TheLaw118
30 posts
Nomad

Hmm, another patch, another WTF? moment. They made it so shadows you summon will probaly appear in endurance. THAT BEATS THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF THE TRAIT. I mean really, I did not waste my cores to HAVE to continue into endurance mode. Who suggested that?

So what i do, if theres no shadows by the last wave, i exit the map. Not worth losing my cores if no shadows appear. He broke prob the best trait.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Hmm...what's a good way to get high-rarity talisman fragments?

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

Can non-premium player which is near endgame test "gift gem" code?
It gives 2 random(? need testing) gems of grade 1, possibly provides player with the color, which you don't have access to, like red.
Potentially can be useful for non-prem players to get chain by duplicating free red gem.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

It could be the way that Wild Gem returns from GCL. That thing was useful when you wanted a gem type you didn't have, and it's even better here since you can't pay mana to unlock gem types and instead must have the skill, thus making chain hit for non-premium players available only on the fields it's enabled by default.

I still want to unlock the rest of the compass levels so I can get mah rewards and stuff. Also, just got a rarity 30 talisman fragment from a high-level Glaring run on field F1 with talisman rarity boost activated. Gives the following in the order they're listed:
- Extra damage to swarmlings
- Percentage of wizard level goes to initial XP and mana (yay!)
- Faster mana shard harvesting speed
- Extra damage to giants

Pretty nice fragment, in my opinion.

zzxxzz3
zzxxzz3
72 posts
Jester

If you think that's nice, just wait until you complete a maxed traits haunting run on like Y4 or something and get 3 fragments in the 90s...

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Oooh...that sounds pretty epic.

Too bad I'm not gonna be able to do that for a while since I don't even have Haunting difficulty unlocked =V

Which brings me to a question: How do I unlock Haunting difficulty? I have the Magician's Pouch.

Showing 346-360 of 465