ForumsGames[GENERAL] GemCraft CS Thoughts

465 152793
iladesta
iladesta
7 posts
Peasant

I was curious what everyone thinks of the game so far? Likes, Dislikes? Found any bugs yet?

• 465 Replies
ifju
ifju
91 posts
Shepherd

Well, I think you already played this game way too much, thereby your progress got non-existent. That happens in every game - in like 20-50 hours.
And what if once the game gets balanced (now it's still not), new modes will appear, higher xp's, new stages, etc. If I were dev, I'd do that.

Poghy
Poghy
27 posts
Shepherd

I think that anyone who comments stuff like "bloodbound is OP" clearly havent played haunting with maxed traits past wave 300. Monster health grows so rapidly that pure yellow or yellow-white cant keep up with damage.

I dont know if Peter wants endurance to be unbeatable, but Im certain that he wants us to kill the monsters WITH GEMS in a gemcraft game. If he nerfs black that wont be possible, but its likely that shrinres or WoE will be nerfed again.

IMO loot is the key to replayability, so talisman fragment droprate and affixes should be reworked.

ValcornLv2
ValcornLv2
7 posts
Shepherd

perhaps all gem colors are OP, perhaps everything should be nerved that only blue gems are left and all other things are removed. Placing blue gems in prebuild towers is fine too.

ValcornLv2
ValcornLv2
7 posts
Shepherd

forgot to mention talismans. There should be only lv 1 - 5, more is OP and kills the game

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

You know how much shadow cores is needed to upgrade lvl 100 talisman fragments to max? And, you can BUY them!

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

perhaps all gem colors are OP, perhaps everything should be nerved that only blue gems are left and all other things are removed. Placing blue gems in prebuild towers is fine too.

forgot to mention talismans. There should be only lv 1 - 5, more is OP and kills the game

Get out. Get out now. Are you even aware of what OP means? Probably not, judging from these posts. You're begging for the game to die off by posting these.
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

I WANT to play this game way too much @ifju.

I spent at least over 200 hours+ on GC0 over 3 months because it was that good. I just wish this would not start falling behind it. Until the nerfs, it was better. Now it's barely equal.

ifju
ifju
91 posts
Shepherd

You're already getting close to 200 hours in this game. Just sayin'.
Even if it was released in the current form, you would still play this much.
Because it is good stuff and you are that type of player.
Even if big changes come, you will still play it. Probably less, okay.
But deep inside you know it too, that the game still needs massive changes to be what it wanted to be, without the unintended flaws.
What did you like before? Zillion xp's and million Wizlevels with billion starting manas? You can't seriously say it was fine with the save file crashes and 20minutes loading times.
The game is 3 weeks old, the big flaws have to be fixed this time. And they will be fixed for sure. Making 10 people sad, but in long term, fixing the game's health, is an obvious decision a dev has to make.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

I'm not one of those who had huge level. What I meant is, grinding xp is no longer rewarding? I support mostly the xp needs of flying ones and beacons, but this is freaking annoying. In that I need the equivalent of half a full non endurance haunting full traits to level up. I'm only level 3142. I might be wrong on estimate. Check, 2-3 hours over 90 days. So yeah well. And no I'm more like 100 or so.

AND NO. I wouldn't play if they needed bloodhound. There would be no point. No xp grinding. No fun mana farms. Killing bloodbound would kill the game. Period.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Holy balls...just got my first run with more than a million XP.

http://i.imgur.com/dWdNIdF.png

Yay.

pewpewsword12
pewpewsword12
24 posts
Shepherd

I actually think he is trying to make the game more balanced and last longer.

There are positives and negatives to the changes.
positives example: some major bug fixes
negatives: it is possible that the game is now a bit harder than those who played it from near-release. Examples- sparks reduction, exp nerf.

Low-leveled wizards have a tough time, but once you get higher, it gets easier. Level gain increases then decreases like a bell curve though. Im on the increasing. [lv500-->950 past 2 days after only playing 2-3 maps non-endurance]

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Ohey, I finally got the Wake of Eternity spell.

Now to see if this has any sort of an effect on how well I can do in endurance...

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

shrine of blades is better since it doesn't banish

If you've got monster with LOW hp regen (less than 1%/min or so) use shrine of venom on it and then shrine of blades twice. Watch dying.

Mindtruster
Mindtruster
3 posts
Nomad

I'd like to share an intermediate strategy that still works for me after beating the game.

Most builds for mana farming gems involve chain hit. This one doesn't and instead employs beam, which may be good for non-premium players. Another advantage is that it is rather CPU-friendly.

Right at the beginning of a stage, I place a dual orange-white gem. In perfect conditions, the level will have one or few entrances and/or allow me to build the tower near the entrance. The latter is important since by the end of the stage I usually end up overkilling anything that moves.

The rest is simple: place the OW gem at the entrance so that the beam range covers the monsters as soon as they appear. Add a few gems by the orb for protection. Then all you have to do is keep the beam in the OW tower active as much as possible. With the beam skill high enough, this means a permanent beam for your farming tower, which results in both impressive mana and a lot of gem hits if you plan to add bloodbound to the mix.

With this strategy, my current highest gem grade is at 30+, highest mana at 200+ billion and highest battle exp is at 200+ million (raw) or 130+ billion (total), at level 1700+. All without ever entering endurance. Not as impressive as some of the builds described in this thread, but suitable for beginners. This strategy should be enough to beat anything outside endurance.

As for the battle gems, RWY currently works the best for me.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

RBY better. and how did you get W and R if you non premium? And if you premium, ROBB. Trap. Or at LEAST, OB in tower beam. W again is premium, so non premium can't use it. :/

Showing 436-450 of 465