ForumsGames[GENERAL] GemCraft CS Thoughts

465 152794
iladesta
iladesta
7 posts
Peasant

I was curious what everyone thinks of the game so far? Likes, Dislikes? Found any bugs yet?

• 465 Replies
Brew78
Brew78
17 posts
Farmer

Well, glad we got that cleared up :-D
Is there any documentation from the devs?
I try to RTFM when possible but their main page has no information on this game other than some blog posts about it, and the game page here on armorgames just has the list of keyboard shortcuts.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

No, it is the same for the most part. except for it doesn't stack over ridiculous distances like the past games.

I'd really like to know what this means, 'cause I never saw an example of this in Labyrinth.
thebigbox
thebigbox
61 posts
Blacksmith

My first perfect talisman http://oi61.tinypic.com/261ivk7.jpg

Brew78
Brew78
17 posts
Farmer

I'd really like to know what this means, 'cause I never saw an example of this in Labyrinth.

Assuming this is the same thing he's talking about, here's an example.

In CGL when attempting a mana farm endurance run that's maybe still a bit too difficult for the map, you sometimes get a solid mass of creeps shuffling between the entry point(s) and the Orb. Its the point where the mana income from the farm matches the banishment costs of the creeps and you either make a strong enough gem to start killing them, or you'll lose within the next few waves.

If you throw down a very high level Chain Hit / Slow gem into a trap, you'll sometimes see the cold effect warp and jump around the map as it travels the length of its chain.
shadownebula
shadownebula
18 posts
Blacksmith

Just wondering has anyone just spammed freeze on low cooldown just for exp? in my last game my freeze was down to 0.3 cooldown and just freezing ~13k monsters gave me ~34k exp.

thats only about 13 waves raged to 999 monsters, if someone had a computer that could handle a much larger amount of monsters with out lagging, would this be a viable way of getting large amounts of exp?

other notes: i done this on glaring difficulty with 6 maxed traits, no MP,

pewpewsword12
pewpewsword12
24 posts
Shepherd

If you throw down a very high level Chain Hit / Slow gem into a trap, you'll sometimes see the cold effect warp and jump around the map as it travels the length of its chain.

Yes. In addition, even on low level gems you can see the green chain go farther than GC:CS.
shadownebula
shadownebula
18 posts
Blacksmith

well the 1.0.14 update just redefined the meta for getting high levels of exp, with both shrines and prism cascade spark nerfed are the earlier exp levels attainable anymore?

danieln92
danieln92
11 posts
Shepherd

No kidding, endurance just got much, much more difficult, if you want those really massive amount of xp.

pewpewsword12
pewpewsword12
24 posts
Shepherd

I should have just left my browser open when the game was launched.

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

With maxed Freeze and some +skill talisman fragments I still have close to permafreeze build (12-19 duration, 13,3 recharge), though I think that swarmling trait shouldn't be used now.

kenji1134
kenji1134
17 posts
Blacksmith

Got a general Talisman question for you guys.

I've finally gotten around to getting a few 98-100 rarity fragments, and saw that they still only give +1 to all skills.
Not that +1 to all is bad... but does that effectively mean the hard cap for skills is lvl 60?

Namely, no way to get the initial gem cost to zero to really cut down the price of high grade gems eh...

Poghy
Poghy
27 posts
Shepherd

Yes the skill cap is 60 with +15 skills from talismans (BTW maxed Masonry still doesnt work, no instant socketing).

Permafreezing is stil possible, even with maxed swarmling domination trait.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

BTW maxed Masonry still doesnt work, no instant socketing

That would be OP. It really would.
Poghy
Poghy
27 posts
Shepherd

Not sure if trolling...

Instant socketing would spare some gem enchantment cooldowns and it would be helpful against gem resocketing giants, I dont see why is this OP.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

It would make gem resocketing giants useless, if they instant resocket xD.

Showing 406-420 of 465