ForumsGamesGemcraft CS Endurance

136 43458
Anarchie
Anarchie
1 posts
Shepherd

Hi,

in Gemcraft Lab I could go on in Endurance mode forever with Chain+Mana-Gems collecting Mana, enraging giant waves and some killing gems.
In CS it kills me pretty soon. Main problems I identify would be slow mana-collection and high armor.
I appreciate that endurance became limited but Id like some more chance for staying at least some longer.
Anybody found a good strategy for endurance?

• 136 Replies
DJFaust
DJFaust
20 posts
Nomad

Several enemies die, rest heal. They are still poisoned, though, so just keep repeating step 2 every few seconds..

The thing is, shrines recharge slowe and slower every time. Now I'm around 400 seconds for shrines in key locations.
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Get at least 1k monsters into shrine range to be efficient. Permafreeze. Use g24 on prism cascade sparks...g24 gem maxes all sparks but touch of wisdom which is infinite.

zzxxzz3
zzxxzz3
72 posts
Jester

The thing is, shrines recharge slowe and slower every time. Now I'm around 400 seconds for shrines in key locations.

Shrines take 5% longer to recharge after every use. So...don't use them until you've hit a ton of recharge sparks. You shouldn't need to use a single shrine until very late in endurance run anyway. You can just freezelock, and getting a kill gem that does 1E25 damage/second as backup isn't hard.

In order to get to 400 seconds you must've used your shrines like 30+ times without getting a single spark. Once you've hit 6-7 sparks, shrines will gain a few tenths of a second per use.
DJFaust
DJFaust
20 posts
Nomad

Hell yes I did it. Finally.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o102/DjFaust/Endurance1_zps997c6c4c.png

My first level 40 fragment. Anyway, I have enough of this game.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

you beat endurance? gratz! It's not too hard once you know how, but still, many gratz.

stickpag
stickpag
47 posts
Peasant

With only 141 waves called early i wouldnt bet on that.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Look at his cores. I got about 4600 over 999 waves. So that amt looks close enough...maybe he did it slowly, who knows? At the very least he got pretty far.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

also, hes on glaring, has cast almost 6K spells, and has made E21 mana(more than I ever did) so yeah, i think he beat it, although slowly.

stickpag
stickpag
47 posts
Peasant

its way harder to beat it slow than fast, if you actully try to keep with gems strong enough to kill the monsters coming you need to farm insanely much, for a long period of time and milk every wave. And i have reached the same amount of mana by skipping to the last waves of endurance, and that amount of mana is not not enough to make gems strong enough to beat em. I still think those stats are weird if he really did beat all 999 waves, not that this matters.

a few days ago you were showing of grade 60's at wave 15 i believe, did you reach grade 100+? I believe wave 999 would require around grade 150 to beat with just gem power

shinigaminokuro_hikari
shinigaminokuro_hikari
7 posts
Nomad

I'm only able to get about 12b exp off a field and im level 1545, I always have bad luck with my shrines never being what i need them to be to farm hardcore exp/mana

stickpag
stickpag
47 posts
Peasant

You dont use shrines to farm mana thou, xp, maybe, Gremlion seems fond of this method but i reached level 3000 quite easily by angering waves and killing them. For level 4k i reckon the same method but in a much greater length, but i am not going for 4k since the gain is too little in comparison to the time it would take.

Read previous posts for tips and strategies on that

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

I'm not fond, it is completely legit and good way to get exp. At the point where I posted this, though, 1 gem in exp shrine could give twice as much exp as enraging 999 giants wave, without needing to kill anything AND without needing to pause game for mass gembombing = 2-4 times faster exp gain. Also, enraging has overflow hp cap, shrines - don't.

stickpag
stickpag
47 posts
Peasant

Depends how much you anger thou, the amount i get from angering is more than u got from the shrine, but its true what u say about the hp cap, in the long run u would have to use shrines anyway since the waves are limited.

on a ss u showed 5m xp from 1 shrine usage, thats 200 usages for 1b. i get several billions from angering a single wave so no, its not faster at all.

I dont get what u mean with angering 999 giants wave, do u only anger til monster cap? each bomb dropped adds about 3k xp per monster, thats about 3m more xp per wave ( per bomb ). For my longest xp run i dropped 800 bombs on about 15 waves, just to see what the gain would be, and i reached 75b raw xp from that, and the max amount i could get from the wisdom shrine per use was 2 million, and even then i had so many monsters that the game lagged hard. the angering method i just killed 4-5 waves at a time, no lagg and if i dont anger waves with hp regen they were killed quite fast.

I'm still not convinced to use wisdom shrine at all for high leveling purposes, how much do you xp per time unit do you get?

Focaccina
Focaccina
1 posts
Peasant

Hi, i'm level 1572 and i'm starting endurance (haunting).

I use red/orange/white/black for mana farm and yellow/red/white to do dmg. It's pretty easy to go through the first 150 waves, in the first 100 i even enrage like 40 times with 15grade but then the hp of the monsters is just too high. Giants got like 5B and swarmlings 5M, so i can't enrage giants at all. Furthermore, in endurance, giants starts to explode and force my gem to be resocketted like every second.

My best exp attempt is 5B on field F6, got a 46grade gem and wave ~200. Any suggestion in changing mana farm gems or something would be appreciated
PS: i've never used shrines

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

read about manafarms. There is lots of stuff here on forum. Use orange/black/red (no white!) manafarm with orange amplifiers.

Showing 121-135 of 136