ForumsGamesGemcraft CS Endurance

136 43453
Anarchie
Anarchie
1 posts
Shepherd

Hi,

in Gemcraft Lab I could go on in Endurance mode forever with Chain+Mana-Gems collecting Mana, enraging giant waves and some killing gems.
In CS it kills me pretty soon. Main problems I identify would be slow mana-collection and high armor.
I appreciate that endurance became limited but Id like some more chance for staying at least some longer.
Anybody found a good strategy for endurance?

• 136 Replies
DJFaust
DJFaust
20 posts
Nomad

I also get much more tha 10 million exp for these, but didn't even start playing endurance yet. Take your time.

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

@thunderrider
Check your facts, bloodbound can be amplified.

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

With this in mind, the actual challenge becomes: what is the fastest you can beat endurance? As @executionercom mentioned, it may not be the most efficient way of getting XP, but it is certainly a challenge.

X4 on maxed settings - 2 hours.
stickpag
stickpag
47 posts
Peasant

I am about lv 500 atm and i am in vain trying to get huge amounts of xp on X4(since it has wisdom shrine) but angering ended up killing me.

So i saw somewhere the armor of the monsters should be your mana gem dmg*2 and this actully was a pretty good approximation in the beginning of the game but by the wave of 70 this tactic bit me in the *** and i lost. i had gotten 7m raw xp so far (not even used shrine yet, waiting until endurance start which was wave 184) so i got disappointed losing there.

So, how do you anger pretty much? what grade gems in relation to your kill/mana gem and what grade is your mana and kill gem in relation to each other? my kill gem ended up being grades higher than my mana gem to keep up with the monsters i angered to have armor level=manadmg*2

stickpag
stickpag
47 posts
Peasant

*edit* Third paragraph,. "What grade gems in relation to your kill/mana gem should you anger with" - why no edit option?

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Once your farm has damage past the billions it is ridiculously stupid to base your angering on that. Base it on HP except for the first 10 waves, or less. HP should be your killgem * its multiplied damage rounded to the nearest 100 rounded up(so they take 2 hits). If its too hard(probably) do hp as 200-500 times mana trap damage(max dmg)

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

Currently angering in endurance = waste of RL time.
Main exp in endurance lies in heating Exp spark + Spell spark.
Let's take base exp - 200 exp per monster. angering to 999 - 200k exp for wave. Even doubling 200 to 400 wouldn't do much - 400k exp. enraging to 1M per wave - basically, 100 clicks on pause to get 600k exp.
60k exp per cast with 0.1 cd - 10 clicks to get 600k exp without pause and without wasting time for killing enraged wave.
Good placement of Wisdom shrine - 5M with 0.1 cd.
Currently sanest tactic - simply ctrl-clicking endurance, freezing monsters, heating sparks. You don't even need 40+ grade gems, getting grade 30 reliably is enough. Main lag is from Chain gem, upgrading it beyond grade 45 kills FPS. When I finished 999 at X4 maxed haunting, my manafarm consisted of 2 24grade gems Mana-Slow-Chain-Blood near shrine of venom.
X4, imo, is the best field for starting endurance - there is nice place for chokepoint between shrines of wisdom, blades, venom.
Grade 30 gem in venom shrine + couple of WoE would kill any flier.

zzxxzz3
zzxxzz3
72 posts
Jester

How much HP do the last few waves have, out of curiousity? Did you check?

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Any way to get a poolbound shrine with 0.1 sec recharge? I got an armor tear with 22.5 after g47...how?

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

spell spark decreases cd on shrines

stickpag
stickpag
47 posts
Peasant

ended up with 10.5 billion exp on G6, about 150m raw xp(haunting, all traits except mana lock). reached lv 1314.

Think i got enough to do those grade 50 by wave 15 runs now? i have spent way to much time on gemcraft today but i would like to reach level 2k asap :3

stickpag
stickpag
47 posts
Peasant

Also, i dont see how u got 5m a hit with wisdom, when i finally had a widsom shrine i Max got up to 1m a hit, with lvl 34 gems which i later on had to change to lv 30 to not run out on mana (lv 40 something mana gem couldnt keep up with that)

with grade 24 mana farm how the hell could u get 5m a hit? i was hitting around 15k mobs (which totally wrecked my fps)

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

I know grem. I got cool down of22.5 with grade 47. How did u get 0.1? Grade 75+?

zzxxzz3
zzxxzz3
72 posts
Jester

I know grem. I got cool down of22.5 with grade 47. How did u get 0.1? Grade 75+?

You need to hit 5-6 sparks.
zzxxzz3
zzxxzz3
72 posts
Jester

Got 58B on X4 (which earned only me 103 levels...but I stopped angering heavily for the last 150 waves) and decided to take it to endurance. Worked ok, but very slow, so I got bored and quit. The monsters that completely heal their friends on death are such a pain.

I'm not sure if anyone is patient enough to beat endurance without a shrine of venom. Seems to be the key. It's theoretically possible to farm your way there, but the lag generated by very high level traps will wreck even the best comp...

Showing 76-90 of 136