ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: Crusade for a Grade 100 Gem

496 148359
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Hi, I am level 3142, and I am going to be the first to get a grade 100 gem.

http://i.imgur.com/LPI5mar.jpg

How did I get specs obscenely high? Well, thanks to this dude over here...

One important thing to note is how to create dual gems. Adding two grade one's them spamming U is losing about 33% special power.

Optimal creation is a G1 of both, combine, make a G2 of each, add one pure to each dual, combine the G3s, duplicate, and repeat with pure G4s, duplicate the 6, etc.

here is the difference at g34:
Regular creation:
http://prntscr.com/3dgs2c

Special Mix:
http://prntscr.com/3dgs6k

Note that the hit count is the same, and the cost to duplicate is the same. This is a difference of 32.9%, and this difference keeps rising at higher levels. It's only a 16% difference at grade 6. It takes a decent amount of time, but it is worth it at ultimate grades (45+).

I now have huge specs. It takes me about 20-30 seconds real life time to get +1 grade. So a minute before +2(needed if want extra specs). I estimate my specs to be about 80% higher than normal, at least blood is.

PS- Level 46 amps got the spec treatment too, they are wicked.
  • 496 Replies
mafilux
mafilux
22 posts
Shepherd

WoE should be able to kill them, call all 3 waves at once and it should fill up the freeze bar. if you can perm freeze them for a while and WoE them as well, you should be able to do it

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

maybe another day ...

at the moment i am pissed off with field C4 (haunting).
i tried it four times now, every time there were at least 2 grey beasts.
and when i managed to nearly kill one, the other monsters reached my orb
and game over. + shadows + purple thieves. enough is enough ....

jnyx
jnyx
6 posts
Nomad

After hitting a wall at ~1e24 mana, I came up with the following strategy (one may call it a cheat as well
1) get Autohotkey or similar, make macro like
loop{
send {1}
click}
(bonus points if you set a break condition
2) max freeze skill so you can permafreeze
3) do a reasonable fast playthrough with manafarming, but leave a couple
of waves of the non-endurance part (you need as many mobs as your
pc can handle over your manatrap at 9x speed)
4) anger the last waves to the point at which your manatrap will never kill
them
5) use freeze spell to concentrate mobs over your manafarm
6) adjust macro timing/click position so that it permafreezes everything at 9x
speed
7) return every so often to upgrade your manafarm with effort-free mana

jnyx
jnyx
6 posts
Nomad

After some 30 hours of perma-frozen manafarming I could make the final upgrade to a G100e:

http://s4.postimg.org/3v32c4ucb/amplified.jpghttp://s4.postimg.org/v6ybdgz2z/unamplified.jpg
(upper pic is with 6*G98e amplification)

I am running v.18 and used gem creation and upgrade (16-combine) techniques described in psorek's end game guide, so credits go to him and everyone who contributed to his guide.
My Manapool is at level 71, and i guess it will take my pc another 6 hours to farm the mana to upgrade my killgem (currently G79e) accordingly.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

It doesn't count, because you used a macro.

jnyx
jnyx
6 posts
Nomad

I agree that I used an exploit - one that could be easily diabled by game mechanics, e.g. by having shadows/spires spawn after the last wave started. Without macroing I wouldn't even have tried to go past 1e25 mana, and setting up Autohotkey for upgrading/bombing/freezing felt way more interesting than a manual grind for mana. Getting to G100 with perma-freeze is not a question of skill, but of time and perseverance. I posted more to show the gem stats that can be reached when going extreme, and in no way I am claiming some sort of accomplishment by this.

BTW: I hope you throw every gem bomb by hand

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

@jnyx
Macroes are OK for me, I just waited when somebody does it Congratullations for truly completing the game!

Could you build the killgem and post your exp after run?

jnyx
jnyx
6 posts
Nomad

Sure, but probably I won't let my pc &quotlay" this weekend. Do you have an estimate what grade for the killgem is necessary to beat endurance (v.18)?

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

No update to endurance in 0.18? Did i miss something?

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

@jnyx: no idea, I can only compute approx. growth in damage per grade, you have to check last wave HP and divide it by ~1000 (about how many hits you are able to give to monster) - it's your gem damage you have to reach.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Jnyx I use B+shift to bomb.

cronos51
cronos51
108 posts
Nomad

Yay, finished my run which was probably the last one.
(started that right when 1.0.18 was out)

I did that in two parts:
(a) 64-combine til G100, scripts for bombing and freezing
(b) then I learned about the 1024-combine, decided to try to understand it and build a script. As I don't have any programming skills, I had to 'tanslate' it rather than to parse it. It took me more than a day to reach that - but it was fun to build the grapic representation and to see that the script worked in the end. I destroyed my 64-combine gems then and rebuild them in 1024.

@jynx, congrats to being the first to get there. I wanted to compare 16-combine to 64-combine at G100. At that point I realized you must have accidentally stopped at about G99?
Talking about 'achievements', I'm right with you btw

The (0,9375 x) G100 64-combine with reduced R looks like that (G98 amps):
http://i57.tinypic.com/awc02f.jpg

I forgot to take pics to compare to 1024. I think that amps and gem are each are about 1,5 better

I waited and waited and waited and build a 1024-combine G105 killgem then (G103 amplifiers):

http://i58.tinypic.com/4gln3n.jpg

Enraging with G89-G91 to 1E+52/1E+53 I got 36,4E+12 XP. That made me jump from 3327 to 3482.

Final note: 'Understanding' the 1024 was my achievement here - and the real fun. Having a script for 'everything' demystifies things quite a lot and longterm fun heavily dcreases

@psorek: I'm deeply disappointed you didn't ask me for a graphic for the 1024 combine. Apparently you didn't trust me.
And thanks again! As without you these crazy things wouldn't have been possible.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Again, macroing stuff takes the achievement out for me. What's the point if a computer does it?

Hmm....two G100s, both with macros. Will I be the first non macro then?

Also, not hating, just saying, there should be 2 categories, 1 macro, 1 w/o.

jnyx
jnyx
6 posts
Nomad

@cronos51: Good catch with my grade, seems I have forgotten to account for the headers in my mana cost spreadsheet when looking at row 100; my posted gem is indeed G99e. May I ask what program you used for scripting, as the combination of Flash/Autohotkey for me tends to drop clicks even with game paused, resulting in miscombinations when upgrading.
When you say

with reduced R
I assume only one duplicate for your first upgrade cycle has a red commponent?
bobbybaby
bobbybaby
15 posts
Nomad

Thunderrider, the skill isn't clicking the mouse thousands of times. I'm by no means a programmer but the fun for me increased massively just by using a macro to help enrage. It got a bit boring spending 5 minutes enraging every wave, and when I found I could do it with a macro in about 20 seconds I was much more interested in playing again.

A boring repetitive action done by a person is no different to a boring repetitive action done by a macro. You may think that there is some greater achievement in doing it without aids, I just think it's a bit dumb to waste so much time!

Showing 421-435 of 496