ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: Crusade for a Grade 100 Gem

496 148358
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Hi, I am level 3142, and I am going to be the first to get a grade 100 gem.

http://i.imgur.com/LPI5mar.jpg

How did I get specs obscenely high? Well, thanks to this dude over here...

One important thing to note is how to create dual gems. Adding two grade one's them spamming U is losing about 33% special power.

Optimal creation is a G1 of both, combine, make a G2 of each, add one pure to each dual, combine the G3s, duplicate, and repeat with pure G4s, duplicate the 6, etc.

here is the difference at g34:
Regular creation:
http://prntscr.com/3dgs2c

Special Mix:
http://prntscr.com/3dgs6k

Note that the hit count is the same, and the cost to duplicate is the same. This is a difference of 32.9%, and this difference keeps rising at higher levels. It's only a 16% difference at grade 6. It takes a decent amount of time, but it is worth it at ultimate grades (45+).

I now have huge specs. It takes me about 20-30 seconds real life time to get +1 grade. So a minute before +2(needed if want extra specs). I estimate my specs to be about 80% higher than normal, at least blood is.

PS- Level 46 amps got the spec treatment too, they are wicked.
  • 496 Replies
InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

I still don't get it, so explain like I'm five years old. =P

Is mana farming better now, or effectively unchanged, or worse? Assuming amplified orange-white-red and orange-black-red in traps.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

It seems to be unchanged in efficiency.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Test V1.0.17

gem - G47 ORB = G62e

156.194 trillion/hit
Monsters hitted so far: ~3,836

= 599 Quadrillion per hit

Actual = ~1.8 quintillion

But my speed is 7k shot/sec? Wtf? It said every shot will count or something..? So actually V1.016 best because more bloodbound hits.

LarsoPaso
LarsoPaso
3 posts
Farmer

Unless you spend weeks of farming mana, i think t100 is unrealistic. This gem is from a game i spent a week playing 3-4 hours a day.
http://i.imgur.com/JR4WIMS.jpg

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

First, omit blue. Second, do supergemming. Third, my managem has same mana with half the bloodbound, no slowing, at grade 78 equiv. Or more, I forgot.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

Like thunderrider said, only add blue/red gems NEXT to the red/orange mana gem.

borthelcash
borthelcash
104 posts
Peasant

Alright, this is my absolute BEST attempt (.17c);

http://s22.postimg.org/oi9ccav81/managain_final.png
http://s30.postimg.org/ow1hetbtd/g94final.png

Grade 94e gem with grade 89e amps. Output per target is ~127 quintillion per hit, and the top image is the mana gain per frame with 1998 monsters hit. Hit level is 39. I'm confident no one has ever farmed as many hits on one single gem. I could upgrade the amps to match, and maybe surpass cronos' grade 94, but fitting that into making the killgem would take too much time since vacation related stuff happens in 4 days.

So, I call all high-level players to attempt a final completion of the crusade in my stead.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD please post regular sized gem pictures! I DONT CARE if they take up as much room as the entire page, but i wanna see it

Cmon borthel, stop making your pics so small that only people who have never played computer games before(eg: 20/20 vision or even better) can see it.

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

Grade 71 gem ... Black-orange-red
Damage: 5.59568206452789e22 - 3.24619934095993e24
364410.44 shots per second
127394.57 chain hit length
Leeches 1.27195522573008e22 mana per hit
Bloodbound x72309.10 to damage and specials
Hits : 4,234,571,972 Kills: 10
Mana value: 5.34790096971284e29

Relevant info. If you really want to know the bonus from amplifiers, and the other information I didn't type from borthel's gem, lower your resolution and scroll around to see it.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Thanks. Still its easier for him to just not shrink his pics. I mean, mine are a respectable size. ð

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

am i blind or do i miss something.
the gem in the screenshot is grade 71 or not ?

and what is a grade 94e gem anyway ?

totally confused.

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

That is rather easy, smario.

If you start off with 32 Grade 1 gems, and just combine them all into 16 Grade 2 gems, then 8 Grade 3, then 4 Grade 4, 2 grade 5, and one last grade 6 gem, it has a certain mana cost.

If you start off with those same 32 Grade 1 gems, and follow the Killgem or the Managem recipes in psorek's high end guide, you end up with a Grade 5 gem that has the exact same cost as that above grade 6 gem. While this new gem is Grade 5, its cost-equivalency is Grade 6 .. so it can be referred to as Grade 6e.

Repeated upgrades using a 16 or 64 gem upgrade plan, raise the cost by a factor of 16 or 64 (that is, by 4 grades or 6 grades, respectively) but the grade itself is only raised by 3 or 5 points. This eventually results in a gem whose listed Grade is much lower than the cost would suggest.

By calling it a 94e, he is saying that the gem costs what a G1 gem, where you just hit U 93 times on (raising it to Grade 94) would cost. He basically spent the mana it would have taken to achieve a Grade 94 gem, even though due to upgrading techniques the gem's listed Grade is lower.

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

thanks for the explanation.

i surely spend a lot of time with this game, but you guys must have endless patience to run 200+ waves while due to the immense action on the screen it must be very slow.

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

I run at 9x speed if I am simply trying to speedrun through a stage's base waves, either for shadow cores, or to beat the stage at a given difficulty level.

Otherwise, I run at 1x speed. The most monsters I've had on screen was around 5500 (give or take) according to the monster indicator on screen. The only times I've had any real significant lag are when I use a high Hit/Sec gem with some Chain Hit in it, in a tower. Otherwise, 1x speed at 5500 monsters runs at least 95% as fast as 1x speed with only 50 monsters on screen, for my Dell XPS 8500 I bought some 21 months ago or so.

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

i won't compete with you .....

but i will try to find the secret of the S1 token.

i don't believe the S hex is for steam or the next in the series ...

maybe the solution is even more complicated than the compass thing (which i don't get btw, how did you ever find that out ?)

i for example tried to beat the F1 field only using spells , but it seems
the "Wake of eternity" spell can't kill the monsters alone. well, my skill for that test run was 45+10 ......

Maybe another unusual solution ....

Showing 406-420 of 496