Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Christian Movies

Posted May 2, '14 at 8:52pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,676 posts

Knight

"God's Not Dead", well it's kinda hard to die when you haven't existed in the first place...

Possible Spoiler; I haven't seen it personally but from what I hear the teacher get's hit by a car at the end, repents and dies.

A Matter of Faith

I just heard about this turd the other night. Well I was going to post the review I watched of this trailer but it seems the production studio has DMCA'd the video. It would seem they are filing DMCAs on any criticism against them.
"A Matter Of Faith" Studio Illegally Silencing Criticism

After watching a recent discussion with a rather dimwitted creationist I have been a bit fired up on the subject of evolution and creationism.

Posted May 2, '14 at 10:21pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,520 posts

It'll be hilarious when droves of people will try "Why do you hate God" in debates, and be shocked when it's met with "Why do you hate Vishnu, Zeus, Odin, etc."

"heh, I'll ask him why he hates god, and he will be trapped into admitting he believes in God! It's flawless!"

Posted May 2, '14 at 11:15pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

1) Christian propaganda: the movie

This thread was almost titled, "Christian Propaganda?" until I changed my mind.

I feel like, in the real world, with real people, and real atheists, the real response by everyone would have been "oh ok that's cool" or something along those lines.

As ridiculous and stupid as that was, I think it's a pretty real fear for a lot of Christians. They think that they're going to be attacked or something because they admit to being a Christian/believing in a god. The entire movie is that way from what I can tell - stereotypes and misconceptions of atheists, with Christians defending themselves and their beliefs against them.

it's not even allowed in the first place.

I know, right? Any teacher who tried this would get reprimanded or fired so quickly. The media would flip out too and it would be used as evidence of rising militant atheism by Christians for the foreseeable future.

in 3 sections of debates, if you won 2 times, you basically won the whole debate. in this film however, the one who won only once wins the whole debate, which i question as to how does this happen?

Not having seen the movie I can't say much about this, but it seems like the idea was that the student "won" because the teacher "actually" believed in God all along and was just an atheist "because he wanted to get back at God" and flipped out because he was "angry." None of the actual arguments ever won at all.

But, an evangelical movie is just bad, because this is spreading religion to non-believers, which is like spitting to the face of inter-religion tolerance.

That brings me back to the motives behind making the movie. Was it actually intended to spread Christianity to non-believers? Or was it to make a movie for Christians where their beliefs end up winning against atheism? I know my parents went to see it along with my siblings (I would have wanted to go if I had known :/).

It'll be hilarious when droves of people will try "Why do you hate God" in debates, and be shocked when it's met with "Why do you hate Vishnu, Zeus, Odin, etc."

Or a confused frown. I know that was my reaction the first time I was accused of being an atheist because I hated God.

last edited May 02 2014 11:16 pm by Kasic

Posted May 2, '14 at 11:32pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,005 posts

Knight

I really doubt it's going to convert many people. It seems to be intended to further entrench their beliefs in those who already are religious, or to strengthen the faith of the wavering flock. Would it really convert those who believe in other gods? Of course not. Atheists/Agnostics? No, I think not. It was badly crafted, badly written, cheesy, and highly biased. Anyone who's got a decent noggin on his shoulders can see that.

It's a double edged sword for them. It's only going to fire up the atheists/agnostics.  It might also turn off those sitting on the fence.

Posted May 5, '14 at 4:46am

mbbs112

mbbs112

174 posts

people are just making Movies of the sort since they are running out of ideas lol

Posted May 5, '14 at 2:30pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

Don't forget Heaven Is For Real, about the young son of a pastor who supposedly had a near-death experience and, among other things, saw Jesus riding a rainbow horse.

Posted May 6, '14 at 1:59am

mbbs112

mbbs112

174 posts

Dont bash any religion and learn to be Nice even though you dont share their view's.

Posted May 6, '14 at 2:14am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

In what way was that bashing?
"Colton also claimed that he personally met Jesus riding a rainbow-colored horse" -wiki

Posted May 6, '14 at 3:15am

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,210 posts

Don't forget Heaven Is For Real, about the young son of a pastor who supposedly had a near-death experience and, among other things, saw Jesus riding a rainbow horse.

I didn't really have any interest in seeing this movie in the first place, sounded like a dull super-inspirational movie that always end up kinda boring (need moar atcion Kappa).

But, really? A rainbow horse? I have little love for equines but I would see a picture of this.

Dont bash any religion and learn to be Nice even though you dont share their view's.

Assuming it is true, which I wouldn't be surprised it is, stating a fact is in no way bashing unless it is stated in such a way as to be deliberately harmful and with malice, Palpatine lacked both.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted May 7, '14 at 2:25pm

Somers

Somers

1,486 posts

I thought Braveheart was a good movie. Anyone with mel gibson is "Christian"

Reply to Christian Movies

You must be logged in to post a reply!