ForumsForum GamesYggdrasil II (a "Cut the tree" game)

110 20892
danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

Welcome to Ygdrasil II,A new version of This.
Now,as perrykid said:

First of all, the Yggdrasil is a magical tree of Norse mythology. Surely, if you cut this tree, you cut life to the world, yet the Norse believed that there were creatures constantly biting and picking at the tree, probably to scare somebody.

No memes
No posting own damage
One attack per turn,Enchantments exepted
If I ignore you, its because its a stupid attack, or broke a rule
No being an idiot
No girlfriend/Boyfriend attacks

Because this is a magical tree, there are a few things you can do that you couldn't with a normal tree.

Note that this is the standard for some of the attacks:

A chainsaw will do 1 damage. Try if you really run out of ideas.
A tree cutter also only does 1 damage.
Axe does 1 damage
Battle axe does 2 damage
Norse Battle axe does 3

If people get sued by the tree's friends, they simply lose health.

People get banned if they break a rule or do something that no one likes. And I am the one who decides who gets banned. Every new rules post I make will say who is banned or has died. Banned people are considered 'dead'

Dead people can't come back. It is very hard to die: You have 100 health and unless you do some sort of really dumb or weird thing that just manages to get under the rules, you will receive damage.

To make this a bit more fun, the tree starts off with loads of health. this means that people can do lots of damage(I will decide how much). I'll try to stay active a lot to keep the damage in check.

Yesiree.If you need to ask a question,Please ask.

Tree: 99,999,999,996,229.9 HP
Climate: Slight breeze and sunny
Defences:-15 Total fire dmg

Attackers:
09philj
HP:30/100
MP:50/50
Enchantments:None
JACKinbigletters
HP:25/100
Kanadam:
HP:1/100
MP:0/0
Pokemonrocks:
HP:100/100
Crickster:
Shoeminor:
Darkfire45:
MP0/50

Temporarily disabled:
None

Current dead/Banned:
None

Norse warriorsCreative,Epic players)
Ekalith
HP:100/125
MP:75/75
Duration:

FAQ:
None yet

• 110 Replies
kalkanadam
kalkanadam
797 posts
Peasant

Dan isnt active at all this isnt fun

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Can we get an update?

kalkanadam
kalkanadam
797 posts
Peasant

I see him posting on other threads but not on here

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Running Yggdrasil is hard work. As is, though, I will sub for him.

I build a cannon and fire it at the tree.

The cannon is too heavy to fire and falls short. Also, you didn't specify what you were firing it out of.
I apply herbicide to the tree. Edit: why don't i have mana? How do the enchantments work ? How do we use mana?

Er... shut your stupid, inquiring, constructively critical, valid point-making mouth. Also, have you any idea of the size of the Yggdrasil? The herbicide does next to no damage.
-5 HP
I attempt to use some coal to power a generator to power a quarry to mine the tree from the top down. (minecraft: Build craft [3 i think])

The ultra-HD, non-voxel nature of the tree causes your Minecraft to crash.
I sacrifice some of my blood to the gods to barter for some healing.

The gods heal you. For blood loss.
09philj's HP is now at 100%
I look around for any healing potions

You are eventually admitted to hospital and your ravings of "healing potions" and "Yggdrasils" are blamed on your terrible condition. They patch you up and send you on your way.
+25HP, 5HP every turn until injured or fully healed to JACK
i build a underground base to hide from thor while he's angry with me.

Your bunker remains sturdy until some of Jack's acid melts through. Thor doesn't notice, though, so you survive with only mildly painful acid burns.
-10HP for Crick
I take this forum,20 berkelium molecules and put it in the bark.

-50,000HP. Just kidding, this is magic bark and there are only 20 molecules so it fails miserably.
do i need a char sheet or do i just start yelling out attacks

No sheets needed.
I was the only force of destruction aka I was a shade and then I fused with a dragon made a darkness suit and gained 3000000 powers

You are now an Abomination, which means you are incredibly powerful (I still nerfed your powers, though, because it's meant to be a fresh start) but cannot fully control yourself. Your actions will often have huge amounts of collateral damage and you will not make many friends.
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I go off seeking to train myself in the ways of the hero so as to increase my capabilities and powers.

Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

I build a rainbow factory to turn rainbows from snag's rainbow factory into blades to cut yggdrasil slowly

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

Sry bout' the fact i left for a long time.

I will post the next thing soon.I just lost intrest for a while :O

Good thing im back

Thx for subbing me nerdsoft.You have my appreciacion

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I drop lots of explosives and flammable material around the tree. I then detonate them from far away.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

No problem. I decide to start wrapping the tree in a huge (400-metre) bundle of copper wiring. I also set up a very tall lightning conductor attached to a bunch of massive capacitors. Now... now I wait for a thunderstorm.

(If I still have my powers from the old series, I should be able to manipulate weather. Also, is ironbark conductive?)

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I activate an infinite improbability field in the area of the tree.

pokemonrocks126
pokemonrocks126
665 posts
Nomad

lets try something ive never even attempted before because CLEARLY NOTHING can go wrong right? (sarcasam) I shoot a lightning bolt at the tree

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

I will have a massive conductor set up right next to the tree. Please use that so I can finish my secret project.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

...And i huess i cant get to reeply after asll.
Well,nerdsoft,i think you'll have to sub fortr me.And add the carachersheet tihs time.
I just cant bring myself to do it.

kalkanadam
kalkanadam
797 posts
Peasant

You gone for good or nah if so nerdsoft why not start a new thread so
be easier

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Aight. One moment...
Current tree health: 99,999,999,992,252.8

I go off seeking to train myself in the ways of the hero so as to increase my capabilities and powers.

Hmm. Mind, body or soul? As in, do you want to train your mind (bonus to technology), body (bonus to anything involving your physical body) or soul (bonus to magic yo)? I need something to work with yo.
I build a rainbow factory to turn rainbows from snag's rainbow factory into blades to cut yggdrasil slowly

Unconventional. I like it! Of course, the tree will adapt but for now, that'll do a good amount of DoT.
Construction added: Rainblade Factory. -250 HP per turn.
-250 HP

I drop lots of explosives and flammable material around the tree. I then detonate them from far away.

The tree is mostly fine, but its roots and other weakspots are pretty damaged. Unfortunately, it is developing a resilience to explosives.
-75 HP
No problem. I decide to start wrapping the tree in a huge (400-metre) bundle of copper wiring. I also set up a very tall lightning conductor attached to a bunch of massive capacitors. Now... now I wait for a thunderstorm.

I know exactly what you meant here. Did I mention how handsome, amazing and clever you are?
Construct added: Power Coil (amplifies electricity-based attacks)
I activate an infinite improbability field in the area of the tree.

Status added: Improbability Field (random stuff happens every turn)
09philj loses his next turn after having been temporarily turned into some petunias.

lets try something ive never even attempted before because CLEARLY NOTHING can go wrong right? (sarcasam) I shoot a lightning bolt at the tree

Power Coil amplifies the damage.
-200HP
+ 25% damage due to Power coil
-50HP

Tree HP: 99,999,999,991,667.8
Conditions: stormy, Improbability Field active (random stuff happens)
Player Constructs: Rainblade Factory (-250HP every turn), Power Coil (+25% damage for electrical attacks)
Tree Buffs: resilience (-25% damage taken from a given attack type if the attack is used for more than one round in a row, stacking)
Tree Debuffs: none

You gone for good or nah if so nerdsoft why not start a new thread so
be easier

I'd probably balk after the end of the summer holidays.
Showing 76-90 of 110