ForumsGamesColony Weekend Parties

16 7620
EpicGamingFantasy
EpicGamingFantasy
15 posts
Nomad

Hello my Armored Knights!

Some of you might be asking ... What is Colony?
Well, back in the day, it was one of Armorgames' most popular games, as it was one of the first to offer online multiplayer, both PvP and against CPUs. For single player, an equally great campaign was included. It was a new RTS game, a tribute to Starcraft, and extremely well received. You can play it here. *click*

Never heard of it ... What happened?
Hackers have The game has been engulfed into the abyss by hackers, and while the problem seems to have been taken care of rudimentarily, the community has not regathered ever since. With just a little bit of love, Colony's fate could have been averted. However, to that time, our beloved Armorgames did not have the resources to do so. And for today, there simply are not enough players to warrant a hacker eliminating project of such size. Colony remains dead.

Why do you want to change that?
Prior to the attacks, Colony had been a fantastic community: A spreadsheet had been made *click*,
Clan sites had been established *click* and tournaments had been organized. *click*. The process of them dying out has been very painful, and it would be a shame to let such a great community vanish into oblivion. Furthermore, the chances to rescue the old values and to bring the game to its former glory are close to nonexistent. Several revival attempts have been initiated ever since, with little success. And that is why I am now mobilizing for a smaller, but more efficient achievement: Colony Weekend Parties.

What are Colony Weekend Parties?
This thread is like Colony's Town Centre. Players can specify time and date where they can play on and find other players. They can gather up to four players and carry out the games they have been wanting to go for ever since the attacks. These games do not have to be carried out on weekends, the date is entirely up to the group - However, on every weekend, I will get online. Ingame, I will be choosing 3 players that ready to play, and together we will be playing a round of the from now on weekly Colony Weekend Parties. These will be recorded and uploaded to Youtube. Here is our Playlist! *click*

My goal is not just Colony's Revival, but also setting a symbol for its existance. Join me in the first ever Colony Weekend Party!

| #001 - Saturday, 21st of June, 2014 | Colony Weekend Party

+-+-+ COMPLETED COLONY WEEKEND PARTIES +-+-+
CWP #001 - Deltalaser999 + Sum0fNothing VS Neym4rJr + Daikenkini | EGF
CWP #002 - dastert + BlackFire44 VS Daikenkini + eachday | EGF
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

http://armorblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/colonypicture.png

www.EpicGamingFantasy.com

• 16 Replies
ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Hmm...I've never played this game before, or even heard of it, but now that I see it, it seems favorably interesting...I'm in.

trying
trying
467 posts
Bard

Is that you fasty?

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

I loved this game back in the day. I played it for hours on end and I was halfway decent at one point.

Best of luck to you, I hope it works out.

EpicGamingFantasy
EpicGamingFantasy
15 posts
Nomad

See you guys tomorrow on the first ever Colony Weekend party! :-)

#001 - Saturday, 21st of June, 2014 | Colony Weekend Party

SumOfNothing
SumOfNothing
8 posts
Nomad

Colony may not be as popular as it was back in the day, I remember playing it years ago [2011] (not quite knowing nearly as much about it as I do now) and it was very popular, the lobbies were always full and that little scout Icon could be seen on the ArmorGames homepage for the longest time under popular games. However, there are a lot of people who still do come on Colony, and if you come on at the right time of day, not just on weekends, you can see plenty of people and starting a game is no problem. I do think it is a shame though, because it is ArmorGames most prolific game and my personal favorite flash game of all time. It is unique because it is multiplayer and has its own little community, and you can establish interactions and friendships with other players who all enjoy the same game and talk about strategies etc. But even though it will never be as popular, it still has a huge fanbase and we do not need a revival of any sorts or the scheduling of weekend games, just come on and check it out because it does retain a fanbase and there are people who still play, and if there are none, simply come back another time.
~SumOfNothing
Also please read my little article on this:
http://armorgames.com/community/thread/4437406/do-we-need-a-colony-2/page/61/
You can't miss it, it's the one with the gian A-25 Roman ^_^

Overcoming
Overcoming
1 posts
Nomad

I used to play this game a lot back in the day! =) Next Colony Weekend Party, I will participate!

EpicGamingFantasy
EpicGamingFantasy
15 posts
Nomad

The first ever Colony Weekend Party has taken place succesfully! You can find some information on the game below (does not contain spoilers), and here you can watch the full match!

http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/06/27/84782706/photos/Colony-Weekend-Parties/EGF%20-%20CPWS%20-%20Sidebody%20-%201.png

Interested in participating? Join me the following Colony Weekend Party next Saturday!

#002 - Saturday, 28th of June, 2014 | Colony Weekend Party

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

SumOfNothing wrote:

But even though it will never be as popular, it still has a huge fanbase and we do not need a revival of any sorts or the scheduling of weekend games, just come on and check it out because it does retain a fanbase and there are people who still play, and if there are none, simply come back another time.

This project is not limited to being a sole Colony revival mission. As I already said in the original post, this thread shall be something like a Town Centre - it shall help people both spectate and play great games, just the way they used to in the good ol' days. I want to increase the percentage of good games AND the overall number of games played each weekend. A secondary goal would be to help isolated players find their place in the community (and it seems to work!). I hope this clarifies why I have started the Colony Weekend Party Project! =)

PowerOfSauce
PowerOfSauce
502 posts
Shepherd

Has MBA become inactive as well?

I'm interested in playing during one of these weekend parties. I haven't been near the former peak of my 1v1 ability for years, but I think I would still know what I'm doing in 2v2 I'll be looking forward to this.

As for the video, the quality is really nice and I like the overall presentation of the whole thing I just have to wonder why not a single queen was built that entire game. Bombing meds is worth it

EpicGamingFantasy
EpicGamingFantasy
15 posts
Nomad

PowerOfSauce wrote:

Has MBA become inactive as well?

Not too long ago I have seen a "young" comment made by him on the colony page, and I believe I met him online. Not sure if he's still regularly playing though.

I'm interested in playing during one of these weekend parties. I haven't been near the former peak of my 1v1 ability for years, but I think I would still know what I'm doing in 2v2 I'll be looking forward to this.

I'll make sure to add you for the next one! And don't worry, my skills are long gone as well (if I ever had any).

As for the video, the quality is really nice and I like the overall presentation of the whole thing I just have to wonder why not a single queen was built that entire game. Bombing meds is worth it

I wish colony had a higher resolution :X However, in order to achieve [even] higher quality, I scaled Colony up to 1503x1080 resolution and reuploaded the video. THIS is really nice quality.

As for why I haven't sent in any black queens ... you can read in the chat that I had asked my ally whether or not to go for one, however he did not answer in time and in the end I decided not to I just felt too insecure ... one BQ would have been epic though. But hey my all-time favorite unit made it in decent amounts to the game! =P The Far Sniper!! (I wish Krin would patch Colony again just to make my long awaited modified Groditz ...)

Anyway, NEXT TOPIC!

And it's still Posso related ... a few years ago, him and me created a new Game Mode, called Joker Showdown. Some of you might have played it ... and for those who haven't: If you're sharp minded, you should be able to find out what it is with the help of Google =P But for now I will not reveal it. For the sake of granting the viewers a bit of variety and in order to demonstrate Colony's former unbelievable Greatness, I announce that the third Colony Weekend Party will be carried out in that new game mode (and thus require a bit more preparation). Posso, I would LOVE to have you in that one! I will post more information in this thread after the 2nd CWP.

| #002 - Saturday, 28th of June, 2014 | Colony Weekend Party | Game Mode: Normal 2v2

| #003 - Saturday, 5th of July, 2014 | Colony Weekend Party | Game Mode: Joker Showdown

P.S.: I have also established a small webs page dedicated to the Colony Weekend Parties ... I've just got so much more time than money ever since my school leaving examination that I do not know what to do =P

P.P.S.: Also yeah, ATM I equal one hyperactive person having a goooood day.

EpicGamingFantasy
EpicGamingFantasy
15 posts
Nomad

Our second Colony Weekend Party is over and it was awesome! You can find some information on the game below (does not contain spoilers), and here you can watch the full match! *click*

http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/06/27/84782706/photos/CWP%20-%20Table%202.png

Interested in participating? Join me the following Colony Weekend Party next Saturday!

| #003 - Saturday, 5th of July, 2014 | Colony Weekend Party | Game Mode: Joker Showdown

Need more information on Joker Showdowns? Here's an explanation to the Game Mode! *click*

Dirk25
Dirk25
33 posts
Jester

Its not that I don't like Colony.. its just the dependable factor that is placed on my teammate. :/ I am no good at these types of games. Except for Command And Conquer games (Plays that nearly my entire childhood and its fellow releases over the years.

I'd hate to put my teammate through my inability to defend my base successfully.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Dude yes, I'll try to make it if I can get back in time although I'll probably be too late. I was just checking in to see if a summer tourney was going on again

EpicGamingFantasy
EpicGamingFantasy
15 posts
Nomad

Hello my Armored Knights,

I have just "found out" that I cannot organise the 3rd Colony Weekend Party on the date i had it scheduled for due to shortage of time :/ I hereby postpone it by 3 weeks as I am gonna be kinda busy for a while.

I hope for your understanding,
Daiken

| #003 - Saturday, 26th of July, 2014 | Colony Weekend Party | Game Mode: Joker Showdown

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Yay I wasn't able to go anyways.

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

I was just checking in to see if a summer tourney was going on again

Nope I'm too lazy this year :P
Showing 1-15 of 16