ForumsWEPRIraq War

26 13372
R1a2z3e4
R1a2z3e4
116 posts
Shepherd

My friends you all are concerned with the condition of Iraq. The condition is becoming worst day by day. Innocence people are dying.

One question is rising in my mind that why U.N.O is not helping Iraq ?

• 26 Replies
PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

Middle east has been, is, and will always be a mess. Every country on planet Earth has its violence and social problems.

Countries already went to Iraq and helped them. They flushed out the rats, trained their police and militia's, built up schools and infrastructure. Guided them in public offices. Help set up a better life without Saddam. And now they have to prove their salt. If they want their country to be theirs and not held hostage by some terrorist organization, they are going to have to man up and fight back. The Kurds have done well enough by themselves and now that Iraq faces its first true challenge they need to step up. They have the man power and resources but lack courage.

It's not like they don't have help. The US has sent advisers, Iran promised help, and Kuwait may offer other support.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

The Americans need to take stock of the situation. They got the country in a right fix by devastating it militarily, and then starting off a wave of sectarian and millenarian violence. There are more than a million refugees who have still not returned, and social statistics look bleaker in some aspects than they were pre-war. Not to mention that nasty nasty Iraqi insurgency going on now. They've learn an extremely painful lesson that you simply cannot foist democracy onto a country, a country that had always been precariously balanced along its religious and ethnic fault lines, in the short span of a decade after you decapitate its leadership in a quick military stroke.

And the Kurds have done well because they're really just left alone. The central government can't attempt to strengthen their hand in the Kurdish lands if they're so wracked by the worsening military situation.

Why is the United Nations not helping Iraq? Well to start off, the world's greatest military power simply by passed UN condemnation of a potential invasion in 2003 by browbeating, blackmailing, or outright bribery,thereby circumventing the UN charter's integrity. And who wants to go into Iraq now? Those UN soldiers need feeding and paying. Anyway, the UN does have humanitarian missions in Iraq, but clearly they're not enough.

R1a2z3e4
R1a2z3e4
116 posts
Shepherd

It's not like they don't have help. The US has sent advisers, Iran promised help, and Kuwait may offer other support.

Okay I agree but when they will send help ? When the Iraq will destroy ? time is very less many parts of Iraq are under control of terrorists.

And who wants to go into Iraq now? Those UN soldiers need feeding and paying. Anyway, the UN does have humanitarian missions in Iraq, but clearly they're not enough.

But if the Iraq goes down it will have a great influence to many parts of the world. And the main objective of U.N.O is to maintain peace in the world, to take action against terrorism.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

But if the Iraq goes down it will have a great influence to many parts of the world. And the main objective of U.N.O is to maintain peace in the world, to take action against terrorism.

It's time to be a little more cynical and acknowledge that the UN cannot be expected to live up to its stated mission. It lives on the goodwill of its key members (Security Council) and contributions of the poorer nations (Bangladesh, Pakistan etc) who send in the most troops. Nine out of ten worldwide conflicts will not get the attention they warrant from the UN due to the UN's own feeble, divided strength, and because of local politics.

Will Iraq's implosion have an impact on that many parts of the world? Certainly it'll create the nightmare scenario of giving those Islamic fundamentalists a greater chance to establish their Caliphate, but really? I don't think there's that much to be worried about. I think Iraq will still be able to get its act together, and with Iran helping, who knows?
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

And to think that one year ago so many arabs cried that USA should go out. Its just show how the hate to USA in the entire world is baseless and made by the "dumb mob". A lot of arabic peoples cried that "Al-quaifa is protecting their homes" and how the "brave rebels fight the evil empire who came for thwir oil". But then when the threat arrive at their door stp, they suddenly change tgeir mind. "Why dont USA help?!" "Wher are they when you need them?!".

Its just so hypocrisial. I say, if USA will help Iraq, two months from now the same european hipsters will cry how USA is all offensive again and how wrong is it. I even read peoples who said that USAgive money to the rebels so "USA can kill more arabs".

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Pardon the generalization, but I don't think most want the Americans back. They're just resentful that the Americans ever came in the first place.

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

Pardon the generalization, but I don't think most want the Americans back.

Call me insane, but i kinda want them to rejoin in 2018, so i have something to fight in the military when i join.

All im saying on this topic, because i dont have enough information to say something helpful.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Call me insane, but i kinda want them to rejoin in 2018, so i have something to fight in the military when i join.

When you join the military....you'll realise the importance of life. Makes you think more about it once you cradle a rifle lol.
Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

When you join the military....you'll realise the importance of life. Makes you think more about it once you cradle a rifle lol.

Im not saying that isnt true, but i understand more about life than most kids my age. Im a hunter. Every time i shoot and it lands, i call it a harvest of meat, not a kill. And when i reach the harvest, i A. make sure it is dead, and if not end it quickly and B. Thank it for its meat and feeding me and my family, and wish that its spirit is safe where ever it goes.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Hunting deer is different from killing another human.

And yes, you are crazy for wishing a war to happen, just because you wish to have something to do in the army.

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

And yes, you are crazy for wishing a war to happen, just because you wish to have something to do in the army.

I have lost ALL sense of sanity in my life, so im OK with that
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Im not saying that isnt true, but i understand more about life than most kids my age. Im a hunter. Every time i shoot and it lands, i call it a harvest of meat, not a kill. And when i reach the harvest, i A. make sure it is dead, and if not end it quickly and B. Thank it for its meat and feeding me and my family, and wish that its spirit is safe where ever it goes.

meh, a person can be insane and still a good person.

you actually wish for war so you wont get bored and so you get a chance to use your big awsome gun...

and for what ive copied. just because you have some mysterious beautiful way to see it and respect those animals you kill for fun doesnt actually mean they forgive you or that their spirit rises to heaven or whatever. when you hurt a person, animal or human you hurt them, you cause them fear, and you cause sadness for any living being that is connected to them. and last time i checked most humans dont need to hunt for food anymore... so is it really for food for your family or for fun? the comment about you wishing for war so you wont get bored kind of shows the latter.

sigh, as far as i see it, you understand less about life then most children younger then you. you dont appreciate it and respect it as much as most people do.

i may have gone a little off topic so sorry.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

If the Bush/Cheney regime hadn't invaded and messed up the country, Iraq will still be watching Iran and Iran would be watching Iraq and none of this mess will be happening. Now terrorists have a new place to play with because there are no tyrant keeping them in check.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

There's this issue with America being the "world police," but I honestly think that all of the developed countries should pitch in and help &quotolice" other countries like Iraq, where civilian lives are in danger. What I mean is not go give them a big shaft o freedom, but to stomp out this ridiculous terrorist gang like the cancer that it is.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

If the Bush/Cheney regime hadn't invaded and messed up the country,

Don't forget Blair. True, he only helped because Bush told him to, but he must be held to account for assisting an illegal invasion.

Iraq will still be watching Iran and Iran would be watching Iraq and none of this mess will be happening.

Aside from killing each other.

@Omegap12
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/arts/yourpaintings/images/paintings/iwm/large/iwm_iwm_518_large.jpg
Showing 1-15 of 26