ForumsForum GamesCreate-Your-Own RPG - The RPG

63 15220
obould
obould
712 posts
Nomad

Hey all, Obould here, not sure if anybody remembers me, but I'm here with an idea for a new RPG. It struck me the other day that I haven't been able to be as creative as I'd like to be, so here I am once again to design beautiful worlds with fantastic people. This is going to need to be a team-effort however, as I want the community to help me design the game before I start it up.

I believe that the players control the game's world more-so than the game-master does, I think that it makes for a better game. So I leave you with a poll. Every few days I shall add another poll for the next element of the game to be implemented. First and foremost, we need a time period for the RPG. Please vote on one of the following basic settings:

- Prehistoric
- Ancient Civilization
- Medieval
- Victorian
- Modern
- Post-Modern (100 or so years in the future)
- The Future (Thousands of years in the future)

Thanks everyone, may we have a fantastic RPG brewing in a week or so!

• 63 Replies
nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Prehistoric Maybe play as a dinosaur or a Neanderthal (Caveman)

My thought process:

first i took way ones i didn't like:

- Prehistoric (I like this)
- Ancient Civilization (I like this)
- Medieval (I don't like this there are already so many medieval RPGs this is unoriginal)
- Victorian (I don't like this i don't know much about this time zone but i don't think anything interesting happened)
- Modern (I don't like this I don't really have a explanation a just don't like this)
- Post-Modern (100 or so years in the future) (I don't like this I don't think it will be much different than the present and I don't like the present)
- The Future (Thousands of years in the future) (I like this)

than i took the ones i like and decided which one i liked the most

- Prehistoric
- Ancient Civilization
The Future (Thousands of years in the future)

i decided prehistoric

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Out of pure curiosity I would like to have it in the Victorian era, just to see what part of the era you would do, (upper-crust, thieves and merchants.) but if I was to go for the one I like it would be... Actually now I want a Victorian era RPG.

Voyage2
Voyage2
650 posts
Nomad

I agree with JACK, Victorian is an awesome thing. Different type of selling goods. Reviving the dead way of transportation, like Horseback Riding. Being an adventurer with your horse. The peoples in Victorian Era looks creepy for me. Also, the way of the Assasins, just like the Assasin's Creed.

Lowco1
Lowco1
1,035 posts
Nomad

Victorian, or Future.

obould
obould
712 posts
Nomad

The general consensus seems to be Victorian Era right now, but I'll wait for another day before confirming it.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Cool.

Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

I'm voting Victorian Era as well

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

I vote medival
Good ol' classic DnD

obould
obould
712 posts
Nomad

It appears that a Victorian setting has taken the cake for this one! Next up, we need to determine what style we would like to play, Streamlined (I drive the story forward) or more open (players drive the plot)

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Open

Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

Streamlined. That is my vote for now.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Streamlined as bigger set pieces can be devised. Open is random, yet a hint of randomness keeps both the players and the GM on their toes! So I would say the majority streamlined with a bit of openness too.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

I'll agree with jack then.

anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

Stremlined.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Open. There are a lot of streamlined RPGs in this forum and I want to see how creative the players themselves can be instead of the mastermind.

Showing 1-15 of 63