ForumsThe TavernR-relationship thread..?

40 14970
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

what happened to it? :[

• 40 Replies
DarthTyrannausarus
DarthTyrannausarus
538 posts
Nomad

Hi. This is kinda awkward, and I know this isn't really an advice collumn, but there's this girl I like and I wanna ask her out, but her parents are against "young love"(quote intended) and I am also very shy. Any help?

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Hi. This is kinda awkward, and I know this isn't really an advice collumn, but there's this girl I like and I wanna ask her out, but her parents are against "young love"(quote intended) and I am also very shy. Any help?

You could always wait until you're older. Is this relationship REALLY going to matter to you, or are you just doing it because she's cute and cool and it's what everyone else is doing?
If you truly truly truly feel like it's worth pursuing, get to know her before you ask her out. She may be a more valuable friend than girlfriend.
DarthTyrannausarus
DarthTyrannausarus
538 posts
Nomad

She may be a more valuable friend than a girlfriend.

I agree with you, I guess. Do you think I could still ask her for her number(And if so, how to do so without being so awkward)?

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

. Do you think I could still ask her for her number(And if so, how to do so without being so awkward)?

Is asking for people's numbers really that hard? Usually I just ask, but if you want a reason just say something about wanting a contact in case you get stuck on homework or something.
DarthTyrannausarus
DarthTyrannausarus
538 posts
Nomad

Just say something about wanting a contact in case you get stuck on homework or something.

That's the problem. We do a homeschool program together, and I have her brothers number and this other kids number, and we all homeschoool together so saying that would be dumb.
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

@Omegap12 This is advice that you didn't ask for and I respect your choice to tell me to F off if you so please.

So i like a girl. And i asked her out today.

BUT... theres always a butt. One of her best friends hates my GUTS. So i asked her out, her friends was standing next to her. Almost got killed. Literally. I didnt get an answer because the girl i asked out was too busy holding back her friend from killing me. Yea... that happened. It was terrifying. I just scared for tomorrow what she says, and whether or not i live, or die.

Alright, this looks like you are already at a disadvantage. One of her friends hates you, this means that she is going to have to pick between you or her friend. Or, gotta love third options, she has to keep you secret from one of her friends. None of these please everybody. I have to be honest, your chances are not looking good. Friends, most of the time, trump boyfriends. It's something I've learned. But look there isn't much more that you can do, you have asked her out. You've done the most difficult part of this whole social dance we call courtship. The ball if firmly in her court. It's up to her now. Probably asking her while the friend that hates you was there may not have been the best plan, but the past is the past and all you can do is wait. Also, if she says no don't rule her out. Sometime in the future she may change her views of you and say yes. And if she says yes, woo! But you are then on very thin ice. You have to tread carefully due to her friend. So I hope I've helped a little.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

@DarthTyrannausarus

That's the problem. We do a homeschool program together, and I have her brothers number and this other kids number, and we all homeschoool together so saying that would be dumb.

I would say just ask her, just like "Hay I was wondering would you mind giving me your number? So we can, like, chat outside of school." The like in that sentence is to breakup your response so you don't come across to forceful or dominant, it also give you a second to look away and scratch the back of your head if the eye contact is getting weird.

her parents are against "young love"

Just because her parents are against it doesn't mean she is too, also you Are young, go be young! Be daring, ask her out even, for lunch or something! The movies are always a safe bet in my books.
DarthTyrannausarus
DarthTyrannausarus
538 posts
Nomad

Thanks for the help. My iTouch has a parents-put password(which means I can't access my iTouch without their permission). Would it be weird to get her number on paper because the "traditional" way is to give her your phone.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Storm? Posting in relationship thread? ZOMG WORLD MUST BE ENDING GET OUT THE RIOT SHIELDS

But it's not about me, so you can rest easy.

One of my friends broke up with this guy about two months ago. Her ex is apparently not the same as he used to be, he "hates the person he was with her", and the people he hangs out with are idiots, according to her. (I still talk to this person occasionally, but only once in a while. Like, to ask why he was wearing a dress, or to ask for a donut.) Plus, he keeps blaming her for everything, when apparently he kept using her? I wasn't there when they broke up, but she's getting pretty...I don't know, frustrated? Sad? Angry? About him being a jerk. And then she asks me for advice, which isn't the wisest plan because I have never been in a relationship and never plan to be. The best I could do was point her towards other people we have in common who are in/had relationships. Which are maybe two. So, after a few weeks, I've turned to you people for assistance with this.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

@DarthTyrannausarus

Thanks for the help. My iTouch has a parents-put password(which means I can't access my iTouch without their permission). Would it be weird to get her number on paper because the "traditional" way is to give her your phone.

No paper would be fine, up to weather you wish to tell her why, not a big issue I say.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

@StormWalker

Storm? Posting in relationship thread? ZOMG WORLD MUST BE ENDING GET OUT THE RIOT SHIELDS
*Put's away shield* "Blast, had it ready and all..."

Well, what exactly is she asking advice on? How to avoid the guy? How to deal with the stress? How to make him stop being a jerk?
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Well, what exactly is she asking advice on? How to avoid the guy? How to deal with the stress? How to make him stop being a jerk?

They both avoid each other, as far as I know. I think the last question is the best one, since she keeps telling me whenever I see him to castrate him or something.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

They both avoid each other, as far as I know. I think the last question is the best one, since she keeps telling me whenever I see him to castrate him or something.

You can't stop him from being a jerk. Just ignore him. Realize how insignificant that one human life is, and toss away the emotions.
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

To be honest if he's a jerk at his core ain't nothing nobody can do to change that unfortunately, he'll just be a penis for the rest of his life. Since they broke up she has even less grounds to try and change his attitude. He could still me resentful about the whole break up and just be lashing out about the whole thing. The only real this she Can do is avoid him even more, just zone him out of her life. Just slowly forget his existence via ignoring him more and more so. Eventually he won't bother her anymore. Or she can confront him, which could open a whole new cap of worms that she as to deal with in the aftermath. So all in all she Can't make him stop being a jerk unfortunately.

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

I know this is the wrong thread, but i could care less.

Im fighting someone tomorrow. It all started on Monday when i asked the girl out (she said no) and her friend was chasing me down. I was running down a flight of stairs so i can go to the locker room and change for cross country, and at the bottom of the stairs, someone who COMPLETELY hates me tries to table-top me. He fails, and even dumber, gets up while im still around. (Im a very muscly, broad strong little boy) So i pin him to the wall, give him my im serious, but im joking smile, then walk away. So then next day, Tuesday, i walk into the locker room and hes standing there, and says "Hey, you wanna fight?" Me, never one to back down from a fight say, naturally, "Yes, lets go!"

So im fighting him tomorrow, and im NOT backing down from a good fight.
So what should i do? I REALLY wan to fight, but i dont, knowing that itll be hard. HELP ME

Showing 16-30 of 40