ForumsForum GamesHow Gantic Are You? | Is Over!

236 109259
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Welcome to How Gantic Are You? the quiz thread game show that measures your Gantessence. This is a highly accurate patented process. Get ready to prove your Ganticness with Gantickery and Ganticisms. Are you a Ganticable Gantoid? or a Ganticious Gantian? Find out now!

Sign-ups are open until 10-20 spots are filled or 1 week passes, whichever happens first. Please do not drop out in the middle of it. While signing up, please wager the amount of Gantic Points that you are the most Gantic of all Gantestants.

Gantestants will be scored with Gantic Points up to the final round.
Gantestants with low Gantic Points at the end of the round may be eliminated.
Gantestants may complete secret challenges to win bonus Gantic Points.

ROSTER:
10 apldeap123
40 Darkfire45
20 evilsweetblock
all JACKinbigletters
50 Lowco1
all MattEmAngel
32 Nerdsoft
9/10 nivlac724
25 pangtongshu
26 Patrick2011
10 R2D21999
08 Reton8
20 riku_ullman
3/4 StormWalker
26 TheMostManlyMan

()_() Gantic has taken over this thread.
(-ò_ó) Long live the Rabbit King!
o(")_(") Great is the White One!

• 236 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@sonicthehedgehog1234:

(1) Can i join

No, signups are closed.
(2) Whats a gantic point?

It's a measure of Gantitude. It doesn't really mean anything and it an arbitrary scoring system.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

ROUND 7
ROUND 7 is a "How Gantic Are You?" round. It's so meta.

Rank the Four remaining contestants by how Gantic you think they are according to the following criteria:
1. Quests
2. Merits
3. Forum Posts
4. Comments

It is up to you to figure out a metric with which to balance these. The score for this round will be based on the accuracy of your results. You will lose 25 Gantic Points per rank difference. Compare to how I have tracked rank changes in the previous rounds.

+1/-1 = -25 Gantic Points.
+2/-2 = -50 Gantic Points.
+3/-3 = -75 Gantic Points.
+4/-4 = -100 Gantic Points

You can lose up to 400 Gantic Points for this round for no answer. Why are you losing points? Because it's easier to track the changes this way than to add points for accuracy and then subtract them for inaccuracy.

There is a 1 in 24 chance of guessing the right answer. The numbers involved will change over time, but they will not change much.

You will not be eliminated based in the rankings. The two Gantestants with the lowest score this round will be eliminated.

After this round is the finals, and none of the points will matter. The winner of the round will be awarded the title of the Gantickest Gantestant and some silly practically useless prize that may or may not be useful in some future venture.

You have one week. You can change your answer as often as you like, but it will cost you 10 Gantic Points each time you change your answer.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

What was the third Elegance?

By name is Sophic. By action it is complicated. It's one of those things you either know or you don't but it's impossible to explain.

Also, do you already have the four of us ranked?

Yes and no. I have the current ranks by QMFC. I doubt they will change in a week's time, but I'm still open to that possibility.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I have better chances of not answering at all, since I will lose zero points, as opposed to guessing, where the odds are painfully against me.

For this reason, Gantic should (have) include(d) a significant penalty for not answering.

Edit: I was ninja'd by a post that supports the suggestion of a non-response penalty.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

You actually stand to lose 200 points. I should make that clear.

I've fiddled with the numbers and barring hacking or spamming, there isn't going to be much change at all. So yeah, it's wiser to come up with the metrics and answer this right before the deadline.

riku_ullman
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

am I allowed to check the date that the other contestants joined AG?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Alright, if you want to play it hat way, I'll clarify the scoring.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@riku_ullman:

am I allowed to check the date that the other contestants joined AG?

You should only use the four criteria listed. You can throw in more numbers if you want, but I only used the four criteria (Quests, Merits, Forum Posts, and Comments).

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Does this mean our current standings are irrelevant? I'm over 100 points ahead of second place. Does that not count this round?

The standings don't matter once you hit the semifinals. It will be used in the case of a tie-breaker because the score comes in chunks of 25 points, so it doesn't hurt if you have a higher standing in the previous combined rounds. It won't matter at all in the Final Round where it's winner-takes-all.

This means you specifically can lose 50 and still pass if everyone else lost 50 points. (It's not possible to lose only 25 points.) This also means that riku_ullman has to score 25 more points than anyone else to pass this round.

If everyone ties this round, the top two in the standings move on to the finals.

riku_ullman
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

You should only use the four criteria listed. You can throw in more numbers if you want, but I only used the four criteria (Quests, Merits, Forum Posts, and Comments).

Well, I'm the newest AG user in all contestants in How Gantic Are You? So...

AND

wait... comments? oh-

riku_ullman
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

I think...
1. R2D21999
2. MattEmAngel
3. apldeap123
4. riku_ullman
(wow, I'm ranking myself last)

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

There are FOUR days left to submit.

riku_ullman
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

Why am I ranking my self last? If you did not include the Posts and Comments part, I would of ranked my self above apldeap123. Why? Read the comments section of my profile.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

There are TWO days left to submit.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Here are the results! What were the ranks?

1. riku_ullman
2. MattEmAngel
3. R2D21999
4. apldeap123

The highest ranked use would have been Reton8. weirdlike and kegaumongo are the only two other moderators that would have score above the remaining contestants. (And if you're particularly observant, you'll also note that these users were relatively unheard of before moderatorship, as was I. Coincidence? It really isn't. Comment/Post ratio is lower for more well-known or popular users.) Every other mod scored somewhere between riku_ullman and R2D21999.

Now, how did I calculate this when everyone has such wildly different numbers? I calibrated the activity to forum posts and compared the ratio of forum posts to quests, merits, and comments. and compared the ratios to my own.

Since quests are limited, I used the maximum value between (quests/forum post) and (quests/all quests), so if your quest/post ratio was higher than your quest/quest_all ratio, I used that. Then I added these three numbers and ranked them by sum. It saves me the trouble of using something a bit more complex like harmonic means, because the approximation is close enough with arithmetic mean.

MAX[(Quest / Posts), (Quest/Quest_all)] + (Merit/Post) + (Merit/Comment) = SCORE

This was compared to my value. If your number was higher or lower, you scored less.

Why did I use forum posts? Because I always use forum posts to calibrate the forum post/comment ratio.

Here are the slash lines. There may be rounding errors.
Quest / Merit / Comments
1.000 / 1.000 / 1.000 = 3.000 - Gantic
0.968 / 0.824 / 0.504 = 2.295 - Reton8
0.863 / 0.097 / 0.984 = 1.944 - riku_ullman
0.286 / 0.226 / 0.864 = 1.376 - MattEmAngel
0.424 / 0.028 / 0.539 = 0.991 - R2D21999
0.504 / 0.235 / 0.207 = 0.947 - apldeap123

The ranks could have jumped around, but that was not likely at all to happen. Anyone with low numbers in any of the categories wasn't suddenly going to gain a bunch of Quests, Merits, or Comments. It could happen, but that's extremely unlikely.

SCORING
MattEmAngel -50 - 50 = -100
riku_ullman -50 -25 -75 = -150

The final round will start soonish. There's only two Gantestants remaining and they pass due to attrition, a fittingly anticlimactic end. Funny thing: R2D21999 and apldeap123 were the only two to earn bonus points for their wagers.

Showing 211-225 of 236