ForumsForum GamesHow Gantic Are You? | Is Over!

236 109493
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Welcome to How Gantic Are You? the quiz thread game show that measures your Gantessence. This is a highly accurate patented process. Get ready to prove your Ganticness with Gantickery and Ganticisms. Are you a Ganticable Gantoid? or a Ganticious Gantian? Find out now!

Sign-ups are open until 10-20 spots are filled or 1 week passes, whichever happens first. Please do not drop out in the middle of it. While signing up, please wager the amount of Gantic Points that you are the most Gantic of all Gantestants.

Gantestants will be scored with Gantic Points up to the final round.
Gantestants with low Gantic Points at the end of the round may be eliminated.
Gantestants may complete secret challenges to win bonus Gantic Points.

ROSTER:
10 apldeap123
40 Darkfire45
20 evilsweetblock
all JACKinbigletters
50 Lowco1
all MattEmAngel
32 Nerdsoft
9/10 nivlac724
25 pangtongshu
26 Patrick2011
10 R2D21999
08 Reton8
20 riku_ullman
3/4 StormWalker
26 TheMostManlyMan

()_() Gantic has taken over this thread.
(-ò_ó) Long live the Rabbit King!
o(")_(") Great is the White One!

• 236 Replies
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

1. You are going to create a forum game, but there is already a forum game by the name you wanted. What was the name you wanted and what do you name your forum game instead?

Answer 1: The name you wanted was Bad with Poddlecrames. You name the forum game Bad with Cranes instead.

2. What is at the end of the Ganticombs? This is not the Infinite Subchambers, but the Thousand Chambers, which was never completed, nor will it be, but what was the planned thousandth chamber?

Answer 2: The planned ending was to have a chamber with the number 1,000 thus making the Ganticombs 1,000 chambers.

3. Pretend for a moment, that you are a mod, if you are not one already, and the users have reached a count has reached 90 counting 3 numbers a minute. At what number do you submit your post to break their count?

Answer 3: You stay "offline" somewhere near a computer with internet access and mentally track the number. You stop the count at 99.

4. Where is the Holy Grail?

Answer 4: The Holy Grail can be found, and quote, "SOMEWHERE SOMEWHERE WITHIN THE VICINITY OF THESE REALMS OF THESE KINGDOMS OF THESE LANDS OF THIS PLANESSPHERE."

5. Which question or questions will be worth the most Gantic Points?

Answer 5: Question number two and question number five will be worth the most points because the name Gantic appears, in some form, somewhere within both of those questions.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The following are my answers:

1. This one was probably the second easiest to answer. The answers are right here in the Forum Games forum and half of it is in the title. The most correct answer is "The Gantic Game" and "How Gantic Are You?" I was going to name this "The Gantic Game", but evilsweetblock created a "The Gantic Game" already. I wouldn't slightly change the title. I'd think up a new title, even if it does share the most important word in the title.

Partial credit awarded for submitting two titles. Half partial credit awarded for submitting at least one title that actually exists. No bonus points.

2. I did not expect anyone to get this correct because this was well before most of you even joined, before the 1000CotG was created, and before I was even a moderator. The final chamber would have contained the reliquaries for a rubber ducky and a rubber chicken. It would actually be revealed that the Ganticombs is the Bullman's Labyrinth.

No points awarded.

3. I would have posted at 93. Interpreting the equation the other way, as in what number I would post, I wouldn't post a number at all when the count reaches the 90s. Users would be too active and upset (:P) to start a mod count. 0 or 1 are both incorrect.

Full points for answering correctly. Partial credit awarded based on distance from 93.

4. This one no one really knows yet. It is actually right here in the Forum Games somewhere. Was hoping the quest would progress to the final stages, but it hasn't yet.

Partial credit for getting close to the actual location. Partial credit awarded for alternative interpretations of the answer. Partial credit for all other answers that are partially correct.

5. There's only one certain answer: The one that the least amount of users answer correct. I believe least implies at least one and not zero.

Full points also awarded for an actual number that a user actually scored the most points on. Bonus points for answering only that number. Partial bonus for answering other numbers.

SCORING
Patrick2011 0, 0, 0, 5, 60
Darkfire45 0, 0, 0, 0, 40
pangtongshu 2, 0, 6, 5, 0
MattEmAngel 5, 0, 5, 5, 60
Nerdsoft 0, 0, 4, 0, 5
StormWalker 0, 0, 0, 0, 5
riku_ullman 2, 0, 0, 0, 120
nivlac724 0, 0, 4, 0, 0
TheMostManlyMan 2, 2, 6, 0, 0
evilsweetblock 2, 0, 0, 5, 0
Lowco1 2, 0, 8, 0, 0
apldeap123 7, 0, 4, 0, 5
R2D21999 0, 0, 0, 0?, 5
JACKinbigletters 7, 0, 150, 5, 120
Reton8 7, 2, 4, 5, 0

@nivlac724: As the Gantestant who scored the least amount Gantic Points, I am sorry to say that you have been eliminated. You wagered 9/10 Gantic Points that you were the most Gantic. Unfortunately, you were incorrect. Your final score is 0.4. You are welcome to continue playing along and get scored.

STANDINGS
00282 JACKinbigletters
00122 riku_ullman
00075 MattEmAngel
00065 Patrick2011
00040 Darkfire45
00026 apldeap123
00018 Reton8
00015 R2D21999
00013 pangtongshu
00010 Lowco1
00010 TheMostManlyMan
00009 Nerdsoft
00007 evilsweetblock
00005 StormWalker

00000.4 nivlac724

Round 2 will start soonish with more opportunities to score more Gantic Points.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

2. Since we have wagered, doesn't that mean that the other players get points when another player is eliminated?

The wager was most likely for Round 0 only. Those who wagered 10 Gantic Points gained 10 Gantic Points before Round 1.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@MattEmAngel: 1. Yes it was and you would have gotten full points if you only had the relevant part.
2. No. The wager was for being the most Gantic of all Gantestants. We don't know if anyone is the most Gantic for the entire contest, but we do know who isn't Gantic yet. If it were on a per round basis, JACKinbigletters would have double the points and you would have 0, while everyone else had less points or maybe negative points. There are other things with the wager that won't be revealed until later.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Hmm...sixth place. Not too bad. I figured that I would've gotten eliminated by now. Guess not.

@Gantic
If I may ask, is their some sort of prize involved if a contestant wins?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@apldeap123: Bragging rights? I dunno if there should be a prize prize for being the most Gantic. This is just for fun.

ROUND 2
ROUND 2 is a writing round related to verse (as opposed to prose). Submit two lines of verse that would fit into the hit song "Who Are You, My Dinosaur?"

10 Gantic Points will be awarded for a correct submission.
No credit will be awarded for using "Who are you, my Dinosaur?" or "My Dinosaur?" in your lines.
No credit will be awarded for using dinosaurs that are already mentioned.
No credit will be awarded for using non-dinosaur objects already mentioned.
No credit will be awarded for using no dinosaurs.
25 Bonus Points will be awarded for keeping with the sense of humor.
50 Bonus Points will be awarded for more inventive formats that still fit the metrical and lyrical style of the song, such as "All Brontos..."
100 Secret Bonus Points will be awarded for completing the secret requirement. There are several lines that can be reworded here to fit the secret requirement.
Partial points will be awarded for anything else.

A maximum of 185 Gantic Points can be earned this round. The Gantestant with the lowest points scored this round may be eliminated. You have one week to submit your two lines.

Please be aware that if you do try for Bonus Points and fail, you may end up scoring 0 Gantic Points and risk eliminating yourself.

For those following "The Forumnaut(osaur)s and the Experimental Forum Game for Nefarious Porpoises", the secret bonus is semi-semi-relevant to solving the thread. 100 Secret Bonus Points will be awarded for solving the "secret" of the thread a la "The Forumnauts and the (Secret) Rift (Chamber) of Nefarious Porpoises."

The following are verses from "Who Are You, My Dinosaur?":

Who are you, my Dinosaur?
My Dinosaur? My Dinosaur?
Are you Stego or Tyranno?
Are you Tenor or Soprano?
Are you Para-saurolophus?
Or are you Papa-dopoulus?
All Brontos are Apatos.
All tenis are zapatos.
(But not the other way around)

Are you Mary's little Lambeo?
Or some namby-pamby-o?

Are you Compso and a nagthus?
Are you Dipl plus an odocus?
(Comment: I should really rewrite the second line as "Are you Diplo plus a docus?" Not sure why I didn't, but please use the revised line as an exam ple.)

Are you tail-clubbing Ankylo?
Are you money in the bankylo?

Are you Proto? Are you Toro?
What will I find tomorrow?

My Dino-dino-dinosaur?

Are you Hadro? Are you Maia?
Which child are you of Gaia?

Are you Cretaceous or Jurassic?
Or as early as Triassic?

Are you Carno? Are you Spino?
Are you possibly a rhino?

Are you Krito? Are you Grypo?
Are you a giant hippo?

Are you Nodo? Are you Scolo?
Did all the dinos #YOLO?

Are you Chaoyang or Psittaco?
Are you Ostro or Sirocco?

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

@Gantic

Thanks. Now this should be an interesting round!

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

can I hop in?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@Arverniraider24: Sure. You can't win, but you can play along (at home) and submit answers for rounds. If I don't have the time, though, you probably won't be scored as current Gantestants have priority.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Are you Campto? Are you Baryo?
Did they sling yo?

I may change it later on.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

so what difference do I have to a non eliminated player?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@nivlac724: Non-eliminated players can still win it all, which really isn't that much of a difference except bragging rights. You'll still be scored at priority over those playing along at home.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Did they sling yo?

I decided to change a tiny bit of it.

Have you ever slinged a yo?
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,783 posts
Chamberlain

I'm so confused right now! *starts sobbing uncontrollably*

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@TheMostManlyMan: What part are you confused by? All you need are two lines that fit with the flow of "Who Are You, My Dinosaur?". WRUMD verses are at the bottom half of the thread.

Showing 76-90 of 236