ForumsThe TavernWould you believe in a zombie apocalypse?

15 3215
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

If one day, you woke up or came back from a vacation of something, I dunno, to a world infested with zombies, would you believe it? Like, seriously, with all the worlds zombies movies and games and stuff, some people WANT a zombie apocalypse, but seriously, if it happened, would you believe it?

• 15 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I'll return the question. If it happens, do I have any other option than to believe what I would witness?

Koshionos
Koshionos
881 posts
Jester

I would, and I would drive to an isolated area, gather food than drive as far north as I can get.

realmton
realmton
241 posts
Jester

If I hear about a zombie apocalypse at the tv:
Where did I hide that shotgun?

ChapZ
ChapZ
2,136 posts
Duke

I would believe if a zombie kill someone, just to make sure that is not a fake one. :P

musiczz
musiczz
9 posts
Nomad

Nope i dont.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

Would I believe it if it was happening right in front of me? Well, of course I would. But zombies - i.e. dead bodies that become reanimated - is a biological impossibility. Once you're dead, there's just no coming back.

That being said, there is a genus of fungus called cordyceps (it's also the zombie explanation in The Last of Us) that basically takes over the brain of its living host. Something like that might be possible, though it would have to be some sort of manufactured biological weapon rather than something that's naturally occurring.

Frank_Frooton
Frank_Frooton
4,002 posts
Bard

I probably would remain a zombie doubter until it was eating my left elbow. I still wouldn't believe it as they came through my door grumbling the word "brains", they'd definitely have to gnaw on my left elbow before I believed.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Basically what Moegreche said. I would have a really hard time believing in something like Romero made (or even worse, the ones from Return of the Living Dead), but if it was a technically living zombie (not dead, just crazy), then I wouldn't find it that hard to believe.

But I don't think an apocalypse of that sort would last more than a few weeks, as seen in 28 Days Later.

~~~Darth Caedus

jayarstwo
jayarstwo
1 posts
Nomad

yeah

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

I probably would remain a zombie doubter until it was eating my left elbow. I still wouldn't believe it as they came through my door grumbling the word "brains", they'd definitely have to gnaw on my left elbow before I believed.

What about the right elbow?

I think that if there was an apocalypse, it would really destroy rural/poor countries (S.A.; Africa; Etc) but I dont think it would last very long either. I think it really depends on where it starts, if its biological, if its fungal, etc etc.
Frank_Frooton
Frank_Frooton
4,002 posts
Bard

What about the right elbow?

Nope, don't care about that one. I always wanted to be a lefty.

I really just wrote that because it would be overly redundant to say "Ah yes, I do believe what Moegarche said is true." Half the people on this thread already said that.
Gladiator246
Gladiator246
363 posts
Scribe

I'll return the question. If it happens, do I have any other option than to believe what I would witness?

Great one,bro!

Hmmm...Tough one there.It would never happen.I have taken quite a few number of Zombie Survival tests,they were nice and fun but totally fiction.The only thing supernatural that I believe is Aliens.Actually it is natural.Zombies,werewolfs and ghosts,all that sort,nah I don't.
Kim_Jong_UN
Kim_Jong_UN
4 posts
Jester

We don't need to worry about believing in nonsense like a zombie apocalypse when we have real concerns such as the ebola outbreak.

riku_ullman
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

I would believe it was just a dream, but I won't notice that till' I wake up.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Well, considering that we already in the middle of one...

http://i.imgur.com/wjlxXLS.jpg

Showing 1-15 of 15