ForumsForum GamesArcana (Magic RP)

333 74336
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Humanity in its early days struggled against the foundations of powerful civilizations that had been for centuries before them. It was only through the gift of magic that they were able to put their stake in the worId which became the first human city, Ithradine. From here they thrived until four tribes joined the infant kingdom each skilled in one of the four base magics, Pyromancy, Geomancy, Hyrdomancy, and lastly Aeromancy. These four 'families' became the main aristocracy and when the king died without an heir, he left in place a system to allow them all to keep power called the Magistrate. The Magistrate is led by a 'Magister' who is elected among the citizens however only the four families have ever gotten to have magisters. In this kingdom called Arcana, the four families, House Pyrane, House Oceanus, House Windel, and House Terra, keep a strained peace with the newest magister being Jerrick of House Pyrane. He leads Arcana on the path of war against the many monsters that lie beyond the ctiy's walls. Any adventurers are now given a guardian should they chose to leave the kingdom. You are one of many citizens within the kingdom, how will you make your mark upon it and the many races in and around it?

Welcome to the land of Arcane where the future is yours to shape whether in evil or good. In Acana, your character is entirely up to you however there is a few rules that I ask everyone follow:

1. You can't start off as one of the heads of government
2. There is no killing off another's character unless you both agree
2.1 In you get into combat with a story character (one that I create), I will allow some to be killed but only after serious fight
2.2 You cannot force another character to do anything
3. Character pictures are encouraged but keep it appropriate
4. Have Fun!
Okay now for the character sheet:

Name:
Class (Battlemage, Sage, Assassin, Warrior, Dark Dragon, etc. Up to You)
Race: (Human, Elf, Dragon, Dwarf, etc.)
Bio: (Character's History, Personality, and ablilities)
Apperance (What your character's features are, armor, weapons, etc.)

Anyone can join at any time but it will not start until at least 2 join. If you want to make and enjoy a interacitve story, this is for you.

• 333 Replies
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I follow her stooping my head, "I see you do not believe I am who I say, I don't know how to prove myself... Maybe this..." I say summoning the Book Of Laws into my open right hand. "... will do. I hope this adds weight to what I am about to say to you. Place your hand on the book of laws and recite what I say, I shall not share the information granted to me unless the Enforcer whom told me such information allows me to do so."

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Jack: Halcine turns to face you, a brief yet small amount of surprise in her eyes as she listens to what you have to say, the book of laws catching her gaze. She slowly moved her right hand onto the Book of Laws, wary of what information might be revealed to her. Her hand pressed against the book she speaks with resolve "I shall not share the information granted to me unless the Enforcer whom told me such information allows me to do so." she repeats the phrase with absolute clarity, no hesitation. She slides her hand off the page, looking you dead in the eyes "Now tell what is this information?" she asks in a authoritative tone

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"It wasn't bandits that destroyed the entire village, if it was bandits then they were financed and fitted by one of the major houses. Specifically House Pyrane, their magic and mark was found on the bodies. That's one of the reasons I chose your town, being linked with House Terra, to house these people. I am officially warning you about a possible Pyranian assault. I need to know what suspicions you have toward House Pyrane, no matter the relevance nor how well put together the suspicions are, I'll take anything you have to offer to me."

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Jack: Halcine's does not seem shocked by the news, instead she appears angry "House Pyrane is the most ambitious of all the governing families. My order has been investigating the possibility of some sort of contract between House Pyrane and some necromancers. Entire towns gone missing, no bodies left except marks indicating it was the other families's doing. It appeared that House Pyrane was attempted to seize absolute power and dissolve the other houses. In any case, nothing good." she says worried, as she began to pace back and forth, it would seem that her fears may be realized.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Not to further your worries but I can confirm that they are working with the dark arts. The people I brought here were in the center of an attack, they need to be handled delicately while I need to take the guard with me. I'm entrusting these people to you. You will be granted an icon for your service toward the law and me. Not to cut into your territory, but I suggest taking down the wooden palisade and put up some stone walls."

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

"That does not bode well, it has been a long time since the Era of Darkness and we are on the verge of its return. The walls helped repel an attack but without access to the quarries, it will be difficult to reinforce them. I will accept your icon, but I am not staying. This threat calls forth all of our order. There is one thing I must mention..." she says cryptically "You say you are a son of the God of law, well I have a report that says one of your brothers has gone..missing. I thought you should know." she says as she begins to pack up her gear, which is not much since she leads a pious life as a paladin.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"You are leaving? What about this town and it's people? Who will protect them from the darkness if you are not here? They need a fighting force here to defend them against attacks." I look around the room, "I feared you wouldn't have the resources for such a project." I look to the book of laws, vanishing from my grip, "Where did you learn this?"

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

Name: Frost
Gender male
Class (Battlemage, Sage, Assassin, Warrior, Dark Dragon, etc. Up to You)
Race: frost dragon
Bio: Frost is a dragon with the power to change in to a human at will. For reasons he can't figure out he is stuck in his human form. but he still has some of his dragon strength and skills. Frost has a temper form his dragon side but his human side makes him a bit calmer.

abilities:
frost breath. frost still has his breath attack.
two handed duel wield: frost can wield great swords in both hands.
Dragon strength: frost keeps his dragon strength .
Dragon magic; frost can use three of use dragon magics.
ice beam: a beam of ice
ice spike. a spike of ice at targets feet
ice armor; covers frost in thick ice protecting him. he can still move in this armor.
Cold proof; frost cant freeze to death or feel cold

Apperance Frost's human form is a blond haired with purple eyes and stands at 5ft 9.in. Has some leather armor for clothes and a great sword on his back.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

JACK: She lets out a small sigh "The soldiers here have been trained well and I have made sure to outfit them will a capable leader. This threat is too pressing for me to stand idly by." she pridefully say. Your response almost catches her off guard "From my superiors, a warrior such as yourself was spotted with a two paladins. Last report had them heading North, tracking signs of necromancy. No word has returned." she states grimly and with a bit of determination

Razor: (Dragon, solid choice. As for class, it merely helps me to get a better grasp of how to put you into the story)

The mountain air is crisp and cool, your frost dragon blood negating any feeling of coldness. It is in this land that you have heard of the Kingdom of Dral, a isolated kingdom in which humans and dragons live in harmony and are equals. You have been trapped in human form for some time, if you wish to ever change back Dral may have the only answers you seek. Your only other option is to head to the only other Dragon Kingdom, Sylas, who are not too friendly towards outsiders. As of now, you are on the outskirts of Dral and a dragon scout has already spotted your presence.

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

Sorry forgot class my bad but I'll go with dragon warrior
I walk up up to the Dragon scout."hello friend I'm frost. How to Dral? "I ask in the dragon language.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"What house do you owe your allegiance to." I ask, as if all the other conversation was merely idle banter, my hand ready to grasp my hammer.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Razor: The Dragon scout is a typical four-legged dragon, with a dark red hide "Frost, Dral does not welcome outsiders. State your purpose in seeking it." he demands, wary of who you are

JACK: Halcine adjusts her pack "I do not owe anything to either. As of current, I support House Windel." she says with some resenment, "They are at least willing to change." her fist clenching tightly before slowly releasing

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

I seek aid in regaining my true form. I am tried of being human.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Then you should know this too. They had a Terran ring on them too." I say relaxing my composure. "What if you were to come with me? Assist me on my quest."

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Razor: The dragon who has yet to identify itself, circles you "While it true Dragons have been know to shape-shift, I require proof you are of our kin." he growls out, claws digging into the ground as he paces "Show me the power and strength of a Dragon!" the scout commands.

JACK: Her faces gets a little paler "A Terran Ring? What are they trying to accomplish?" she mutters silently to herself before turning towards you "Join you? What mighty quest would I be assisting in?" she asks, keeping her stone-cold composure.

Showing 196-210 of 333