ForumsForum GamesArcana (Magic RP)

333 74333
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Humanity in its early days struggled against the foundations of powerful civilizations that had been for centuries before them. It was only through the gift of magic that they were able to put their stake in the worId which became the first human city, Ithradine. From here they thrived until four tribes joined the infant kingdom each skilled in one of the four base magics, Pyromancy, Geomancy, Hyrdomancy, and lastly Aeromancy. These four 'families' became the main aristocracy and when the king died without an heir, he left in place a system to allow them all to keep power called the Magistrate. The Magistrate is led by a 'Magister' who is elected among the citizens however only the four families have ever gotten to have magisters. In this kingdom called Arcana, the four families, House Pyrane, House Oceanus, House Windel, and House Terra, keep a strained peace with the newest magister being Jerrick of House Pyrane. He leads Arcana on the path of war against the many monsters that lie beyond the ctiy's walls. Any adventurers are now given a guardian should they chose to leave the kingdom. You are one of many citizens within the kingdom, how will you make your mark upon it and the many races in and around it?

Welcome to the land of Arcane where the future is yours to shape whether in evil or good. In Acana, your character is entirely up to you however there is a few rules that I ask everyone follow:

1. You can't start off as one of the heads of government
2. There is no killing off another's character unless you both agree
2.1 In you get into combat with a story character (one that I create), I will allow some to be killed but only after serious fight
2.2 You cannot force another character to do anything
3. Character pictures are encouraged but keep it appropriate
4. Have Fun!
Okay now for the character sheet:

Name:
Class (Battlemage, Sage, Assassin, Warrior, Dark Dragon, etc. Up to You)
Race: (Human, Elf, Dragon, Dwarf, etc.)
Bio: (Character's History, Personality, and ablilities)
Apperance (What your character's features are, armor, weapons, etc.)

Anyone can join at any time but it will not start until at least 2 join. If you want to make and enjoy a interacitve story, this is for you.

• 333 Replies
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I smile a wry smile, "Why, nothing short of saving the world."

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Halcine takes a good look at you, trying to determine if you are being genuine before a small smile rises from her lips "Well then, Count me in." she holds out her right hand, her height a few inches below yours "Someone has to teach you how to swing that hammer properly." her smile widening a bit more

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

I nod and grab a rock that a human couldn't lift and fling it then take a deep breath and breath frost breath. Proof enough?I ask?

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Hahaha-oh..." I say my laugh becoming suddenly hollow and emotionless. "I haven't laughed like that in a long time. I haven't laughed in a long time." I say more to myself then to anyone. "I must go find Orion." I say quickly leaving the room, my face returning to it's usual form.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Razor: The dragon watches carefully as you toss the boulder and seems slightly impressed "It is possible for you to be what you claim, only our sages can properly determine this." "Follow me and do not loose pace, if you wander you will be hunted down." he warns coldly as he walks through a clearing in the trees, just big enough for the scout to pass through.

Jack: Halcine laughs briefly with you, stopping dead as she listens to your last few laughs. She up at you as you say those words to yourself, "Neither have I." she tries to get out but you have already left by the time the words leave her mouth "That was odd." she thinks to herself. You can some sort of commotion going on in the square. It sounds much like Orion but a lot of other male voices blend with it "Another one down, who would like to challenge mighty Orion now?" he pridefully declares with a boastful laugh.

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

I follow the scout

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Razor: The path notably gets much darker, the forest's tree-line blocking all but a few rays of sunlight, this goes on for awhile until you can see the path brightening. You exit the forest, and find the weather much warmer then what you were just experiencing not too long ago. Before you is a large city, with walls higher than any you've seen before decorated with elegant carvings of ancient dragon battles but even the walls shroud the height of the buildings as the city was built directly on the slope of a mountain. You can see various forms flying in the sky that you can only assume are dragons as well "Welcome to Vaarthorn, capital of Thal." he declares, a smooth stone road replacing the meager dirt you had previously been walking on .

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Orion! What's going on here?" I call out to him, almost scornfully, almost, from across the square as I stide toward him.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

JACK: Orion looses concentration as he takes his eyes of his target, with a loud thump the back of his hand slams into the wooden table with one of Johlan's guards enjoying a quick celebration before he sees you standing there. Orion quickly stands to attention "Just a friendly competition testing the sword arm of our brethren.The wounded and sick are being attended to and have adequate shelter." he says confidently, the rest of your men in a similar posture surrounding Orion and Johlan's guards have even moved into a sign of respect.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I nod to the men "I doubt I could play such a game myself, Orion I apologize for corrupting your winning streak, what was it?" I ask with a slight tone of pride in the men that are loyal to me.

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

I nod. " Its look like a nice city. So when we get there who do i ask about helping me get out of this body?"

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

JACK: Orion relaxes "It was thirteen consecutive wins, sir." he grins indicating his pride in the matter "Say, how did the meeting go with that lady? I've never seen a Sentinel before, hell I've only seen a paladin and he never smiled." he says casually

Razor: The scout turns his head back towards you "You will see Elder Guardian Valtair. He lives in the tallest tower, the one all the way on the top ring of the city. If anyone knows, it is him." he states before walking down the path again "You are free to go as you please but any misconduct will not endured."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Later my friend," I say with a smile, "Now, I think we need a re-match, that wasn't exactly fair was it?" I ask looking around, "Care for a re-match?" I call to the crowed, hoping to catch the attention of the last victor. "This will be the last match for now, but challenges are always accepted, nothing better then a little rivalry to keep the spirits up. Orion, did you happen to mention to the thirteen you beat that you were almost dead a few hours ago?" I say with a small grin, now knowing how tenacious my warriors are.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

"Whatever you say." He responds before you ask for the rematch. The guard who beat Orion steps forward grinning with confidence but as you inform them of events not too long ago, a few seemed shocked but Orion laughs "Oh how could I have forgotten the broken ribs and the gashes in my flesh! You men lost to a wounded soldier!" He laughs a bit more before sitting back down on the chair, planting his elbow on the wooden table, hand open "Let's make that fourteen, shall we?" The man who beat him, sat down, planting his elbow and the they locked hands. The one who beat Orion was the most muscular of them all and both stared without fear into the other's eyes. "If you would do the honors, sir." He referred to the countdown before the arm wrestling match, both of the men's muscles bulging already.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Three... Two... One... Fight!" On the word fight I thump my shield into the ground.

Showing 211-225 of 333