ForumsForum GamesArcana (Magic RP)

333 74213
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Humanity in its early days struggled against the foundations of powerful civilizations that had been for centuries before them. It was only through the gift of magic that they were able to put their stake in the worId which became the first human city, Ithradine. From here they thrived until four tribes joined the infant kingdom each skilled in one of the four base magics, Pyromancy, Geomancy, Hyrdomancy, and lastly Aeromancy. These four 'families' became the main aristocracy and when the king died without an heir, he left in place a system to allow them all to keep power called the Magistrate. The Magistrate is led by a 'Magister' who is elected among the citizens however only the four families have ever gotten to have magisters. In this kingdom called Arcana, the four families, House Pyrane, House Oceanus, House Windel, and House Terra, keep a strained peace with the newest magister being Jerrick of House Pyrane. He leads Arcana on the path of war against the many monsters that lie beyond the ctiy's walls. Any adventurers are now given a guardian should they chose to leave the kingdom. You are one of many citizens within the kingdom, how will you make your mark upon it and the many races in and around it?

Welcome to the land of Arcane where the future is yours to shape whether in evil or good. In Acana, your character is entirely up to you however there is a few rules that I ask everyone follow:

1. You can't start off as one of the heads of government
2. There is no killing off another's character unless you both agree
2.1 In you get into combat with a story character (one that I create), I will allow some to be killed but only after serious fight
2.2 You cannot force another character to do anything
3. Character pictures are encouraged but keep it appropriate
4. Have Fun!
Okay now for the character sheet:

Name:
Class (Battlemage, Sage, Assassin, Warrior, Dark Dragon, etc. Up to You)
Race: (Human, Elf, Dragon, Dwarf, etc.)
Bio: (Character's History, Personality, and ablilities)
Apperance (What your character's features are, armor, weapons, etc.)

Anyone can join at any time but it will not start until at least 2 join. If you want to make and enjoy a interacitve story, this is for you.

• 333 Replies
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

JACK: Their grip intensifies, the other guard trying to get an early advantage against Orion but makes no progress. The two are facing a stalemate, sweat begins to beat down each of their faces, the muscles in their arms and face straining as each try to wear down the other. The men in background cheer as the locked hands begin to swerve from side to side until finally you notice the determination wear down slowly in the Johlan's guard eyes. Orion sees this too and smiles wickedly "Gotcha." he says before slowly pushing his hand over his oppenent's until finally he slams it against the table with a victorious thud. A gasp of air is heard from both competitors as one of men raise Orion's hand in triumph "Let that be a lesson to you boys." Orion says with a slightly exhausted voice.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I pat Orion on the back, "It is good to know I have such reliable men under my command." I say in a tone of praise, an uncommon thing for me. "Now though you must rest, I cannot have you injured on our mission. Gather the troops, we must find a place to rest, I also may have gained us another ally on our journey. She will be here soon."

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

JACK: Orion nods "It means a lot to hear you say that, sir." he seemed a bit shocked after you mentioned a ally "I guess we can use all the help we can get.." he grumbles slightly just as Sentinel Halcine walks in on the scene "Don't sound so displeased." she says coldly "I trust you men were just about to return to your posts?" she asks, giving them a stare that few would want to be at the end of. The Johlan's guards quickly salute, give quick goodbyes to you and your men, then disperse. She walks up to you and your men "I managed to overhear you need a place to rest, well the barracks has an open sleeping quarters that would be able to accommodate all of you." she offers, her shield and a equipment pack on her back.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Any of you men have any objections to this?" I ask looking around at my fighting force. "Don't be displeased Orion, we need all the help we can get."

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

JACK: The men reply in Unison "No, Sir!" and even Orion nods "I understand, who better to trust than a paladin I suppose." he says as Halcine smiles "Glad to have your approval" she says somewhat sarcastically as she points down a street "Now onto the quarters.." she begins to walk towards a slightly ornate rectangular building, the second largest in the town "The food at the Mess Hall is not the greatest but Chef Rovadi makes it edible if you are hungry and the tavern's right across." she informs everyone, the men following after her "It may also be a good time to introduce to the rest of the team." Orion comments

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

"I won't cause any problems. As long as no one starts anything with me. I walk to the tower of this Altair.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Orion this is Halcine, Halcine this is Orion and you both know me. Orion you'll have to introduce us both to your men as in all this confusion I haven't gotten the time to ask them their names myself, the same to you Halcine, I want the troops to mingle, get to know each-other, trust each-other. If they can't trust one another here in town then on a battlefield there will be death. I will want to talk to you both about our next move after today, but that can be done later, as of now I would like this introduction of the troops to get underway. Nothing like not knowing someones name to stunt conversation."

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Razor: As you walk through the city, you receive glance by all manners of people. It is clear to them you are an outsider, but the looks are mostly of interest, not resentment. You manage to find the tower after a brief walk, the tower is many stories high and he is at the top, the door is guarded by a single human soldier, dressed in lavishly ornate armor, and a double-blade sword "You have come to see the elder dragon about your predicament, yes?" he asks without hesitation.

JACK: Orion and Halcine shake hands as you introduce them, a weak smile is exchanged between them. Orion nods "You are indeed right. First off, we have the last remaining scout, Krel." he says as Krel makes his way center "We spoke only briefly on the way here sir." he mentions "Krel is a master pathfinder, marksman, and locksmith." Orion comments on him, moving on to the next "This here is Ajax, he was the town's blacksmith previously who signed on with the militia. He can repair almost anything." Ajax gives a short nods towards you "He does not say much. Over here we have Valkar, he is the only ones of train in magic and he also has a solid grasp of various studies." he says "A pleasure, Sir." Valkar replies until finally Orion gets to the last man "This here is Adrian, master of explosives and decent craftsman, he can get through most anything." it was a wonder you did not notice him before. He stands a couple inches over you and it by far the most muscular of the group." he smiles as he finishes "This ragtag group of soldier is yours now, sir." he laughs lightly as Halcine examines each of them "Hmm, I've seen plenty worse." she comments

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

"Yes I have. How do you humans stand it? Living with such weak bodies? "

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Name: O
Class: Archer
Race: Human
Bio: This man, nicknamed "O", had an unknown real identity. He works as a hireable archer. He's proficient in using bows, but is still new to the job, but is starting to become more well known.
Apperance: Small, cloaked in a quite shady way. Uses light armor of a quite weak material and uses an iron bow.

Guest_Pegasus1234
Guest_Pegasus1234
1,276 posts
Farmer

Name: Pegasus
Class: Pacifist/Peacemaker
Race: Pegasus
Bio: The real name of this Pegasus remains unknown, but she has been around for centuries, and is known by many members of the land, she often stays in the air, but she occasionally visits to help those in need, she avoids war at all costs, but gets depressed upon hearing the fate of those that she has cared for, and hopes that war can come to an end in the near future, she'll forgive you for anything that you've done, and she'd be willing to sacrifice herself if it means saving another's life, although she will never inflict harm on another living soul
Appearance: She appears as a normal Pegasus, she will carry a shield sometimes as protection, usually for those around her

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

(

Appearance: Standing at 7 foot six inches
He's 7 foot 8 inches? Jesus he can't be human.)

I take a moment to memorize their names, "I never knew we had such varied skills on hand, this will make life much easier knowing I can consult someone who knows what they are talking about." I say to them, "Halcine, how many men do you have under your command?"

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Razor: He briefly smiles "We learn from our mistakes and what we cannot overcome with brutality and training, we overcome with ingenuity and research. Come, the elder dragon awaits." he says opening the large doors fit for dragons. Upon entering the room, you notice a large spiral staircase that goes on for several levels "Even dragons must walk the thousand stairs, for men and dragon walk on the same level in the kingdom." he states at the bottom of the stairs which appears more than a thousand.

Stratos: With your name now reaching wider circles of rumour, jobs seem come in a steady supply. You are resting the mining town of Thunder's Rest enjoying your payment from your last job. It is early in the morning when you notice someone following you in the shadow, the figure is cloaked but you can spot at least light plate armor underneath.

Pegasus: You are flying over the skies over the Wilted Sea, a large desert that sees many caravans travelling through it. With your excellent hearing, you hear cries from below, while destroyed caravans sometimes occur in the Wilted Sea, this one appears the most recent victims in these time when violence is becoming a norm.

JACKHe comes from a sub-race of humans) Halcine shakes her head "While Johlan's soldiers follow my orders, I do not command them. I set off on my own to acquire evidence of the ancient enemy for the council." she state "With the proper training, your men could be all we need." she adds with a small look of malice or excitement, her features not making the distinction clear

Guest_Pegasus1234
Guest_Pegasus1234
1,276 posts
Farmer

I immediately come down from the sky to try help those in the destroyed caravan, and hope that they can be saved

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Will the council not need to be told about your change of plan? I am sure that they will be interested as to why you have suddenly changed your time-table."

Showing 226-240 of 333