ForumsForum GamesArcana (Magic RP)

333 74214
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Humanity in its early days struggled against the foundations of powerful civilizations that had been for centuries before them. It was only through the gift of magic that they were able to put their stake in the worId which became the first human city, Ithradine. From here they thrived until four tribes joined the infant kingdom each skilled in one of the four base magics, Pyromancy, Geomancy, Hyrdomancy, and lastly Aeromancy. These four 'families' became the main aristocracy and when the king died without an heir, he left in place a system to allow them all to keep power called the Magistrate. The Magistrate is led by a 'Magister' who is elected among the citizens however only the four families have ever gotten to have magisters. In this kingdom called Arcana, the four families, House Pyrane, House Oceanus, House Windel, and House Terra, keep a strained peace with the newest magister being Jerrick of House Pyrane. He leads Arcana on the path of war against the many monsters that lie beyond the ctiy's walls. Any adventurers are now given a guardian should they chose to leave the kingdom. You are one of many citizens within the kingdom, how will you make your mark upon it and the many races in and around it?

Welcome to the land of Arcane where the future is yours to shape whether in evil or good. In Acana, your character is entirely up to you however there is a few rules that I ask everyone follow:

1. You can't start off as one of the heads of government
2. There is no killing off another's character unless you both agree
2.1 In you get into combat with a story character (one that I create), I will allow some to be killed but only after serious fight
2.2 You cannot force another character to do anything
3. Character pictures are encouraged but keep it appropriate
4. Have Fun!
Okay now for the character sheet:

Name:
Class (Battlemage, Sage, Assassin, Warrior, Dark Dragon, etc. Up to You)
Race: (Human, Elf, Dragon, Dwarf, etc.)
Bio: (Character's History, Personality, and ablilities)
Apperance (What your character's features are, armor, weapons, etc.)

Anyone can join at any time but it will not start until at least 2 join. If you want to make and enjoy a interacitve story, this is for you.

• 333 Replies
danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

Name: Danwar
Class:Battlemage of a sort
Race: Lizardman
Bio: Danwar's real name is unknown,but that doesn't mean he is completely unknown.Although he isn't well-knows,he's established a reputation of being unpredictable.he often raids weakly-gaurded caravans when desperate,but also tries to catch criminals to turn them in to law enforcement.
Whatever he's doing,he often uses his scimitar and pyromancy skills,whether making small walls of fire or shooting fire bolts.
Apperance:Long,dark red cloak,red scales,yellow colored underbelly,snout of medium length,moderately long tail,6'7,moderate build,iron chest-plate,red-dyed leather leggings and boots,iron scimitar in a sheath on his back

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

I try to find a way to see him more clearly.

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

"Looks fun." I say looking at the stairs. I then start climbing them.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

Bump so it won't be considered a necro later on.

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

"Interesting." i say.
I begin to try to move the body's into a large pile.
"Do you have a way of starting Fire miss Cisna?"

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Pegasus: You make you way down to the wreck, the smell of burning corpses fills your nostrils as everywhere you look, blood and charred remains litter the ground but the crying persists, coming from a wagon cart turned on its side. It looks as though whoever it is may be the only survivor.

Jack: She shakes her head "I AM following my mission in a way, but you are right." she sighs lightly "I will have to send a message of my...new direction." she states before clearing her thoughts "In any case, allow me to show you to your temporary quarters." she offers

Danwar: Rumors spread across the land of your actions, equal amounts of people calling you a petty theif and others a silent hero. You are hunted by both the law enforcement and criminal gangs alike, making safe havens few in these lands. In a town where they have heard nothing of you, you have found some moments of peace for the time being when a guard steps up to the notice board and posts a Bounty and from what you can see, the pay is good.

Stratos: You maneuver through the crowds of people and rounding a corner you get a clear glimpse of his facial features. He is a rugged man with silver eyes, black hair, and a scar running from his mouth up his cheek. He holds no visible weapons on him but he is very fit. It is clear he wants something from you.

Razor: He smiles, lowering his head "It a pilgrimage to some, the elder dragon is held as a god in some circles, his actual age is unknown to all but his most trusted friends." he says following by your side

Silver: Cisna nods silently at first as you bring the last of the bodies into the pile "I have knowledge in pyromancy, at least enough for this..." she says looking down at them, something in her voice seeming regrettful

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

I approach him.

Guest_Pegasus1234
Guest_Pegasus1234
1,276 posts
Farmer

I approach the survivor on the wagon cart and let them ride on my back, I then search to see if there are more survivors

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"That would be much appreciated." I say with a smile motioning for her to go on.

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

"For me its a chance to get my real body back. I miss my home on a mountain were the snow never melts." I walk silent for a minute. " you know when I learned how to change my form I was appalled at it but them I was curious at what being a human was like. So I left my home and went to a few human towns. Just to see what it was like."

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

I pull my cloak over me to cover as much of me as i can.
I then wait for the gaurd to turn around,greet him with a quick hello,then read the bounty,wondering exactly how dangerous the feat of capture was and how much money for his head.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Stratos: You walks up towards the man, who does not change his course. He speaks when the distance has closed enough "Hello sir, It is a marvelous day, is it not?" he begins cheerfully as you close even more and like a switch his mood changes "I have heard about you and they say you are for hire. If that is so, I have a job suited for your abilities." he says in a hushed voice.

Pegasus: You moved around the wagon to find a small human-looking child huddling among the ruined wagon. He is terrified as tears stain his cheeks, a small scream erupting from his lips as he sees you for himself. After seeing you are no threat, he reluctantly climbs onto your back, arms hugging your body as he tries to stay on. You look but sadly no other survivors are present and the attackers may still be lurking as it is a common tactic among bandits to bait other traveler with a scene such as this.

Jack: Halcine gives you a small nod as she begins to make her way towards the barracks, your small band following closely. Every soldier along the way salutes the paladin, making sure to give her ample room to pass by only relieved by Halcine's command "At east." making it clear she commands a large amount of respect and a bit of fear from her subjects. The barrack's outside slightly ruined from bandit raids and other such attacks but it still remains sturdy. She leads you into the sleeping quarters down a long hallway until stopping just pass the last door in the hallway "Here it is, enough beds for each of us. I do recommend you all get some much needed rest." she states looking at you and your comrades, maintaining a cool expression.

Razor: The guard smiles "Was it everything you had already expected it to be or did you find something else?" he says as you reach the half-way point "I have no doubt Valtair will be able to help you with you situation. If legends are to be believed, he was but a weakling who never gave up and in the end mastered his nature...including transformation." he adds still smiling.

Danwar: The guards exchanges a hello back with quick smile before returning to his post. You get a better look at the wanted poster "Skath, wanted for Necromancy. Murder. Robbery. Disruption of Peace." the sign reads with a reward of 100 gold pieces. A couple other bounty hunters have started to make their way over to the board.

Guest_Pegasus1234
Guest_Pegasus1234
1,276 posts
Farmer

I quietly fly back into the sky, careful of the boy on my back, and try to fly away to safety

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

"I'd like details." I say in a kinda interested tone.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

[Another mage?]I think.[i guess this won't be the easiest criminal to capture...
Then again,the money could be used for food,sparing me the hassle of a raid...]I grin.[I guess i'll start looking.]I start my search at the graveyard,considering he IS a necromancer after all.

Showing 241-255 of 333