ForumsQuestsDecision 3 Quests

182 157421
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

New Quests now available for Decision 3.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/16123/media/icon/e026d3fe35e002bb14f7e5ca9a201477.jpg?v=1416338357&vv=1417645126
Ten Little Officers
Find 10 Captains.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/16123/media/icon/00af29b162f80bdcddbc748693381da4.jpg?v=1416338392&vv=1417645193]
Too Fast, Too Deadly
Reach 70 kills per minute (KPM) during an outpost mission.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/16123/media/icon/0a97406993b1314b11bb350d9c22771e.jpg?v=1416338449&vv=1417645295
Fists of Fury
Kill 500 enemies with a melee weapon.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/16123/media/icon/1ffbc227a210a972fc06bf2105e71dda.jpg?v=1416338475&vv=1417645316
Keeper
Find all 15 storehouses.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/16123/media/icon/1b96f35bb5648f6ecff80c31b6b6c20c.jpg?v=1416338499&vv=1417645363
Gibson Hacker
Hack all 50 of the 60 ATM machines.
(Note: Only 'Hack' the ATM machines, do not destroy them!)

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/16123/media/icon/7a3fecd7fb57ff3a9a60739eeab2907a.jpg?v=1416338547&vv=1417645395
Total Control
100% completion of the game.
Hardness: Hard

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/16123/media/icon/4b9cc18d3f86b7719072a983b62c307c.jpg?v=1416338592&vv=1417645419
Assertive
Complete at least 8 Siege mission waves on one of the Outposts. This requires the Decoy upgrade.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/16123/media/icon/adc6da14541c93648963fc2c31ed9fb2.jpg?v=1416338617&vv=1417645442
Boss Rush
Kill the Super Mutant Boss within 4 minutes.

• 182 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

This game is a lot more difficult than the previous three games.

Tips:
- Do not build gates on your outposts. They will make the game a lot harder. It's easier to let the enemies through than to have them tear your outpost apart, because you fail your mission if your outpost goes to 0%. This is not a problem if you have all six fully upgraded recruits and militia, but they are only useful during outpost building missions.

- If you are looking for survivors, look in Explore I of Border Area and Westside Area. Westside and Border area Explore I has every type of survivor and a lot of Engineers/Builders, which are hard to find anywhere else. You might need to secure the area, but I'm not sure about this.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

I've been playing this since it came out and just hit 5 hours of game play time. 71 days in and only 18% done so it's definitely going to take awhile. At least there are quests to make it more worthwhile!

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@Ferret: I think Too Fast, Too Deadly needs to be reclassified as at least Medium or Hard. It is not an easy quest.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

I'll let @Tasselfoot decide with the developers on it.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

More quests on Decision games? Honestly I'm kind of mad, the decision games are really long and really boring and I feel like the quests have better games to be put on.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I think this depends on preference @xXxDAPRO89xXx... personally, I love these type of games and prefer these to get Quests over TD category games! But like I said, that's personal preference...

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@MRDayCee - the problem with every one of these quests is that they are mindless grinds. Not a single one (except arguably kill the super boss in 4 minutes) takes the slightest bit of skill, it's just playing the same boring levels and killing the same boring enemies over and over and over again. It's made even worse because every one of the Decision games uses the same graphics, same enemies and same basic gameplay.

Arkeyo
Arkeyo
148 posts
King

Not again... Decision... Grinding like there is no tomorrow. As Olinser said the games play all the same and are repetitive like hell. These quests will not be fun to get...

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I agree with you guys, @Arkeyo and @Olinser, these games are all grinding, all the same, and very, very long...

@MrDayCee It must I guess... I really hate these long grinds... TD games are somewhat long, but at least from game to game they always switch it up and don't keep the same exact gameplay and graphics.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

If they insist on keeping on making Decision games and putting quests for them, they need to put some actual thought into the quests instead of these boring grindfests.

An ACTUAL good quest would be 'beat the game in XX days', whatever that may be. That would actually require careful planning and skill to get by with weaker weapons/upgrades.

Or 'beat the game without failing a mission'.

Or 'beat the game without adding upgrades to any shelter, tower or factory'.

amadorian099
amadorian099
2 posts
Peasant

I found doctor bear but the quest to find him didnt complete.... Fix please

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

It feels like the ATM quest is broken. I've gone through all the maps about 4 times and don't see any pink dots. I can't really prove it, short of taking lots of gifs, but it's getting rather ridiculous now. It may have been because I was more or less done, but I did find 1 ATM after the quests were done. Unless I'm required to blow up all the ATMs as well, which really sucks because they no longer have pink dots.

@olinser if your definition of a quest is challenging(aka can't be pure grinded), I'd say the quests too fast, too deadly; assertive(wave 8 is about 1/4 screen trolls), and boss rush count; storehouses and atms to a lesser extent(assuming the ATM worked the way it should).

In terms of the "skill" quests - I did 92 kpm using 2 mguns and 1 rocket launcher on zombies. Key point is rocket on zombies, and you may need to let threat buildup so you have enough to kill. For waves 6-8, it helps to have mine+'nade+rocket(s) so that you can handle the aoe. Having no gate helps a bit, but not that much. Flamethrower is okay, but not great. I did it with the same double mgun+rocket+other relevant upgrades. For boss rush, do as the title says, and run for the boss, leaving your buddies to die. Kill the overlords/minions, then gun away(alternatively, you could try baiting into bottom left corner and mowing down).

Overall, for the game, decision is getting really stale. For those of us who have played previous decisions, there really isn't anything new, and no point in save game+ because the next edition of decision is basically the same. The mutants were somewhat novel, but honestly, it just felt like Medieval re skinned to the modern age(orc=troll). There's a lot of balance tweaks that can be done, and it's disappointing to see how decision fails to implement any of them. The people system was also new, but it just added more grinding. The smarter way would be to have reclass, especially the useless citizens.

Tldr: The decision series really needs a(more like many) new breaths of life

toya
toya
2 posts
Shepherd

weapon/armor exp addon not working after mission
exp. colt python(no upgrade) 4 shot kill 1 zombie roamer, and 1/10 exp 3 shot kill one in the same mission. But in another mission with colt python(no upgrade) 1/10 exp, the damage become 4 shot kill 1 zombie roamer again, even with 10/10exp also.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@randomblah - I am well aware of how to get the quests, and what you said does absolutely nothing to refute that they are zero skill achievements.

What, exactly, is 'skillful' about mindlessly searching every corner of every level for storehouses and ATMs? Absolutely nothing. You can't even tell what level the ones you missed are on, which is idiotic for a 100% achievement.

Grinding to full upgrades on a tower and sitting around waiting for threat to build up before holding down the trigger to get 70 KPM likewise is zero skill. At full threat you are basically forced to get a KPM that high in order to not fail the mission.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

What conditions are needed to get the 500 melee kills and 60 ATMs? I'm pretty sure I should have those, but there's no counter in the game, so I can't know for sure. Is there a secret invisible ATM? Do I need to start a new game or play on Hard difficulty, because I beat this game before quests were released? I've already made it through Hard+ and found all pink dots twice. I'm pretty sure I've killed over 500 with the Machete. Do I need to use melee attack instead?

Showing 1-15 of 182