ForumsGamesGemcraft CS new version released

54 10727
jdguy99
jdguy99
58 posts
Farmer

Has anybody dived in yet? How have you found it? i wont have a chance until later today.

• 54 Replies
bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Hui...
Well, what shall I say -
First my main-slot:
WL old: 3896, new: 4025
A lot of maps got capped to 1e9 xp, a few still to go.
Skills uncapped: Great thing, played my first round with:
Truecolors: 90+15, Critical, Mana and Blood: 80+15
MaxTraits, hatred looks dangerous, but it isn't...
I've setup a quick and dirty manafarm w/o spec, just did some 16c till I realized that bombing a lot would not give more xp :O
So I ended up with a killgem around G67... That brought me to 45e9 xp -
these 45e9 xp brought me to WL 4795... Nice!
New Achievements... Nice, but I got them all but one in the first round (No rain!)
Gameplay will surely change,
Other interesting saveslots:
"F-Hextile only" - Old WL: 136, New WL: 230 - I'm pretty sure I can boost that now a lot more!
"Low WL NoMP win" Old WL: 61, New WL: 101 - guess it will be hard to win with low WL now...
From all of my six slots only one has lost WL - And this slot got his high WL only by accident
Conclusions:
- Got to redo all maps for higher xp
- Missing permafreeze will reduce time/map to 4-6h per map
- I guess (don't know!), extreme specs/combine methods are not worth the time anymore :/

Greetings from The Shire

LucaDiv
LucaDiv
31 posts
Nomad

Wisdom's +50% cap can be reached with a single G45

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

Nah, hatred is very dangerous in later waves. Max hatred v none is the difference between 10^20hp creeps and 10^55...guessing that needs some work in the patch

Oktavia_witch
Oktavia_witch
56 posts
Blacksmith

There is a cap of 10^300 monster hp, so technically it's possible to beat endurance once you hit this damage threshold. Or maybe not, as a number of skill points is finite.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

It will need some finetuning between resonance, truecolors, crit and bloodbound to get the most out of it... That could be a quest for our maths-experts...

e99r8
e99r8
6 posts
Peasant

I still can't manage to get the snowball ("drop 27 gem bombs while it's snowing&quot achievement. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Max. Hatred - wow. 7% additional increase per wave is a LOT in the long run.

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

Ya, imagine if we could get 400 gem combines at 7% per, resulting gem would be 10^40 or so better

Skills is diminishing returns big-time. It's a simple sum, skill value n will cost n(n+1)/2 skill points, and since it's a set %, to get a doubling in skill (especially for say 200% to 400%), you're going to need an awful lot of skill points.

Off the top of my head, I'd say go ahead and use hatred. 40% more xp total is worth more than getting the last 3-400 waves in...I don't want to anger that many waves

GregW17
GregW17
5 posts
Peasant

e9948: you could just take the cheese route for snowball... when it starts snowing pause the game and drop 27 G1 bombs. Easy peasy.

Disclaimer: I have NOT attempted this myself and haven't gotten the achievement, but that seems like an easy way to get it.

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

Was playing T7 and angering broke at ~wave 80. Would process that gem bombs were thrown and update armor/hp/etc right, but wouldn't add very many monsters. Auto-throw was set at 9-14 bombs, and used ~grade 24s.

GregW17
GregW17
5 posts
Peasant

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention... Apparently I lost ~600 levels with the update/nerf and ended up having to remove a bunch of skills to continue...

Kaminali
Kaminali
8 posts
Farmer

The game lag too much and can crash when we have to many enemy AND the gem in tower are set on certain priority. For me, special and nearest the orb lag and crash with 2000 monster, but with least hit point priority, no lag with 10 000 monster...

xroads42
xroads42
87 posts
Farmer

just reached lvl +450 with u-spam upgrade.
(blood lvl 135, mana lvl 90, crit: lvl 20)

xroads42
xroads42
87 posts
Farmer

might was only lvl 55.
ill try it again with might 130, mana/blood/crit lvl 70

DarthMohawk1
DarthMohawk1
19 posts
Nomad

I just realized a different implication of the new Hatred modifier: grinding for lv100 talisman fragments is going to take a lot longer. (Yeah, I hadn't finished mine...) To clear max-everything Y6 now requires approximately a G52 gem with 6 G47 amps, which makes calling all the waves to finish in under 5 minutes pretty much impossible. The last few waves have around e27 health...
(I had all the relevant skills at lv 75 for those who need to know)

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Has anyone already said: "THE NEW VISION FIELDS ARE GREAT"
(shoutin' intended!)
The ones I've seen have a real nice design and although there seems to be mostly only The One Way to solve it is nice how this way fits to the monsters!

Showing 16-30 of 54