ForumsGamesGemcraft CS new version released

54 10726
jdguy99
jdguy99
58 posts
Farmer

Has anybody dived in yet? How have you found it? i wont have a chance until later today.

• 54 Replies
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Well, Peter just did some really good job.

You know, we still can find some little nice exploits to lever our gems and get them high... I miss good old g100s...

LucaDiv
LucaDiv
31 posts
Nomad

v1.1.1 is up, minor bug fixes, nothing special. get's rid of the "+0 chain hit length" though thankfully.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Nothin' special? You're joking!
WL-cap removed - Great news!

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Bilbo, do you mean maxing your level now?

LucaDiv
LucaDiv
31 posts
Nomad

@bilboCGL lemme know when you get high enough level that it's actually relevant.

e99r8
e99r8
6 posts
Peasant

After playing a bit more I have to say bravo for the update! Runs much smoother on my old laptop and the multi-bombing is sooo nice.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

After yesterdays run, I think it could be done in less tha [carrier lost]

DarthMohawk1
DarthMohawk1
19 posts
Nomad

There's around 150 fields available; all you need to do to get a wizlevel above 10,000 is score about 7B experience on each one. Given that it's very possible to get over 20B exp on a max run, I don't anticipate this being a huge problem.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Yesterday I got 45e9 on a run,,,

tulamide
tulamide
37 posts
Shepherd

Surpise #1: I left the game a few month ago with wl 3336, now I'm wl 4332 with almost double the initial mana bonus.

Surprise #2: xp on a field is shown with the multiplier already calculated in. Nice.

Surprise #3: All traits on max except mana lock (=0) now gives a multiplier of 86.5. Higher than before (don't remember the exact number, 70 something?)

Surprise #4: Although no permafreeze anymore, it seems that overall you get more xp. Read, not max xp, but on average. At least I get to new wl much easier than before.

Surprise #5: Less lag. Although probably due to permafreeze missing.

It took a very long time, but it might be enough improvement to hook me for another 4 weeks or so

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

I did a little messing around on F1, got 9.5e10 in about 1.5 hours (full anger most waves up to 500, that's about 10^33 hp angered on average, but didn't use Hatred).

HP progression largely looks the same as 1.0.19 without Hatred buff. 10^44 by level 750, don't want to say it's undoable, but it's pretty ugly (my grade 66 wasn't touching that). I could see ~10^40 without perma-freeze (low 70 grade, minor spell throwing), it just gets impractical once the fliers are out of grade 30 gem bomb range. Mana was about e22...but there were some oddities, like my slow gem with lower fire-rate (even below 30) amassed hits faster than my mana gem (made sure creeps wouldn't die on it).

Of course with full hatred it's probably 10^100 at that point. So even if the game doesn't lag or do weird things (some trap skips, but who wants to play slower than 9x for 1k waves), finishing endurance looks like it has to wait for a really big bug find.

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

Messing around on P6 with all hardeners, this is start of endurance (I still optimize nothing, U button forever!
http://i.imgur.com/Uro3hFU.jpg
Laggy to keep farming mana, too many creeps on the screen at a time. Upped the gem to 72, wave 350odd was too much (~10^40 hp, 10^38 healing hurt more). Pretty sure on this hex without Hatred you don't see this hp until wave 600+.

So it'll be finicky and laggy to farm up the mana, still the 10-20x more effective gem you can make at this grade isn't going to cut it, and later on...

jdguy99
jdguy99
58 posts
Farmer

I decided to start the game over with the new version. Had the MP.
it seemed so much easier overall. from start to "beating" the game ( ie complete x5) i think i had to redo one map as i messed something up and died. Not that it was too hard. didnt repeat a single level to get more xp. I went to get the orange skill as i skipped by that area earlier, then did two levels on glaring ( by then i was up to level 500 or so). After that I went straight on to haunting. Its seems with the new version that glaring is basically irrelevant now ( other than for finding any hidden levels etc tied to glaring). Too easy to get beyond that. Love the new bombing ability.
But i am now over wl1200, have only done the glaring/haunting on Hex f ( 5 of 6 maps). I havent done any gem combining other than making a level 3 ( 1 r, 3 w 4 either o or y for obvious uses) and then hitting u as i get the mana. My max gem has been around 45 -46. Levels dont take more than 20-30 min i would say ( havent really timed it). So perhaps the main reason for the new version was to make it more friendly to casual players?? thats how it feels anyway.

dandeliongames
dandeliongames
3 posts
Farmer

Anyone know if the reset achievements for 120 skill points thing can be done multiple times? If I reset and get 120 points, can I do it again for 120 more once I have unlocked 180 achievements again? The description reads like it'll only give points once, but that seems like a strange feature if it's not repeatable.

LucaDiv
LucaDiv
31 posts
Nomad

yup, that's how it works, you can only reset them once. i think it should probably be changed so that you can reset them as much as you want, just only give the +120 skill points the first time you do so.

Showing 31-45 of 54