ForumsGamesGemcraft CS new version released

54 10725
jdguy99
jdguy99
58 posts
Farmer

Has anybody dived in yet? How have you found it? i wont have a chance until later today.

• 54 Replies
Oktavia_witch
Oktavia_witch
56 posts
Blacksmith

yup, that's how it works, you can only reset them once. i think it should probably be changed so that you can reset them as much as you want, just only give the +120 skill points the first time you do so.

And then we come back to good old Labyrinth system, where we had to do a ton of irrelevant **** just to get skillpoints.
vetokend
vetokend
28 posts
Peasant

Irrelevant **** is better than nothing. What I loved about GC:L is that there isn't a power ceiling, just a series of caps that get softer and softer.

Veto

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

GCL's soft cap was pretty much impossible to reach in the game after a few patches (shrines kill everything with high enough gem even though it's a lag-fest). Which is pretty much what we have in GC2 albeit more colorful and has the vision maps to mess with. If you think GCL's caps are difficult to reach, watch Gremlion's youtube vids.

Sure, there's reasons the dev would want to nerf the crap out of what non-premium could do (also happened with GCL), as usual he probably went too far this time. Would have been better not to miss those things before release of course, maybe GC3

borthelcash
borthelcash
104 posts
Peasant

So, I tried 1.1 just now. I dropped from wizard level 3157 to 2105, though I only had to take out some non-essential skills (95% of it was poolbound) to continue play. I set up a 'standard' 64c mana farm starting with the 128 spec gem and 64c amps.

Ended endurance with a grade 82 killgem (upgraded by U for now), 4 grade 79 and 4 grade 78 yellow amps (also with U for now) and gained 54 billion xp, jumping me to level 3,983. After spending loads of skillpoints on true colors (126+15), orange and black (96+15), I am seriously liking my new base grade 1 gems .

And, I hear some are already past 10k wizard level already. I can't wait to see how ridiculous the skills can be pushed at that level. Who knows, we might see 100+ gems again .

borthelcash
borthelcash
104 posts
Peasant

Just started another run with my enhanced gems - it only took me a couple hours to discover that this bug still hasn't been fixed:

http://i.imgur.com/O2sxH2O.png

Mana is still overestimated by that factor of 100, and many more players who mana farm will come upon this bug sooner or later when they have crazy levels and ultra high grade gems.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Even if this is a g99 you could easily see, that I have exeeded the g100 by now...
http://i.imgur.com/ZqiOiFS.jpg
Has anyone already said, cyan is not more unuseable?

Karmagasm
Karmagasm
7 posts
Peasant

you guys are bonkers.

jdguy99
jdguy99
58 posts
Farmer

So just had my best run i think in any version of this. 165 b xp. It was very much a learning experience though, as i discovered the one thing i dont know how to do to have runs like that on a regular basis......have patience lol

I was on and off the run throughout the day, and really just got rather bored. i might have been able to push a little further, but between the lag the time it was taking I was more than happy to get this score and call it a day. ( On M5 )

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

It's great until it breaks Well, really repetitive with no margin for error and such...

Got two runs of ~1.5e11 by dumping Hatred. Have to anger more at the start, just drop a grade. I do about 5e26 worth of mana in a 12mill hit kill gem, that gets to about e42 with U button and occasional use of spells (if you macro you can go with less mana, but it's not a big deal to get that before wave 80). I do a few 8comines to up specials and lower damage on mana trap/amps--if you combine anything, mana amps first. Most important thing is takes about 2 hours (won't be great xp on a later map, you'd need more damage there, want to survive til at least wave 500), and high hp creeps stay off screen where they lag you a bit less.

I just noticed the 10x skill scale on cyan skill, with 3+15, I could get a r/c/blck gem to about e45 healing loss per hit with a 20k blood multiplier. Have to check out how laughable it gets with skill points. I've had e2x poison, but not enough to be viable, and that would mean creeps on screen needing status updates which means lag.

Showing 46-54 of 54