ForumsWEPRPerfect government system

22 13990
DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

Is the Scandinavian model the perfect governance system. If one think about it, then the perfect system is the one which brings 'good' to the people. Why have money, if the wealth is distributed amongst the 1 percent, while the rest of the people lives like a third world country. Even taking public service as an example, in Scandinavian countries the police is considered as a symbol of peace, while in a capitalistic society the police is like a wolf pack searching for a prey.

• 22 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Just to point out, the Nordic nations are broadly capitalistic nations, with lots of welfare thrown in (Free education, universal healthcare, etc). It's a misinterpretation to link capitalism to police brutality; they're not directly related.

There is no perfect government system; there are only systems that do the best possible in catering to the needs of all people. There's no blanket system that can be imposed on every nation, simply due to the fact that each and every nation is so uniquely diverse in their culture, history, way of life and practical factors.

For example, the Nordic model relies heavily upon a large tax base; a welfare system is only possible if the money comes from somewhere. Yet this would be disastrous if imposed stringently upon ageing populations with a shrinking taxbase.

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

Define " perfect ".
Define " good ".
Define " peace ".

For example if the price of inventing interstellar travel would be an absolute dictatorship where extermination-camps are daily routine, money is in the hand of 0.0001%, and the average person lives in a pig-hutch - I'd vote for it.

I believe in globalisation, in the One Government For All, but not in perfect.

WHDH
WHDH
168 posts
Shepherd

Guys I dont know are you Americans but that is completli diferent sistem than in Croatia or Hungary or Germany...

Gameboy98
Gameboy98
232 posts
Jester

Perfect system: THE FACTION SYSTEM FROM THE DIVERGENT TRILOGY!

(Sorry, dumb trolling)

EVERY SYSTEM HAS A FLAW! AND THOSE FLAWS WILL BE THE CAUSE FOR THE PEOPLE'S NEED TO CHANGE THAT SYSTEM!

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

For example, the Nordic model relies heavily upon a large tax base; a welfare system is only possible if the money comes from somewhere. Yet this would be disastrous if imposed stringently upon ageing populations with a shrinking taxbase.

funny you use this example nicho. xD
it's exactly the change where most european nations are heading for the next 10-15 year.
our systems have to change but nobody really knows how. a popular option atm in a few countries is the health care insurance change, to a way that leaves the government mostly out of the picture. so that the costs can be cut down without the lost of promise that you will get medical help whenever you need it. if it works i can imagine it could work for the whole social safety net. it would be a system more based on market regulations then on taxes.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Ikr @partydevil! Would be a pity if the Europeans didn't see what Japan is being afflicted with now. Too few young people. But at least their welfare system is not as deep.

Gameboy98
Gameboy98
232 posts
Jester

Wait. Maybe the perfect system would be one which could adapt to how external conditions require it to be. If there are specific big problems growing in the limits of the system, then it will then adapt to accommodate beyond those limits and then change to the next requirements when the time is needed. There is no perfect Pepsi, but perfect Pepsis.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Would be a pity if the Europeans didn't see what Japan is being afflicted with now. Too few young people.
oh, they see it. but not much to do about it really. maybe a new baby-boom will do. but how are we going to promote that? the wellfare we have now makes us want to have less children. (what is a good thing when you take the environmental point of view. =P )

Wait. Maybe the perfect system would be one which could adapt to how external conditions require it to be. If there are specific big problems growing in the limits of the system, then it will then adapt to accommodate beyond those limits and then change to the next requirements when the time is needed.

only 1 problem... we cant predict the future. we can predict some but not all.
also i'm not sure how you see the adapting part. governments are already adapting too what plays the field in the country... (i hope thats a understandable expression in english)
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Perfect depends on opinion. A perfect government is impossible, someone will always be unhappy and disagree.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

someone will always be unhappy and disagree.

Not in north korea. Everyone is always thrilled.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

The Interview is not a valid and factual source of information.

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

What about The Adventures of Kim Jong Un? That's got to be a cromulent source, right?

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

Kim Jong Un is supreme leader in all governments. Supreme leader is Illuminati

There is no &quoterfect government system." Every government system has flaws. If I had to pick one, though, I'd choose the chieftain system of the Vikings. If you had a problem with someone, you settled it in bloodshed, no questions asked, and if you kill the Jarl, you get to become the Jarl.

stuffedanimals
stuffedanimals
1 posts
Nomad

"Perfect" means common people's opinions. If the government offers much convenience to the masses, we can call it perfect.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Actually, perfect means ideal in every way, which is impossible.

Showing 1-15 of 22