ForumsForum GamesDragon Age: Expedition (RPG)

78 21158
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

A year has pass since the Inquisitor's victory against Corypheus, the chaos is beginning to slow under the watch of Divine Victoria and Inquisitor Trevelyan who now poses as her righteous arm but while the situation on the surface has just begun to settle, a fear now envelops the minds of Thedas. While Corypheus's dragon may have not been a true Arch Demon, it has instilled fear into people's hearts still recovering after the last blight only a little more than a decade ago. In light of the rising powers in Thedas, a joint operation has been authorized to locate the last remaining old dragon gods of tevinter, Razikale and Lusacan, to stop future blights from ever occuring. You have been selected for this dangerous mission and its success could mean a new era of peace and safety for Thedas without the looming threat of darkspawn deep underground.

Welcome to Dragon Age: Expedition, this RPG is inspired by a recent playthrough of Dragon Age: Inquisition as you might be able to tell so whatever my ending for the game was will impact how this story goes.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Race: (Elf, Human, Dwarf, or Enlightened Darkspawn)
Background:
Organization: (Inquisition, Templars, Mage's College, Wardens, Orlesian Army, Dalish, etc.)
Class:
Lvl: 0
===============
Stats (Allocate 50 points)
Strength: (Warrior Attack Damge, power)
Constitution: (+5 health for every point, endurance)
Cunning: (Crit. Chance and Ranged Defense, street smarts)
Willpower: (Magic Defense, general Intellect)
Magic: (Mage damage, arcane arts)
Dexterity Rogue damage, agility and quick hands)
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
Health: 100/100
Armor: 0/100
Barrier: 0/100
Stamina/Magic: 100/100
EXP: 0/100
===============
Inventory:
Armor:
Helm:
Weapon
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:
Potions: 8/8 Healing

Equipment will be given depending on your initial character, stats will be based off of starting stats in the DA: Inquistion. I will give each character a starting perk based off of race selection. Any Ideas are welcome.

• 78 Replies
StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name: Ashiwyn Teasen'ghymn
Race: Elf
Background: The Teasen'ghymn family can be found among many Dalish clans. They are often storytellers, history finders, negotiators, and history keepers. With all of the work they do it's not uncommon to find them believing in The Maker's existence but so far only one clan has some that will follow him and yet stay with the Dalish. They stay because they want their kind to have a place to call home, to reclaim the forgotten knowledge, and to be able to chose who to worship. Ashiwyn was born to this family and was raised in the Brecilian Forest. Her family has taken her to Denerim and other human cities during their travels but she would have to say that she liked Haven and Redclif the most for they were small and seamed to be willing to let nature be. Ashiwyn joined the Wardens a month after the 5th Blight. When she thought she had heard the calling she made her way to Orzammar so she could stop by the two human settlements she loved. When she got to Redclif the fighting helped to snap her out of it. She then joined the Inquisition and has worked in it ever since.
Organization: Inquisition, Wardens, Dalish
Class: Rouge: Daggers
===============
Stats (Allocate 0 points)
Strength: 10
Constitution: 10
Cunning: 10
Willpower: 10
Magic: 0
Dexterity: 10
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
Armor: 50
===============
Inventory:
Armor: Warden Scout Recruit Armor(40 Armor)
Helm: Griffon Helm (10 Armor)
Weapon: Iron Dalish Daggers( 6 Attack x2)
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

"The Champion was here but I think he headed for the docks about a day or two ago. He is probably on a ship to Kirkwall by now. You really should have been here when he first showed up. Lady Cansandra is apparently a fan of him and chased Varric all throughout Skyhold's Chantry for hiding him and not introducing him the moment he arrived in Feralden. I honestly think her anger ended up keeping her from knowing that others might have been watching." I say with a big smile and a laugh. If Casandra was there I would not have dared mentioned the event but, as far as I knew, she wasn't near by.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Background: The Teasen'ghymn family can be found among many Dalish clans. They are often storytellers, history finders, negotiators, and history keepers. With all of the work they do it's not uncommon to find them believing in The Maker's existence but so far only one clan has some that will follow him and yet stay with the Dalish. They stay because they want their kind to have a place to call home, to reclaim the forgotten knowledge, and to be able to chose who to worship. Ashiwyn was born to this family and was raised in the Brecilian Forest. Her family has taken her to Denerim and other human cities during their travels but she would have to say that she liked Haven and Redclif the most for they were small and seamed to be willing to let nature be. Ashiwyn joined the Wardens a month after the 5th Blight. When she thought she had heard the calling she made her way to Orzammar so she could stop by the two human settlements she loved. When she got to Redclif the fighting helped to snap her out of it. She then joined the Inquisition and has worked in it ever since.
===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Raelin heartily laughs, the kind that makes you want to laugh along with him "I would have paid to have seen that performance, it's almost to good to be true from what I heard of those two." he says as he catches his breath, ending in a smile "Ah that was needed but we should go, best not to keep the Inquisitor waiting for too long." he keeps on his smile as he walks over to the door and opens its wide for you "Ladies first, so Ashiwyn you don't mind waiting?" he jokingly says. Raelin even during the joining kept a positive attitude, he left the band of wardens briefly to investigate a darkspawn attack on his hometown but when he returned he would not answer any questions. He aspires to be great hero such as Hawke or The Hero of Ferelden, but he does not do anything just for glory.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

I smile and walk through the door before answering. "No, why?" I ask with a slight tilt of my head. I had always liked Raelin's positive attitude and had been worried when he had returned from his hometown. I vowed to do everything I could to keep him from remembering the bad things that I assumed happened.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Raelin lets another warden hold the door as he moves to walk beside you and up the stairs to the courtroom holding on to his smile, a look of pride in his eyes as he looks up at the main hold "I heard what happened to the Orlais order of wardens. I'm glad the Inquisition took them in, after all, it can only get better." he says with a certain tone that he is holding back information.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name: Demikas (Demi to those he is friendly with.)
Race: Human
Background: Born into a small family that was headed by two factions of thought, Demi's mother believed that their city-state needed to expand their influence into the other states to join them into an empire to rival that of even the Orlesian empire in population, production and military might. His father thought that it would be best just to ransack the other states and take their lands. Demi sided with his mother's side of thought but his brother followed his father, causing friction within the family eventually leading to their split. Demi and his mother kept the house while his father and brother left. He is a warrior politician, trying to get into the higher echelons of government where he can actually make a difference while also in the defensive garrison that protects their state.
Organization: Free marchers.
Class: Warrior: Shield & Sword
===============
Stats: 0/50
Strength: 10 (Warrior Attack Damge, power)
Constitution: 5 (+5 health for every point, endurance)
Cunning: 14 (Crit. Chance and Ranged Defense, street smarts)
Willpower: 14 (Magic Defense, general Intellect)
Magic: 0 (Mage damage, arcane arts)
Dexterity: 7 (Rogue damage, agility and quick hands)
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
Health: 125/125
Armor: 80
===============
Inventory
Armor: Free Marches Iron Chainmail (50 Armor)
Helm: Free Marches Soldier helm (20 armor)
Weapon: Iron Longsword (10 Attack), Leather Kite shield (10 Armor)
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

"I try to keep both as skillful as the other. They aren't too common, mostly when they are told they need a permit they don't return. Who may you be inquisitor? I assume you have business here."

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Background: Born into a small family that was headed by two factions of thought, Demi's mother believed that their city-state needed to expand their influence into the other states to join them into an empire to rival that of even the Orlesian empire in population, production and military might. His father thought that it would be best just to ransack the other states and take their lands. Demi sided with his mother's side of thought but his brother followed his father, causing friction within the family eventually leading to their split. Demi and his mother kept the house while his father and brother left. He is a warrior politician, trying to get into the higher echelons of government where he can actually make a difference while also in the defensive garrison that protects their state.
===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

He nods "They were not wrong, Divine Victroia is looking for able bodies to undergo a dangerous expedition, However we are only looking for proven warriors and people with useful skills. These were most likely zealots or as you said, common bandits." he goes off but breaks a brief smile "My apologies, I am Agent Reaver." he offer his hand for a handshake

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

I nod in agreement. I could tell that he wasn't telling me anything but I wouldn't pry. "Any ideas as why the Harald wants to see us Wardens?" I asked.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

"If they want they will return with the apropriate paperwork, as a city-state we need to look after our own. I assume you'll be holding a rally at the garrison barriks then?" I take his wrist into my hand, "Demikas."

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Raelin smirk grows even more "I have sort of an idea, let's just say some guests have arrived late to the party." he cryptically says as the large doors into the castle open. The interior is suprisingly quiet, the usual amount of diplomats have disappeared only a handful of workers and soldier populate it. The Inquisitor sits upon his dragon-bone throne with a Grey warden by his side dressed in white steel plate armor, and a winged griffon helm. The breastplate indicates it a woman but not other distinguishable traits appear except the armor is that of a Warden-Commander. Raelin walks slowly towards the two imposing figures, his smile slowly fading as the rest of the wardens stationed in Skyhold enter the keep as well.

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Reaver nods "Pleasure to make your acquaintance." he says politely, his grip is strong "We have no association with them, only agents such as myself have been directed to recruit." "I will hold a compeition, the rights granted to me by the King of Starkhaven. The top fighters will be offered a position that would pay well in the expedition." he informs you

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

"Being one of the first garrison-men you meet today, let me say it's an honor you come here, just leave us with enough lads to mind the walls alright?" I say with a big grin, "Come, I will bring you to the barracks, I am sure you are in a rush." I say heading toward the barracks.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Oh no, Raelin lost his smile. I thought as I tried to figure out if was because of the crowd or the Warden Commander that was standing next to the Inquisitor.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Reaver laughs a bit "Just the good ones." he replies. He follows after you "You are correct but my schedule is a bit more lenient, after all we can afford no mistakes in this mission." he keeps his eyes trained on you, only switching occasionally to a passerby.

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

The Inquisitor with both hand on the arm-rests of the throne, speaks "The Grey Wardens have come a long way since the events at Adamant but now I must call on you all for an all important mission. Thedas is united like never before and with this new power of unity, Lelian- I mean Divine Victoria has commanded all the faithful to join her expedition to find the last remaining old gods of Tevinter, thus putting a end to future blights." he stands up "When stroud was left behind, the Orlais Wardens were left wounded. I have located a new leader for all of you. Warden-Commander, care to introduce yourself." he looks over at the warden with a smile. The Warden-Commander nods and takes a step down before sliding off her helm, her light blonde hair falling at her shoulders "Never thought I would see so many wardens in one place." Is all she says before Raelin salutes as you hear someone whisper "It's the Queen, the Hero of Ferelden!"

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

I give an amazed smile before bowing because The Hero of Ferelden has always been my idle and the reason why I joined the Wardens. "It is an honor to meet you." I say as I come up from my bow.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Raelin's smiles returns as he spots the look on your face as your shock is the most prominent of the other wardens who also give gestures of respect "Thought I would have gotten used to that by now." she quietly says as her attention turns to you "The honor is mine, Ashiwyn. Raelin spoke highly of you on the journey here." she gives a small smile before turning her gaze back to the group "We are the key to this mission's success as every record of these two slumbering arch-demons point underground, no doubt infested with darkspawn along the way." The Hero nods to the Inquisitor "This is why I am releasing you into the Commander's hands, however you are welcome to return to the Inquisition when victory is achieved. Pack up your supplies and personal affects for you leave tomorrow to meet up with the rest of the expedition." he says indicating that you are dismissed. Raelin faces you, a grin on his face "That's right, I got to escort the Hero of Ferelden." he says with pridefully

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

"Well then I'd like to invite you to my home for a meal, or we could join the garrison for their dinner at the hall, I could introduce you to the trainers and get their opinions on some of the men. What kind of competition are you planning?"

Showing 16-30 of 78