ForumsForum GamesDragon Age: Expedition (RPG)

78 21160
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

A year has pass since the Inquisitor's victory against Corypheus, the chaos is beginning to slow under the watch of Divine Victoria and Inquisitor Trevelyan who now poses as her righteous arm but while the situation on the surface has just begun to settle, a fear now envelops the minds of Thedas. While Corypheus's dragon may have not been a true Arch Demon, it has instilled fear into people's hearts still recovering after the last blight only a little more than a decade ago. In light of the rising powers in Thedas, a joint operation has been authorized to locate the last remaining old dragon gods of tevinter, Razikale and Lusacan, to stop future blights from ever occuring. You have been selected for this dangerous mission and its success could mean a new era of peace and safety for Thedas without the looming threat of darkspawn deep underground.

Welcome to Dragon Age: Expedition, this RPG is inspired by a recent playthrough of Dragon Age: Inquisition as you might be able to tell so whatever my ending for the game was will impact how this story goes.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Race: (Elf, Human, Dwarf, or Enlightened Darkspawn)
Background:
Organization: (Inquisition, Templars, Mage's College, Wardens, Orlesian Army, Dalish, etc.)
Class:
Lvl: 0
===============
Stats (Allocate 50 points)
Strength: (Warrior Attack Damge, power)
Constitution: (+5 health for every point, endurance)
Cunning: (Crit. Chance and Ranged Defense, street smarts)
Willpower: (Magic Defense, general Intellect)
Magic: (Mage damage, arcane arts)
Dexterity Rogue damage, agility and quick hands)
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
Health: 100/100
Armor: 0/100
Barrier: 0/100
Stamina/Magic: 100/100
EXP: 0/100
===============
Inventory:
Armor:
Helm:
Weapon
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:
Potions: 8/8 Healing

Equipment will be given depending on your initial character, stats will be based off of starting stats in the DA: Inquistion. I will give each character a starting perk based off of race selection. Any Ideas are welcome.

• 78 Replies
StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name: Ashiwyn Teasen'ghymn
Race: Elf
Background: The Teasen'ghymn family can be found among many Dalish clans. They are often storytellers, history finders, negotiators, and history keepers. With all of the work they do it's not uncommon to find them believing in The Maker's existence but so far only one clan has some that will follow him and yet stay with the Dalish. They stay because they want their kind to have a place to call home, to reclaim the forgotten knowledge, and to be able to chose who to worship. Ashiwyn was born to this family and was raised in the Brecilian Forest. Her family has taken her to Denerim and other human cities during their travels but she would have to say that she liked Haven and Redclif the most for they were small and seamed to be willing to let nature be. Ashiwyn joined the Wardens a month after the 5th Blight. When she thought she had heard the calling she made her way to Orzammar so she could stop by the two human settlements she loved. When she got to Redclif the fighting helped to snap her out of it. She then joined the Inquisition and has worked in it ever since.
Organization: Inquisition, Wardens, Dalish
Class: Rouge: Daggers
===============
Stats (Allocate 0 points)
Strength: 10
Constitution: 10
Cunning: 10
Willpower: 10
Magic: 0
Dexterity: 10
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
Armor: 50
===============
Inventory:
Armor: Warden Scout Recruit Armor(40 Armor)
Helm: Griffon Helm (10 Armor)
Weapon: Iron Dalish Daggers( 6 Attack x2)
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

"I joined because the story of the Queen inspired me. She also saved my tribe from werewolves and found out the truth behind them." I say as I remember why I joined and gave a quick glance at my hero.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Name: Demikas (Demi to those he is friendly with.)
Race: Human
Background: Born into a small family that was headed by two factions of thought, Demi's mother believed that their city-state needed to expand their influence into the other states to join them into an empire to rival that of even the Orlesian empire in population, production and military might. His father thought that it would be best just to ransack the other states and take their lands. Demi sided with his mother's side of thought but his brother followed his father, causing friction within the family eventually leading to their split. Demi and his mother kept the house while his father and brother left. He is a warrior politician, trying to get into the higher echelons of government where he can actually make a difference while also in the defensive garrison that protects their state.
Organization: Free marchers.
Class: Warrior: Shield & Sword
===============
Stats: 0/50
Strength: 10 (Warrior Attack Damge, power)
Constitution: 5 (+5 health for every point, endurance)
Cunning: 14 (Crit. Chance and Ranged Defense, street smarts)
Willpower: 14 (Magic Defense, general Intellect)
Magic: 0 (Mage damage, arcane arts)
Dexterity: 7 (Rogue damage, agility and quick hands)
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
Health: 125/125
Armor: 80
===============
Inventory
Armor: Free Marches Iron Chainmail (50 Armor)
Helm: Free Marches Soldier helm (20 armor)
Weapon: Iron Longsword (10 Attack), Leather Kite shield (10 Armor)
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Reaver laughs softly "All in good time my friend. Which is why the success of this expedition is crucial in showing the benefit of such an agreement." he states before shaking his head with an even more boisterous laugh "Ah 'The Game' you see, is the name for the elaborate and complex nature of Orlaisean internal diplomacy. Where assasinations and blackmail are all tools to gain an advantage over the other just as you or I would use a sword."

Background: The Teasen'ghymn family can be found among many Dalish clans. They are often storytellers, history finders, negotiators, and history keepers. With all of the work they do it's not uncommon to find them believing in The Maker's existence but so far only one clan has some that will follow him and yet stay with the Dalish. They stay because they want their kind to have a place to call home, to reclaim the forgotten knowledge, and to be able to chose who to worship. Ashiwyn was born to this family and was raised in the Brecilian Forest. Her family has taken her to Denerim and other human cities during their travels but she would have to say that she liked Haven and Redclif the most for they were small and seamed to be willing to let nature be. Ashiwyn joined the Wardens a month after the 5th Blight. When she thought she had heard the calling she made her way to Orzammar so she could stop by the two human settlements she loved. When she got to Redclif the fighting helped to snap her out of it. She then joined the Inquisition and has worked in it ever since.
===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Almost by chance the Warden-Commander catches your eyes, giving a brief smile for walking up to the gate with Balthasar as the rest of the wardens join the group "Then remind me to thank her twice for that one" Raelin smiles down at you "Just knowing there are people in the world like her gives you hope and hers is a story of tradegy, adversity, victory and romance. It's a epic if there ever was one." he smiles even wider as the Queen takes the center stage "Wardens as we leave remember what you have accomplished here for it will only be the prologue of a legend only we can secure. If you are ready to take the reigns of fate, then we march!" she speaks with the charisma of a true leader, her short speech invigorating your fellow warden, even Raelin shows more excitement than usual

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Background: Born into a small family that was headed by two factions of thought, Demi's mother believed that their city-state needed to expand their influence into the other states to join them into an empire to rival that of even the Orlesian empire in population, production and military might. His father thought that it would be best just to ransack the other states and take their lands. Demi sided with his mother's side of thought but his brother followed his father, causing friction within the family eventually leading to their split. Demi and his mother kept the house while his father and brother left. He is a warrior politician, trying to get into the higher echelons of government where he can actually make a difference while also in the defensive garrison that protects their state.
===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

"I see, I would like to talk more on the subject but we have arrived, please, sit near the top with our teachers."

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

I give a big smile as I feel a charge from the Queen's speech and think that the majestic dragons can't hide from us no more then we can hide from the corruption that is in our vanes. I then head to the stables to mount one of the few harts that the Inquisition has been allowed to ride.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Reaver nods "Thank you Demikas." he states as he sits down with the teachers and introduces himself and after handshakes are performed, he begins to inquire about the soldiers when one of the guards you know as Delin runs into the room "Demi, we have a situation. You must come quickly!" he yells

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

The hart lets you ride it without difficulty, the stable master opening the gate for you. Skyhold's gate has risen and the Warden convoy has begun to move, several other wardens followed you over and mounted as well. Raelin remains grounded but the Warden-Commander rides a White house with silverite armor embellished like the warden's armor.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

"****it!" I curse softly as I rush off, my hand at my sword at my hip and my shield on my back.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

I ride up to Raelin's side have the hart stay beside him. "Why aren't you getting on a mount?" I ask as I take a quick glance to see if anyone else chose to ride a hart or a dracolisk cause they are my two favorites.

AlCapown
AlCapown
70 posts
Peasant

Character Sheet:
Name:
Background: This one is a strange one, no one really knows where he came from. He has been drifting around from port to port leaving both shopkeepers and women looking for gold, his story is his own and only he can tell it. The one thing you can see that reveals a bit of his past is a scar over his mouth and eye.
Organization: Him self(tell me if this is not allowed)
Class: Rogue
===============
Stats (Al
Strength:
Constitution:
Cunning: 25
Willpower:
Magic:
Dexterity: 25
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
Armor: 0/100
===============
Inventory:
Armor:
Helm:
Weapon
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Reaver, along with other guards, run right after you. The guard who informed you of the incident takes you to the city walls, telling you the situation as you move along "A large group of bandits have hit one of our villages, they burned everything they could." he says with nervousness in his heart

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Raelin smile nervously "Well...I-I prefer to walk anyway." he says not looking you directly in the eye, A quarter of the wardens have taken mounts while the rest walk as the Inquisition can only spare so many. However you never actually saw Raelin riding any kind of mount and he seems to be quite evasive about taking one.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Background: This one is a strange one, no one really knows where he came from. He has been drifting around from port to port leaving both shopkeepers and women looking for gold, his story is his own and only he can tell it. The one thing you can see that reveals a bit of his past is a scar over his mouth and eye.
Organization: Him self(tell me if this is not allowed)
===============
Stats (Al
Strength:
Constitution:
Willpower:
Magic:
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
Armor: 45
===============
Inventory:
Armor: Mercenary's Leather armor( 45 armor)
Helm: None
Weapon: Dual Iron Daggers (6 Damage 2x)
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:
(This should be fine, you could be a freelance merc or just a adventurer type)

You had just escaped your last predicament, leaving behind the usual amount of interested parties as you disappear once again. You have made your way into Denerim, the capital of Ferelden and home of its king, Alistair. As you walk through the markets, You spot posters everywhere asking for volunteers for a united undertaking know as the "Divine Expedition'. It offers to pay substantial gold for experienced soldiers and saboteurs. It could be a way to wipe away all of your previous debts.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

I shrug and continue to ride beside Raelin. I know I could push the subject but I won't. It was this trait that had made me a good person to talk to.

AlCapown
AlCapown
70 posts
Peasant

Character Sheet:
Name:Trasye
Organization: Him self
===============
Stats
Strength:
Constitution:
Willpower:
Magic:
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

I look behind me out of habit before looking at the poster again, "substansial gold" i think to myself before heading to the Expedition camp.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

"Sound the horn and gather the men at the gate, full plate, this may get messy. Inform the council to my lateness of our meeting, you know how they hate being left out of the loop." I say as I look to the burning village thinking, How did they not see this coming and if they did why didn't they sound the bell?

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

You, Raelin, and the rest of the wardens exit the walls of skyhold, a few bystanders wave goodbye. The Warden-Commander leads the convoy just ahead of the wagon with Baltahsar next to her. The pace is brisk but steady enough for the wardens on foot to keep up and not get exhausted. Raelin stays by your side as you march down the mountain "It's going to be a long march, I pray for some entertainment on the way." he jokes, a smile on his face.

Character Sheet:
Name:Trasye
Organization: Him self
===============
Stats
Strength:
Constitution:
Willpower:
Magic:
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

At the entrance into the expedition camp you spot a inquisition soldier at a wooden table, a small line in front of him. It seems you are not the only one who saw the post. Each person in line is directed further in camp, the soldier writing down something after every person passes through.

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

"Right away sir!" the soldier runs back to the city, sprinting his fastest. There is a distinct lack of blood, except for places where the villages militia were cut down. As the commotion settles, you hear a distinct coughing coming from the tavern, someone is alive and kicking yet.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

"If not some fighting then at least some wildlife or some beautiful displays of nature." I say with a small frown at the idea of a long, boring, safe, dull march.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

(I never moved toward the town yet, I'm waiting for my troops to assemble.)

Showing 46-60 of 78