ForumsForum GamesDragon Age: Expedition (RPG)

78 21159
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

A year has pass since the Inquisitor's victory against Corypheus, the chaos is beginning to slow under the watch of Divine Victoria and Inquisitor Trevelyan who now poses as her righteous arm but while the situation on the surface has just begun to settle, a fear now envelops the minds of Thedas. While Corypheus's dragon may have not been a true Arch Demon, it has instilled fear into people's hearts still recovering after the last blight only a little more than a decade ago. In light of the rising powers in Thedas, a joint operation has been authorized to locate the last remaining old dragon gods of tevinter, Razikale and Lusacan, to stop future blights from ever occuring. You have been selected for this dangerous mission and its success could mean a new era of peace and safety for Thedas without the looming threat of darkspawn deep underground.

Welcome to Dragon Age: Expedition, this RPG is inspired by a recent playthrough of Dragon Age: Inquisition as you might be able to tell so whatever my ending for the game was will impact how this story goes.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Race: (Elf, Human, Dwarf, or Enlightened Darkspawn)
Background:
Organization: (Inquisition, Templars, Mage's College, Wardens, Orlesian Army, Dalish, etc.)
Class:
Lvl: 0
===============
Stats (Allocate 50 points)
Strength: (Warrior Attack Damge, power)
Constitution: (+5 health for every point, endurance)
Cunning: (Crit. Chance and Ranged Defense, street smarts)
Willpower: (Magic Defense, general Intellect)
Magic: (Mage damage, arcane arts)
Dexterity Rogue damage, agility and quick hands)
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
Health: 100/100
Armor: 0/100
Barrier: 0/100
Stamina/Magic: 100/100
EXP: 0/100
===============
Inventory:
Armor:
Helm:
Weapon
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:
Potions: 8/8 Healing

Equipment will be given depending on your initial character, stats will be based off of starting stats in the DA: Inquistion. I will give each character a starting perk based off of race selection. Any Ideas are welcome.

• 78 Replies
StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name: Ashiwyn Teasen'ghymn
Race: Elf
Background: The Teasen'ghymn family can be found among many Dalish clans. They are often storytellers, history finders, negotiators, and history keepers. With all of the work they do it's not uncommon to find them believing in The Maker's existence but so far only one clan has some that will follow him and yet stay with the Dalish. They stay because they want their kind to have a place to call home, to reclaim the forgotten knowledge, and to be able to chose who to worship. Ashiwyn was born to this family and was raised in the Brecilian Forest. Her family has taken her to Denerim and other human cities during their travels but she would have to say that she liked Haven and Redclif the most for they were small and seamed to be willing to let nature be. Ashiwyn joined the Wardens a month after the 5th Blight. When she thought she had heard the calling she made her way to Orzammar so she could stop by the two human settlements she loved. When she got to Redclif the fighting helped to snap her out of it. She then joined the Inquisition and has worked in it ever since.
Organization: Inquisition, Wardens, Dalish
Class: Rouge: Daggers
===============
Stats (Allocate 0 points)
Strength: 10
Constitution: 10
Cunning: 10
Willpower: 10
Magic: 0
Dexterity: 10
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
Armor: 50
===============
Inventory:
Armor: Warden Scout Recruit Armor(40 Armor)
Helm: Griffon Helm (10 Armor)
Weapon: Iron Dalish Daggers( 6 Attack x2)
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

"You could have warned me." I say with a slight jealous look but honestly not meaning any harm towards one of my few friends. I then head to the Warden quarters and pack up my things.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Name: Demikas (Demi to those he is friendly with.)
Race: Human
Background: Born into a small family that was headed by two factions of thought, Demi's mother believed that their city-state needed to expand their influence into the other states to join them into an empire to rival that of even the Orlesian empire in population, production and military might. His father thought that it would be best just to ransack the other states and take their lands. Demi sided with his mother's side of thought but his brother followed his father, causing friction within the family eventually leading to their split. Demi and his mother kept the house while his father and brother left. He is a warrior politician, trying to get into the higher echelons of government where he can actually make a difference while also in the defensive garrison that protects their state.
Organization: Free marchers.
Class: Warrior: Shield & Sword
===============
Stats: 0/50
Strength: 10 (Warrior Attack Damge, power)
Constitution: 5 (+5 health for every point, endurance)
Cunning: 14 (Crit. Chance and Ranged Defense, street smarts)
Willpower: 14 (Magic Defense, general Intellect)
Magic: 0 (Mage damage, arcane arts)
Dexterity: 7 (Rogue damage, agility and quick hands)
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
Health: 125/125
Armor: 80
===============
Inventory
Armor: Free Marches Iron Chainmail (50 Armor)
Helm: Free Marches Soldier helm (20 armor)
Weapon: Iron Longsword (10 Attack), Leather Kite shield (10 Armor)
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

He thinks only for a moment "Take me to the hall, I can begin evaluations early. As for the competition, it will be three-fold. The first part will be sparring, combat will be necessary on this trip and we have little time to train recruits. The second part will be a group battle in order to see potential leaders and how others work well in a team. A lone wolf will hardly be needed in the expedition. Lastly, a typical array of sports such as running, swimming, and climbing." he says all of this off the top of his head.

Background: The Teasen'ghymn family can be found among many Dalish clans. They are often storytellers, history finders, negotiators, and history keepers. With all of the work they do it's not uncommon to find them believing in The Maker's existence but so far only one clan has some that will follow him and yet stay with the Dalish. They stay because they want their kind to have a place to call home, to reclaim the forgotten knowledge, and to be able to chose who to worship. Ashiwyn was born to this family and was raised in the Brecilian Forest. Her family has taken her to Denerim and other human cities during their travels but she would have to say that she liked Haven and Redclif the most for they were small and seamed to be willing to let nature be. Ashiwyn joined the Wardens a month after the 5th Blight. When she thought she had heard the calling she made her way to Orzammar so she could stop by the two human settlements she loved. When she got to Redclif the fighting helped to snap her out of it. She then joined the Inquisition and has worked in it ever since.
===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Raelin's grin only increases "That would have ruined the surprise." he smugly says as he heads towards the Warden's quarters as well, disappearing into the crowd of Wardens. The Hero of Ferelden soon after enters the quarters, and sinks into a chair by the door. At first she seems to be examining her new band of wardens, perhaps not used to the company of so many of her kind and merely wanting to observe how they acted among themselves.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

I figured that she was just trying to adjust as I started gathering my things. Like any Dalish, I was use to traveling light but that didn't keep me from having some personal things. A stuffed Halla doll was among those things. This I had had since I was little and quickly packed cause I didn't want others to know I slept with a toy at night. I also had a hunting bow that I could use in combat but honestly preferred my daggers. Everything else was equipment and what would be needed to camp cause I doubted that we would be able to sleep in a real bed every night. Not to mention I love sleeping under the stars or in a forest more then in a real bed.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Background: Born into a small family that was headed by two factions of thought, Demi's mother believed that their city-state needed to expand their influence into the other states to join them into an empire to rival that of even the Orlesian empire in population, production and military might. His father thought that it would be best just to ransack the other states and take their lands. Demi sided with his mother's side of thought but his brother followed his father, causing friction within the family eventually leading to their split. Demi and his mother kept the house while his father and brother left. He is a warrior politician, trying to get into the higher echelons of government where he can actually make a difference while also in the defensive garrison that protects their state.
===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

"Sounds like your taking a lot into consideration. If you would have my opinion on this I would suggest Brin. He's heading toward a leading roll in our expeditionary force, I'd be sad to see him leave us though, I'll need to start training in a new one to take his place though. He's a good lad, dependable." I say heading toward the garrisons meal hall. "We're nearly here."

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Raelin, with a pack of essential and a few souvenirs from places he's been, walks over to you unknowing of your stuffed Halla "I'm glad we're taking this trip together, it'll be just like the old times." he smiles, one gripping his pack's strap. The Hero gets up and moves towards the door "Wardens. If you have everything packed, report to the lower courtyard. Food and tents have already been placed onto carts so we will leave as soon as possible." she states but does not leave and while her attitude seems cool and collected, her facial expression gives of hints of nervousness. Quiet befalls the room for a few moments before the talking resumes, a few wardens make their way out of the quarters. A warden you know only as Balthasar approaches the warden-commander however the surrounding noise blocks out their conversation.

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

"Brin you say? If he is as you make him out to be, then he will have a place among. If all goes well, he'll return here unharmed." he mentions before you inform him you are nearing your destination "Good, I am sure there will be plenty of valid candidates." he says eloquently, now noticing his slight accent.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

If I was in her shoes, I would want to see Alistir or Orgrim among the people I'm commanding so I would at least have a friend to talk to. I thought as I realized that she was nervous. "Yes, and you are still one of the few humans that I wouldn't just let my tribe chase away if we ran into them." I say with a smile as I put my pack on my back and head for the lower courtyard.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

I salute to the guardsman at the gate, "Men. Ah, Jaharl, run ahead and tell the food hall to prep another seat." Heading inside the grounds I move toward the dining hall. "Where are you from originally?" I ask in an offhand way.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Raelin walks by your side as you go down the stairs, smiling back "In that case, I'm no longer a Shemlen?" he laughs lightly "I even learned a bit of elvish in my travels. Emma na Falon." it comes out slightly broken but you can understand what he meant. The Hero emerges from the quarters a bit after you are on you way down, most of the other wardens following.

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Reaver stays by your side, examining the interior only returning to look at you when your question had already been asked "I am originally from Orlais however many years of travel has diminished my accent but many of their traditions I still hold dear." he states with a hint of delight in his voice.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

"Orlais? How is the monarchy holding up?" I ask as we near the dining hall, "Maybe you could demonstrate some traditions for me after the meal?" I ask noting his joy.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

"You aren't to me and I'm glad you are trying to learn Elvish." I say win an impressed smile before remembering that he isn't the only human who has taken the time to learn it. "Josaphine might be able to help you learn more." I say as I think of the diplomat.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Reaver smiles at your interest in his homeland "Orlais is as strong as ever under Empress Celene and ever since the alliance with the Inquisition, we have even started diplomatic relations with other nations in hopes of peace." he says happily and he laughs "Orleasian traditions are very formal and proper but...I may, some traditions however are better left out." he says with a chuckle. His eyes scanning everyone in the room even as you talk

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Raelin smiles back, happy to have impressed you "I'm happy you think so." he shrugs at you mention Josephine "Maybe but since we're leaving on a epic quest..." he waves his one hand out in front of him "...I doubt I'll be seeing her much." he says as you reach the lower courtyard, a wagon filled with supplies and tents with two horses pulling in drawn in. The warden who already made it down there make sure everything is strapped down "With this expedition, people will finally remember why the Grey Wardens are heroes and not villains." you hear behind you from the Hero as she talks to Balthasar, the oldest warden stationed at Sky Hold "Hero or Villain, what they believe does not change what we are. We are the only line of defense against the taint that forever threatens our world." he says in reply

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Reaver smiles at your interest in his homeland "Orlais is as strong as ever under Empress Celene and ever since the alliance with the Inquisition, we have even started diplomatic relations with other nations in hopes of peace." he says happily and he laughs "Orleasian traditions are very formal and proper but...I may, some traditions however are better left out." he says with a chuckle. His eyes scanning everyone in the room even as you talk

"How does this plan work with the city-states then?" I ask with keen interest. "There is no judgment from me, your traditions are your own." I say as I show him into the hall toward his place.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

I give a nod in understanding to what Raelin said and was about to comment on how that was a good point when I overheard the Hero and Balthasar talking. My face turns grim as my mind turns to how things would be without us Wardens. I shake my head as I try to get rid of such grim thoughts fore the second time in my life. The first being when I found out what Corypheus was trying to do and why he wanted the Wardens to be gone.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

"The city-states of the Free Marches are as you know, fiercely independent and not-so catering to foreign ambassadors at least in the past. My very prescence speaks for itself when I say we hope to elect a grand council, representatives from every nation listing their thoughts and concerns in a place where we can discuss it and hopefully act." he says with a pride at the very idea and later laughs "When then you have certainly never heard of 'The Game' my friend." he say 'The Game' in such a way to imply a deeper meaning

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Raelin notices the expression change in you face, having overheard the conversation as well, and tries to take your mind off it "You know, I never regretted becoming a Warden. The things I've seen, places I've been..." he bumps you elbow gently with is his "..people I've met. I would not trade it for anything in the world. I know many wardens see all of this a grim service but for me, It was a opportunity." he says with invigorating pride,

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

"Well then you should talk to the leader of the state, not me."
"The game? You have piqued my interest." I say with a slight smile.

Showing 31-45 of 78