ForumsThe TavernWhen You Read A Users Post, What Voice Comes To Mind?

22 8556
Guest_Pegasus1234
Guest_Pegasus1234
1,276 posts
Farmer

Do you ever read a person's posts, and hear a voice in your head as to what you think that person might sound like irl?? If so, I think it'd be fun to share ^^

We could turn this into a forum game like "What Does The Above User Sound Like" but for now it can be about any user

For me, none to mind right away, since I don't know any of you too well

• 22 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

The two I can think of is Manly and Storm. When I read one of Manly's posts I sometimes think of Manly speaking in a very low and tough voice. For Storm, I sometimes think of asian/american accent.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I thinks of hearing like, a young kid. Though, a very young professional kid.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I hear Tagalog quite a fair bit, so I do think I have a handle on how you sound like.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Actually, a lot of my friends say I have an American-ish accent, nothing like a Filipinos accent since I've been to many countries as a child and studied in many international schools.

As for you though, I hear a sophisticated Singaporean.

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Manly I kinda hear Carl from ATHF. And for you Pegasus I imagine you kind of sound like San from the Princess Mononoke dub.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

My own I guess? Everybody sounds like me.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I actually pictured you with a body of a ferret with a very very low, deep, and manly voice.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

I picture everybody with a nerdy/autistic sounding voice like you people are extremely socially inept.

This is really a subconscious thing so that I feel better about myself due to the lack of friends I have in real life, as well as the suicidal tendencies that I often have. It's a facade I put on to project myself as being better, when in reality, I'm really not, and if I were to ever consciously acknowledge this, I may have a mental break down.

*I'm joking*

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

For Rip, I picture a nerdy teenager in a knight suit. *joking*

But whenever I read SirLegendary's posts, I hear Jerome Ponce (Filipino actor, look it up) speaking English.
(Also, 1000th post!)

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

SSTG with a teenage voice would be weird. I never read with sounds. I just read the words and don't have a voice that goes with it.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

SSTG with a teenage voice would be weird. I never read with sounds. I just read the words and don't have a voice that goes with it.

I have a very deep voice. When I listen to myself on a recording, I sound like I talk slowly but I'm not. I hate that because it makes me picture myself as a pothead like most of my stupid uncles.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

When I listen to myself on a recording, I sound like I talk slowly but I'm not.

Same. Except when I record and I hear it, my voice sounds lower.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Storm, I sometimes think of asian/american accent.

have the vocaroos i posted on the chat once in a while taught you nothing
As for me, I'm like Ferret: Everyone sounds like me. Even if I already know what their voice sounds like, they sound like me.
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I hear a girl, like a regular girls voice. Haha I don't know how to explain it.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

It varies a lot with me. Not really sure how to describe how each person sounds. Girls sound like girls, they don't all sound the same or anything, but they don't sound like anything unusual either. Boys usually sound like some variation of me, with the occasional exception.

Showing 1-15 of 22