ForumsThe TavernSo this is the tavern...

3488 666376
joshua_setyantoro
joshua_setyantoro
12 posts
Scribe

Can I order beer here?

• 3,488 Replies
mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

Well, to be honest, I hoped Chryos would hit me first

I couldn't control it, Tark has a will of their own.
It's nice not relying on cards on your hand but also unpredictable. You don't know what's in the deck and that may fail you at a critical point

Card cheating is forbidden in all games except P'phnart.
I know exactly what and when I'm pulling, I can even pull a card that wasn't there in my deck initially.
In poker it's a crime. In P'phnart it's a playstyle.
And one very different from yours.
Hey, @Swarmlord2 , wanna join in? In p'phnart you can join at any round except the last one.
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

And one very different from yours.

I wouldn't say it's that different xD like every player, I draw one card at the end of each of my rounds as well you think all these combos came randomly? The Witchsight card only allowed me to draw more and since I took care of drawing the necessary cards for the combo I was about to play beforehand (Apoptosis and Illusion of Fate), I activated it to play many of the cards I've drawn instantly.
The difference is that I thought this was a special rule of the gaze deck, meaning the ability to see what cards you are getting and choose what to draw from your deck. I didn't know it was for all decks. And speaking of which *opens up the latest version of P'phnart rules manual*

hmmm....Gaze special ability...Gaze special...There it is! Oooh. Interesting

Btw Chryos, the card you destroyed was the Astronomican Beacon, a structure that empowers all my units in darkness conditions like this one. It can also function like an artillery, firing focused beams of destructive light against targeted opponents. A pretty good card, but luckily not the core of my build

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Sigh. *shows Doom his hand*

Anyway, I think I should deal with this Darkness.

*places down all five cards in my hands*

I place down 10 of Thorns (represented by roses), 8 of Flow, The Orb of Living Light, Anchor of The Deep and Jack of Light. Next, I sacrifice my Jacks and use their essence to combine with the Orb of Living Light to create Helios, The Living Sun! I also combine 10 of Thorns and 8 of Flow with the Anchor of the Deep to create Nautilus, Titan of the Deep!

*cards merge into their respective creatures*

With the Living Sun in play, all monsters instantly take damage to the intense heat. However, thanks to Nautilus' ability, all my monsters are protected from the heat due to Water Barrier, which nullifies any fire attacks. And before you question how come Helios gets a water barrier too when he's a sun, my answer is that he can't be buffed at all.

*every card apart from mine is set on fire*

Next, I call upon the Druid Duet's Blessing to buff my Thunder Berserker's attack and have him strike down The Tower of Glass.

*Tower of Glass shatters completely*

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Luckily though you can't do that xD Thanks for attacking while my mirror barrier was up. It not only reflected the heat rays of your sun to your units (which causes no damage due to the Water Barrier), it reflected your thunder berserker's attack right back at him. The downside is that it only lasts for 1 round, but that's ok, I will figure something out in my next turn

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Oh hell. I forgot all about that Mirror Barrier. Now my Thunder Berserker is injured and stunned.

*facepalms as I get more cards from my deck*

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

I will just watch. Getting involved seems dangerous.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

As dangerous as it sounds, it's still a card game. It's just amplified with magic to aid with the visuals. No harm will come to the players.

*takes out a blank card deck and passes it to Swarm*

Feel free to modify the deck to your liking. Maybe you could go with a Tyranid deck and potentially destroy us all.

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

What can I do with a blank card?

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@Swarmlord2 you modify the blank deck magically to include the cards you like. Get creative. Nearly anything is allowed

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

How many cards may I have in a turn?

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I quote what mamibo said, "the beauty of P'phnart is the LACK of rules, not the rules themselves". So really, you can do whatever you like. Everyone has their own playstyle.

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

In that case, I place a 6 and 2 of swarm, with a warrior to control them.

*I place down the 2 cards, side by side, with a white knight behind them*

I fear that my late start will leave me with a disadvantage. Hopefully not for long.

mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

Assassin Guild finishes off the other Tark.

Hmm, I'll skip the rest of the move by now to give my Tark more initiative.

*Tark consumes The Living Sun*
Really, the living sun was a bad idea with Jormungand present...
*Tark Bites the stunned Thunder Berzerker, dealing 250 physical damage*
*With his armor reduced by the stun 100 is actually dealt*
*900/1000*

Nice...

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Not really. Mirror Barrier remember? It lasts till the end of my next turn, so this one xD

Anyway, let's see

*Plays 7 of Gaze on the Tower of Glass*
Now this tower may be kinda fragile but it multiplies gaze attacks from basic monsters by 10. The only drawback is protecting it for long enough to fire.
So I will compensate by adding an extra powerful card on top of it
*Plays a card showing GlaDOS, the Queen of Gaze on the Tower of Glass*

*Rolls the die and gets a 5* Yes!
I summon 5 pawns and set them in defensive mode. Now they are guarding my tower xD

4, 7, 9 and Queen of Gaze. Attack the stunned Thunder Berserker! 40 + 70 + 90 + 140 = 340 dmg, minus whatever its armor negates. Luckily he is still stunned and more vulnerable so I should deal some reasonable damage. Divine cards are not the only ones capable of dealing that much damage

*Jack of Flames Illusion attacks mamibo's Tark*
*My Tark attacks mamibo's Tark*

Oh no, I hoped he would add some extra protection to my tower. Let's hope 5 pawns are enough.

mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

Not really. Mirror Barrier remember? It lasts till the end of my next turn, so this one xD

While in darkness, assassin's guild damage type is pure-Pure, meaning it passes through any kind of barrier, defence, reflecting or shielding.
So nope. Did you read "Non est fumus abscue igne" by Francesco Bonora? It's a first dynasty rulebook, not to be trifled with.

Jack of Flames illusion deals 75 damage to the Bone Wall, leaving it with 25 hp. 10 splash fire damage is dealt to Tark, but thanks to their(his) flame protection 5 is actually dealt.

Tark - 745/750

Showing 3076-3090 of 3488